gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 2006-08-06, 16:56
Tonberryking Tonberryking is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
Default Games I got at Otakon

I picked up Tokimeki Memorial on the ps1 that comes with the mouse and two mousepads and the box in great condition. (I think this was the best thing I picked up since Tokimemo stuff is hard to come by.)

I also got Mizuiro and Sentimental Graffiti 2 both on the DC. Kinda angry that Mizuiro is a nakige. Course, I find this out later. Probably should have picked up Sister Princess instead. :/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 2006-08-06, 16:58
inuyasha9854
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Had I only the money...and the weekend off I would've been there...next year, I shall go next year... (remembers last year's purchases, leading to more purchases upon arriving home: Sakura Taisen and Sakura Taisen 2, both on Saturn....then I eventually got a DC too for others I may end up buying)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 2006-08-06, 17:19
Tonberryking Tonberryking is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14
Default

OMG I am like having an overload. I never thought the remake of Tokimemo 1 would be such an improvement. I love the new prologue and the voice acting makes everything so great!

Yuji Ueda voicing Yoshio ftw!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 2006-08-06, 18:10
cyborg_alberto's Avatar
cyborg_alberto cyborg_alberto is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Posts: 288
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto
Default

no money to buy...

and NO Otakon or something of genre to go and buy such things...

My city hardly have some kind of events... one or 2 per year... ;_;
However, you can't cry for my s... disappointment... ^_^;

See ya!

And re-de-actived again in 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 0! ;)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 2006-08-06, 20:09
kouryuu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

haha, while I was there I managed to finally pick up Ever 17 like I've been meaning to. Grabbed a copy of Touhou 6, since I've got the others... And Picked up a very nice looking Action RPG for the PC that looks to be great. Maybe some of you have heard of it before? Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki: Second Chapter

The art and gameplay trailer looked really nice, and I had to get something to make up for not being able to find a copy of Wind....

also got some soundtracks for the Touhou series, and a couple Growlanser Gashapon...


And yea.... i did.... I got Ayako to autograph my Ohno figure. Just the base though... But It was great seeing her reaction of 「あ!ランサだ!あ!ガイ・ボルガ!」 when she looked up at me In costume after signing the base...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 2006-08-06, 23:56
Carl Carl is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 551
Send a message via MSN to Carl
Default Re: Games I got at Otakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberryking
I picked up Tokimeki Memorial on the ps1 that comes with the mouse and two mousepads and the box in great condition. (I think this was the best thing I picked up since Tokimemo stuff is hard to come by.)

I also got Mizuiro and Sentimental Graffiti 2 both on the DC. Kinda angry that Mizuiro is a nakige. Course, I find this out later. Probably should have picked up Sister Princess instead. :/
What system is your copy of Mizuiro on? PC? PS2?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 2006-08-07, 00:12
AstCd2 AstCd2 is offline
Addicted
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,077
Default Re: Games I got at Otakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberryking
I also got Mizuiro and Sentimental Graffiti 2 both on the DC.
What system is your copy of Mizuiro on? PC? PS2?
Read harder =P
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 2006-08-07, 00:41
Varion Varion is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
And Picked up a very nice looking Action RPG for the PC that looks to be great. Maybe some of you have heard of it before? Legend of Heroes: Sora no Kiseki: Second Chapter

The art and gameplay trailer looked really nice, and I had to get something to make up for not being able to find a copy of Wind....
Anything made by Falcom has a pretty good chance of being worth your money. I'd get it but it looks a lot more text-heavy than their Ys series so I'd probably end up struggling. If you end up liking it though, try Ys : The Oath in Felghana (trailer here). Same company, best action RPG ever. With that, Ever17 and Touhou you should be sorted for games for a while at least =P

Damn England for not having events like this to give me an excuse to spend too much money.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 2006-08-07, 01:03
Carl Carl is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 551
Send a message via MSN to Carl
Default Re: Games I got at Otakon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstCd2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberryking
I also got Mizuiro and Sentimental Graffiti 2 both on the DC.
What system is your copy of Mizuiro on? PC? PS2?
Read harder =P
Read? What do you take me for, a visual novel fan?


Damn, no Dreamcast, or else I'd have offered to have it of his hands...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 2006-08-07, 03:39
Freakman Freakman is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36
Default

Sora no Kiseki : SC is the sequel to Sora no Kiseki, and thus is not to be played unless you've played the first one.
The game also happens (as someone mentioned) to be very heavily text based (making progression pretty hard without a walkthrough).
But the Sora no Kiseki series is nonetheless a sublime RPG, with awesome gameplay and a good story with its share of twists and tearjerking events.
A shame it's unlikely to get a translation any time soon.
Note : it's not an action RPG like Y's, it's a more classic turn based one. The game play is fun and addictive though.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 2006-08-07, 04:15
Varion Varion is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Sora no Kiseki : SC is the sequel to Sora no Kiseki, and thus is not to be played unless you've played the first one.
The game also happens (as someone mentioned) to be very heavily text based (making progression pretty hard without a walkthrough).
But the Sora no Kiseki series is nonetheless a sublime RPG, with awesome gameplay and a good story with its share of twists and tearjerking events.
A shame it's unlikely to get a translation any time soon.
Note : it's not an action RPG like Y's, it's a more classic turn based one. The game play is fun and addictive though.
Yeah, I figured as much having just been looking at the discussion about the script size on NightWolve's board. Shame really... I know one of the series got translated (a PSP one) but the fact both SnK games are on the PC makes it unlikely any company would pick it up, and the script length would probably scare most translators off. The world needs more English Falcom games.

So kouryuu, I hope you're happy with your Japanese proficiency and have enough money left to go buy the first one to get the most out of it xD At least the rule of thumb for Falcom games is they have good music, you can always enjoy that. How much was it btw?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 2006-08-07, 08:18
gp32 gp32 is offline
Irregular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 304
Default

Sora no Kiseki and its sequel are the latest games in Falcom's long-running "Legend of Heroes" series, two of which (not just one) have been ported to PSP and localized into English.
__________________
Quiet the sleep of the children who keep
Shadows clutched in the warmth of a dream
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 2006-08-07, 09:11
StoneCold
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Sora no Kiseki FC is being released on the PSP by Falcom themselves next month. Let's see if Namco Bandai pick it up to translate.....
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 2006-08-07, 09:34
kouryuu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion
So kouryuu, I hope you're happy with your Japanese proficiency and have enough money left to go buy the first one to get the most out of it xD At least the rule of thumb for Falcom games is they have good music, you can always enjoy that. How much was it btw?
haha.... well, our teacher estimates that we should be able to easily do JLPT 3 level material by the end of this summer, and that if it weren't for the amount of kanji we don't know, JLPT 2 by the end of fall. So I'll probably be sitting right here with me Kanji Dictionary the whole time....

hmmm.... wonder if It plays in windowed mode.... maybe I'll try to translate as I go, and post what I get somewhere...

As for the first.... hehe... no I don't have enough money to buy the first one... hopefully I won't be missing too much, or can at least find a summary of the first to help with that respect...

AS for how much it was: advertised price was $90, but because i was also buying Touhou 6 and some of their OSTs (Total $55) he gave me $10 off Sora, and $5 off the Touhou batch. So it came down to $80 for Sora, which i think is pretty good, considering its ¥8,400.

The photo storybook that came with the game is beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 2006-08-08, 00:17
Freakman Freakman is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 36
Default

Kouryuu : yes it's windowable, and that price was a bit of a ripoff : Falcom had a box with FC&SC for 10000 yens, and the extras for 2000 yens.

http://gillianseed.free.fr/ed6faq.txt has a summary of the story of the first chapter I wrote a while back, it includes everything you have to know to fully enjoy the second chapter. Of course playing it would be preferrable, but alas money being the evasive bastard it is, there's not much you can do about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Otakon '09 - Who's Going! JRaiKetchum General Discussion 16 2009-07-23 21:12
Otakon! Ayato General Discussion 47 2008-08-15 16:11
Got an otaku blog? M12 General Discussion 12 2008-02-08 15:24
Otakon anyone? JRaiKetchum General Discussion 39 2007-07-27 20:55
i got Air movie neo-kun General Discussion 24 2005-10-16 23:19


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.