gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-07-01, 21:49

Default Any info on Cross Channel?

It's been on hold since 9-2006, and when I emailed about the demo, putting the text translation back up or if it's been dropped there is no reply.

http://kurosuchannel.free.fr/
Old 2008-07-01, 22:40
Unregistered

There was some talk here Here stating the project hasn't been entirely dropped (last post was on Dec 07) so you could ask there.

But personally I feel that the project is as dead as any can get </3

Maybe someone else here can shed some more light on the issue.
Old 2008-07-01, 23:15
Posts way too much

Cross Channel is one of the best eroges ever. Be good to see the translation actually going somewhere (especially if it's just sitting at 80% :<)
Old 2008-07-02, 11:28
Regular

I am the 80% translator for Cross Channel, and I'm pretty sorry of the state of the project for the last months (years ?)... I haven't worked on it for more than a year, and although some editing was done on the demo, it's been sitting on my hard drive for some time now.
Considering I did the translation some time ago, it's definitely *rough*, so the amount of editing needed is kind of staggering. But I'm not sure it's worth scrapping the project. Cross Channel is definitely a good story.
I just could use some editors.
Old 2008-07-02, 16:42

Thanks for the update.

I am sorry to hear its been stuck at for a while. I hope it gets finished in some form.

Sorry I dont know anything about the translation/editing process or I would help.

Heck I dont even know what an editor does...

if it can be broken up by days, I could try if its a question of figuring out how the english should flow... so it sounds more natural? /shrug but it'll be hard without know what is going on during the scene.
Old 2008-07-02, 17:57
Unregistered

If you are seriously the translator, then I'm most definitely sure that many people would be willing to throw themsleves at your feet to command in editing the work for you, myself included. I would really much like to know what all the "superb and amazing game" deal is, as good stories drive me forward in life. Please, if you have time, create a group that's willing to do editing for you, since you've done plenty already with 80% of translation.
Old 2008-07-03, 03:05
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman View Post
I am the 80% translator for Cross Channel, and I'm pretty sorry of the state of the project for the last months (years ?)... I haven't worked on it for more than a year, and although some editing was done on the demo, it's been sitting on my hard drive for some time now.
Considering I did the translation some time ago, it's definitely *rough*, so the amount of editing needed is kind of staggering. But I'm not sure it's worth scrapping the project. Cross Channel is definitely a good story.
I just could use some editors.
http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki

I think this is a good thing we have a translation wiki. I'm sure people would be more eager to help when they see the project is at 80%. Good luck, I really want to play this game. :)
Old 2008-07-04, 19:30
Unregistered

I would second putting the script onto the translation wiki, as there are plenty of people who would be willing to edit, and having it in a place where people can join the team easily would work well, especially if the translation is near completion.
Old 2008-07-05, 00:19
Regular

A translation wiki certainly offers a good chance to get the translation done, but it's really horrible for editing. Editing shouldn't be done by more than 1 person, otherwise it defeats the point of editing. Contrary to what most people think editing is about rewriting the whole script to flow better and to give it more flavour, not just to fix typos.
Old 2008-07-05, 09:22
agi,a blackberry

In my experience, when a translator says that they have a very rough translation done, what they usually need to do is go back and look over the whole thing with a critical eye. In many cases there are a bunch of places that are mistranslated in one way or another from simple brain fatigue at time of translation.

Therela also no better editor than s translator, ideally another one, but even the original translator stands to do a much better job than most others because they can figure out which confusing bits are just bad writing, and which are mistranslations.
Old 2008-07-07, 00:35
Visitor

I would be willing to edit!

I've never worked on a fan translation, but I do have editorial experience. I also have hours upon hours of free time every weekend.

If you'd like to send me a test, please PM me!

(This also applies to any other translation project that might be in need of editors.)
Old 2008-07-07, 13:20
Unregistered

I'll throw my hat into the ring if a script editor is needed as well - I played the Cross Channel demo years ago when my Japanese comprehension was about 1/20th of what it is now, and even though I hardly understood it I was intrigued. And hey, anything to help the English-language VN translation community :3 Let me know if you're interested.
Old 2008-07-07, 13:23
Regular

-coughs- That was me in the above post. Should make getting in touch a little easier ^^;
Old 2008-07-13, 13:44
Unregistered

You probably have much better choices above in the thread, but I'd be willing to edit; I don't speak Japanese and can't promise to be quick, but I would try hard and never give up. vn@sdonag.plus.com ought to get to me.
Old 2008-08-20, 15:43
Unregistered

Any news, or is this still a dead translation since the last update on the 20th of September, 2006.