gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-04-14, 12:30
Obsessive

Default Memories Off

Has anyone played this series?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/search/index...=All+Platforms Memories Off #5: Togireta Film
Memories Off After Rain Vol. 3 Sotsugyou
Memories Off AfterRain Vol. 1: Oridzuru
Memories Off AfterRain Vol. 2: Souen
Memories Off Mix
Memories Off Sorekara
Memories Off: Sorekara Again
Omoide ni Kawaru-Kun: Memories Off

OMG! Look at all that! Do they all take place in chronological order?

In the TV drama Densha Otoko, there was a scene where the main character bumps into a girl in the subway(he picks up her brush to return to her and them she throws it away in front of him) and all his stuff falls out of his bag, one of the items being Memories Off for PS2.
Old 2006-04-14, 12:50
Asmadi

All the PS2 versions confused the heck out of me, but I'll give it a try...

1. Memories Off
2. Memories Off 2nd
3. Memories Off ~想い出に代わる君~
4. Memories Off Sorekara
5. Memories Off Sorekara again

That's what I understand playing from the Dreamcast+PC versions

I think the AfterRain series is a random homoginization and continuation of the first two Memories Off stories, while the Memories Off Mix is like a fandisc.

Personally I stopped after the 3rd one, since it was the last one for DC. :(
Old 2006-04-14, 13:24
Obsessive

If I only have Vol. 2 and Vol. 4, would you say it's not worth playing? Is it important to have every single Memories Off to understand what's going on?
Old 2006-04-14, 13:28
Asmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonmasterX
If I only have Vol. 2 and Vol. 4, would you say it's not worth playing? Is it important to have every single Memories Off to understand what's going on?
Besides that after the 2nd one, the characters from the old seriesshow up as cameos, I don't think there's any problem. Each is a self contained story.
Old 2006-04-14, 14:38
Addicted

I've been wanting to get into the series, but just haven't gotten around to picking up the first two.

I really want to get my hands on the NeoGeo Pocket Color version, but I have yet to actually find proof of its physical existance on eBay or any import sites.
Old 2006-04-14, 16:27
thecrackdealer

I've played through the first 4 of the series, Memories off 1, 2, 3(Omoide) and 4(Sorekara).

Number 5 is for PS2 only and I don't have something that can play Japanese games for my PS2.

The series is pretty good, and is mostly about high school and college romance. I personally like the Infinity(by KID as well) series better, but I'm probably in the minority.
Old 2006-04-15, 12:56
borgor

nah it's not important to have played all the games in order though there is a continuity since each game take place one year after the other (I'm talking about the 5 main games)

The only recurrent character is Shin Inaho who's either the main character's classmate/best friend/co-worker/roomate...

Having only Memoff 2nd and Memoff Sorekara isn't that bad since personally I consider the 2nd as the best in the whole serie and Sorekara cameo characters are from 2nd iirc.

Yes the series revolves around high school and college romance but it's not sweet and funy romance like in say, To Heart games but rather a bit messed-up romance mostly because as usual in KID games people are always dying. Though I played most of the games I wouldn't say the serie is that good, well of course, it all depends on how high your standards are. Mine are not that high I guess, since I enjoyed 2nd and Sorekara quite a bit (aaah Miyabi....) ^_^;;
Old 2006-04-15, 14:03
Asmadi

The Memroies Off 2nd characters seem to show up in all of the series made after it. Other than that though, besides not knowing really who they are when they show up, I don't think you'd be at much of a lost when focusing on the main storyline.

As for the series as a whole, it's been one huge -ln(x), but that doesn't mean it's not enjoyable.
Old 2006-04-21, 08:37
Regular

Can someone confirm the naming pattern of the dog? In sorekara it was named as Shougo (Shin says it's Tomoya) and in omokimi it was named as Ken IIRC
Old 2006-04-21, 15:22
borgor

Does it really bother you?^^;;

The dog's name is Tomoya, Shin got it in Moemoff 2nd irrc and name it after the first memoff protagonist since they were buddies.
Starting with the following game though people give him the name of the previous memoff protagonist for some reason (usually a stupid one).
So in omokimi he was named Ken, in Sorekara he was named Shougo and in 5th someone call him Isshu.

So in the next game someone will probably call it Haruto obviously....
Old 2006-04-22, 03:10
Regular

Ah, so the real name is Tomoya....
Old 2006-04-22, 15:12

Default Same world as the Infinity Series

This game takes place in the same world as the Infinity Series (Never 7, Ever 17) games btw. I really like the character designs. I hope it comes out here. Hirameki said they currectly had no plans to bring it to the U.S. but it may change, depending on the sales of Ever 17.

http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2418

Although, it looks like there isn't much hope at this time...