gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-09-30, 22:09
Visitor

Default Ever17 error encounter problem

Managed to get my hands on Ever17 during SMASH(sydeny manga anime show). One problem, it won't let me do certain things.
What happens is Ever17 automatically shuts itself down after displaying
Ever17 - the out of infinity - Premium Edition has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry fore the inconvenience...(you all will be quite use to seein this popup rite? explorer or other programs)

This message pops up when I go to specials-> system voice -> click any option. If i open up the Save/Load screen and wait for 1~3 seconds.
and at point of finishing the game -> to epil

system voice - I don't really need it so no big deal
Save/Load screen - If i am quick enough message doesnt pop up, or i can always use quick save/load
At the end of the game - major problem. I don't know wat happens at the end after all that playing time!!

anyone experienced similar problem?

I REALLY NEED TO SEE WHAT IS THERE AFTER THE CAST ROLL UP.
Old 2008-10-01, 04:54
dsp2003

Your OS version, sound card, MS ADPCM codec version, game version (USA, JAP DVD, Infinity Plus release), FFDShow filter presence, Haali Media Splitter presence, onegai. -_-

The most probable cause is FFDShow (you must add ever17PC*.exe into "Don't use FFDShow for" list). Haali Media Splitter is also may crash it.
Old 2009-07-29, 00:18
Htarreva

Default Hey im having the same problem

Hey im having the same problem except with windows. everytime i try to do the same thing Ever 17 stops responding. Could you Show me the steps in fixing this? the post you wrote is alittle too complex for me to understand. so could u make it like step by step? please :)? like go this file then change this or that. This error is preventing me from saving at sara's save ending.
Old 2009-11-08, 04:47
Visitor

Default exact same problem

i have the exact same problem as the original post, specials-> system voice -> click on anything, crash. going to save or load menu, crash. and i'm ASSUMING, then when i get to the end of the game and before epilogue rolls around, it's gonna crash.

i'm using vista and i don't believe i have either ffdshow nor haali media splitter even installed (not sure, but tried to find ffdshow to no avail, no idea even how to check if i have it). i've tried all 3 cpu levels as well, makes no lick of difference

when the app crashes and i show details here's what it shows:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ever17PC_us.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 429529fa
Fault Module Name: ever17PC_us.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 429529fa
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000f008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f483
Additional Information 2: 4122835b1c7a5b50003ac003a80f19e6
Additional Information 3: 3e65
Additional Information 4: 32981b575cc4d6a73403a741684566ce

Read our privacy statement:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...3&clcid=0x0409

i don't want to play through this game to, i'm guessing here, barely escaping the theme park and blacking out.... to an appcrash. can anyone help me out?

EDIT: an ironic thing i've discovered is that the program also crashes when i try to quit from the start screen

DOUBLE EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by absautz View Post
I REALLY NEED TO SEE WHAT IS THERE AFTER THE CAST ROLL UP.
T_T

TRIPLE EDIT: dunno if it's significant or not, but the crash at the "epilogue" of You's endgame message of "This story is not an end yet. Because only you are in the infinity loop." was NOT repeated at the end of Tsugumi's same endgame message of "This story is not an end yet. Because only you are in the infinity loop."

on a side note.... this game is starting to scare me. like i'm starting to be paranoid, like i feel... someone's watching me kinda, not watching, but presence? .... which is REALLY weird cuz i was the guy who watched The Ring, Dawn of the Dead, The Grudge, and even Paranormal Activity and slept fine that night. o god, now that i mention those movies i'm thinking about them and getting freaked out. Ever17 was never meant to be a horror visual novel now was it? cuz if it was, it's doing it's job very well.

Last edited by toak; 2009-11-10 at 04:10.
Old 2010-02-08, 15:49
Visitor

Having trouble with this error too. Can anyone help?
Old 2010-09-20, 12:57
jazzrabbit

THIS, so much. The effing thing had worked fine the past, and now BAM, NO EPILOGUE FOR YOU.

I've disabled FFdshow and everything, replaced the end movie and setup setting, but no cigar. I have no idea why suddenly I'm getting this error.

I can post the tech info if it's helpful, tho I doubt it has anything to do with my machine - if it can run the effing Sims 3, it can run a lousy 2D VN.