gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-03-07, 16:27
Regular

Default Sakuracon *_*

Anybody from here able to attend Sakuracon (Seattle, WA) on Friday (24 March 2006)? I signed up to help the ren'ai/visual novel panel at the creation station since the guy who was running it can't make it. But if nobody else helps out, I'll be doing it on my own x.x I want help!

Currently planning to show tl'd game demos, game OPs, and tl'd visual novels. Explain what they're about, talk about the fansubbing community, say some things about popularity. Maybe show a couple MADs... I also said that if people can let us use their comptuers, I can set up demo systems for people to try.
Old 2006-03-07, 18:27

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I would dig up kj1980's brief(w) history of ren'ai gaming from the ASuki boards. I forget which thread it was in, though...
Old 2006-03-07, 18:30
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

No need.

http://www.shii.org/geekstories/eroge.html

edit: Actually, this is the only copy of this now, because all 2005 AnimeSuki posts were lost when the forum got hacked.
Old 2006-03-07, 19:42
Regular

If it helps, slides and links from my Llamacon talk are up at:

http://www.bishoujo.us/talks/

The focus of Llamacon was on fan-creation, so the talk was mostly about that... which may mean that it's not that useful. Some of the early slides might be relevant.
Old 2006-03-08, 22:14
Kawatori5hinji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii
http://www.shii.org/geekstories/eroge.html
This looks great! Saves me a lot of research >.>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyTom
If it helps, slides and links from my Llamacon talk are up at:

http://www.bishoujo.us/talks/

The focus of Llamacon was on fan-creation, so the talk was mostly about that... which may mean that it's not that useful. Some of the early slides might be relevant.
Well, I'll probably mention the fan-creation community in case there's people interested in making their own visual novels. That is if anybody shows up :)
Old 2006-03-09, 07:05
Regular

I should point out that I originally had a slide or two each on commercial and fan translation, but I actually took them out as they seemed somewhat off-message, given the stated focus of Llamacon on fan-creation. The source for the slides should still be commented out in script.rpy, if anyone wants to see them, although since they were cut in my first editing pass, they may not be totally correct.

You'd be surprised with how many people would show up. On my talk about creating games with Ren'Py, there were about 20 games in a room. That was for a talk catering to a very niche market. Targeting a talk to players, rather than strictly translators or creators, could significiantly increase your appeal.