gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-06-04, 20:34
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyconnor
we have to buy it if we want them to stay afloat. They've already pretty much told us flat out, the more we buy, the better titles they'll be able to release.
Actually, we really don't have to do a damn thing. As consumers, the only responsibility we have to Hirameki or any other anime or game distributor is to pay money for a title we want to experience, but we are no way required to keep buying subpar titles or ones we're not interested in with the intent of keeping them going. It is the vendor's responsibility to create a product that the customer will want to buy and as such the burden of proof will fall on them. I really doubt many people will ever be taken in by a company's claims of "buy our mediocre stuff now and we'll do good things later, we promise." If you somehow feel a personal responsibility to them after these promises--well, I've got a bridge to sell you when you're done aquiring the Hirameki back catalog. Either way, I bought my copy of Hourglass of Summer because I was interested in the game, I'll most likely grab Ever 17 at some point, but beyond that Hirameki deserves no more of my money with their current offerings.
Old 2006-06-04, 23:54

Speaking of Ever 17, I just finished reviewing it here: http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2782

A title that truly deserves to do better in my honest opinion. It's one of the high license fee titles and is basically one of NA's chance for even bigger titles. I know they said they'd consider Memories Off if this title is able to do well.

And I'm not into buying a game just to support a company. I mean, yes support the good ones, but buying crappy games will make the company think they can get away with such nonsense and thus will very likely do it again.