gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-10-31, 13:20
Unregistered

Lack of updates must mean lots of progress yesssssssssssssss
Old 2008-10-31, 13:37
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Lack of updates must mean lots of progress yesssssssssssssss
yeah, um, about that.............................................................................
Old 2008-11-01, 00:52
Obsessive

;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_; ;_;
Old 2008-11-16, 17:44
Obsessive

BMUP ;)
10 char.
Old 2008-11-17, 12:19

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Can you at least try to spell the FOUR letter word of the real part of your post correctly? Your being lazy isn't going to make Asceai any more industrious.
Old 2008-11-17, 12:33
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Can you at least try to spell the FOUR letter word of the real part of your post correctly? Your being lazy isn't going to make Asceai any more industrious.
that was intentional ;)
Old 2008-11-29, 12:54
Unregistered

well I thinl I'll just play it with AGTH+Atlas, unless some progress will be done.
Old 2008-11-30, 04:38

Quote:
well I thinl I'll just play it with AGTH+Atlas, unless some progress will be done.
Than just do it, if you really want so.
Personally I shall patiently wait for the patch, coz I know(believe would be more accurate term, but that's enough for me) that G-sen is a great game, and it worth waiting for.
Old 2008-11-30, 05:00
Posts way too much

Yeah, yeah, I'm still alive. I was going to work on it this weekend but ended up spending the entire weekend playing Toushin Toshi 3 instead.

I'll still hold to the per-chapter releases, for reference, but I'm going to drastically change my translate-translateedit-edit-cleanup cycle, and do that on a per-script basis, so that everything's still fresh in my mind.

First chapter really is very nearly done, but I'm still not 100% happy with it.. and honestly, I have to accept the fact that some people would just play it, patch at a time, so it really needs to be all but perfect* before release.

*in that it's not actually going to be perfect, but something that at least wouldn't be a complete insult to the game
Old 2008-12-09, 21:43
Unregistered

Is there a wiki up?
more people are interested in this than you think, and it's also be easier for random people to contribute (one way or another, can't really speak for anyone other than myself)
Old 2008-12-09, 22:41

Why is a wiki crucial to collaboration? Random people who wish to contribute can simply contact him directly. If they are so lazy that they cannot bother to write an email or post a private message, then are they really cut out for helping with a sizable aspect of the translation?

A wiki is fine for random little edits only if the project would really benefit from things like that. Other than that, the only reason to set up a wiki is to keep everyone up to date with your internal progress (assuming you update the wiki directly).
Old 2008-12-30, 09:48
Unregistered

@Zalas: you make it sound like a wiki would be a bad thing.
not to mention only main route is being translated, a wiki makes it much more convenient for someone to contribute to things not being translated already.

also

"they are so lazy that they cannot bother to write an email or post a private message, then are they really cut out for helping with a sizable aspect of the translation?"

since when has someone's motivation to contact someone privately been such a significant reflection of their translation capacity as well as their skills in collaboration?

even the inverse is false, sending an email or PM doesn't encompass someone's capacity to translate or work sucessfully with others.
Old 2008-12-30, 13:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
@Zalas: you make it sound like a wiki would be a bad thing.
It could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on if you're using the right tool for the job. I wouldn't use a straw to drink minestrone, nor would I use a fork for soda, even if soda and minestrone are similar in many ways.

Quote:
since when has someone's motivation to contact someone privately been such a significant reflection of their translation capacity as well as their skills in collaboration?

even the inverse is false, sending an email or PM doesn't encompass someone's capacity to translate or work sucessfully with others.
It is not a reflection of their translation capacity, but if someone is going to be spending either days or months helping you on a project, then I think some direct communication is crucial for the process to be efficient and smooth. Furthermore, having the initiative to contact the person means that you are interested in actual cooperation, instead of "I'll just do whatever I feel like." Unless this new potential translator is going to be doing all the work by himself, communication and cooperation is going to be a vital part of keeping the group going.
Old 2009-01-03, 05:57
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
It could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on if you're using the right tool for the job. I wouldn't use a straw to drink minestrone, nor would I use a fork for soda, even if soda and minestrone are similar in many ways.
And in this case, i would think a Wiki would be adequate, as it's comparatively more reliable than a single thread, for purposes of progress monitoring as well as project management.

Quote:
It is not a reflection of their translation capacity, but if someone is going to be spending either days or months helping you on a project, then I think some direct communication is crucial for the process to be efficient and smooth. Furthermore, having the initiative to contact the person means that you are interested in actual cooperation, instead of "I'll just do whatever I feel like." Unless this new potential translator is going to be doing all the work by himself, communication and cooperation is going to be a vital part of keeping the group going.
Yes, direct communication is crucial, and it is entirely possible via a wiki, not to mention more convenient as opinions can be expressed and commented on more easily if so desired.

problem here is that for the time being, progress seems to be stalled, but if there was a wiki, it would be simple for someone else to pick up the project from where it was stopped, rather than starting from scratch or waiting.
Old 2009-01-03, 06:02
Regular

Wiki or not, the top priority (IMO) should be having the same person do the whole translation....