gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-12-25, 18:42
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Kealdrea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchanchan View Post
...oh, if ONLY you could play as Rin or Sakura. ;____; I can't STAND Shirou. And then there's the fact that I wanted to play as Rin and end up with Archer... oh dreams, you will never come true. D:>
>.< I was hoping the same thing after I played the Fate/stay night trial! I'm yet another Shirou hater. x.x; I really like some of the protagonists in visual novels (boring protagonist complex?), but while I do admire displays of bravery and the desire to protect someone close to you, there is a line between courage and blatant stupidity, and Shirou is constantly crossing over to the latter side.
Old 2007-12-25, 19:19
Regular

Just like luckyovermind on the first page, I also find myself amused at how many of the familiar names I have seen around the place are actually female... I guess I assume too much these days.
Old 2008-01-01, 00:32
Regular

Send a message via MSN to feeling_the_heart Send a message via Yahoo to feeling_the_heart

man or woman. boys or girls. are free to be an otaku.
as long as they aren't nuinsence.
that's all.
i have sister that like to play galge or eroge.
Old 2008-01-05, 03:17
Visitor

Quote:
...oh, if ONLY you could play as Rin or Sakura. ;____; I can't STAND Shirou. And then there's the fact that I wanted to play as Rin and end up with Archer... oh dreams, you will never come true. D:>
I HATE SHIROU.

Along with pretty much everyone in mirror moon >_>

He's just such a jackass. Sexist, stupid, uncool and useless. Only thing he's got going for him is his whole 'saving everyone' thing, which can also be viewed as a flaw.

I was actually very intrigued by the prologue. A girl's perspective is something new, and it's probably a good thing for guys to have a peek at the female psyche.
Old 2008-01-05, 04:54
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by chendo View Post
I was actually very intrigued by the prologue. A girl's perspective is something new, and it's probably a good thing for guys to have a peek at the female psyche.
Agreed. Moar games with female protagonists plz. =p
Old 2009-10-07, 00:46
Visitor

Quote:
...this is just a random thread to satisfy my curiosity, but... am I the only girl on this forum? : D;; many of you seem to assume I'm male simply because not nearly as many girls are into eroge, but no, I am female. The entire time I've been here, I haven't come across a single person who I could assume was also a girl, so please, tell me: AM I ALONE? D:>
Hey..
how can you identify whether the person is male or female by seeing the thread?
I think it is tough to decide.
Old 2009-10-07, 07:37
Local

Actually I'm a girl too. Even though I have a penis.

Last edited by LoSs; 2009-10-07 at 07:41.
Old 2009-10-07, 11:33

For me i often get quite engrossed into the character. One of the qualities i like in VN over other mediums is that its almost hypnotic, slightly like being in a play since it is so strongly first person perspective, even if you don't write the lines and you have a significantly different personality, you still relate to the character when you can and try to when you can't, and the writers generally do a good job of making that process easier. Though visual novels have a nack for hitting larger parts of my personality that anything else ever has.

Edit: why are people hating on main character's, They often get into the most depth especially in areas like motivations, and subtleties, and flaws that make them what they are compared to the female cast(more time with them through different scenarios helps alot), not to mention character growth. Character's like Shiki or One's kouhei often require observation and interpretation to understand them and they way they are depicted at more than a basic level. I mean the female cast often stand out more but thats usually because of gimmicky hooks or having boobs more than depth(they can have both obviously and usually do, its just interesting or intriguing at first glance is only one part of a character, albeit one that plays an important role).

Pretty far off topic at this point but some characters are handled more subtly than others and may appear boring or basic or gimmicky at first glance but in something of quality, I will usually by the end I have a completely different views of them more than just character growth or whatever. Its one of the things I think Type-Moon does really well with, since they mix the overt and covert stuff well, making the characters interesting up front, throughout the game, and afterward when thinking about it.

BTW male

Last edited by EmptyShiki; 2009-10-07 at 13:40.
Old 2009-10-07, 21:19
Obsessive

Note: This thread is almost two years old.
Old 2009-10-08, 13:38
Rasqual Twilight

In advance, happy birthday to you, thread.
Old 2009-10-11, 17:11
rodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
Note: This thread is almost two years old.
Things like this can change over two years, so it's good to keep updated.
Old 2009-10-12, 22:07
Unregistered

Quote:
A little of both, but mostly 3rd person. I'm also gay, so I don't mind looking at it from a 1st person view, though it's obviously not a complete view as uh... I don't have the equipment. XD;;
I cannot believe this thread is over 2 years ago. Oh well, here is goes pointless writing.

A women knows what its like to be a man?! I highly doubt that :) Would a homosexual man know what it is like for a heterosexual women? Of course not.

But Agilis seems to be more correct in his post. But also, to relate towards The protagonist on a 1st perspective level seems to be quite impossible by simple gender or sex alone. They're of course, many developments and scenario's in how the protagonist acts - where men and women would perceived these actions... differently.

But what it worse now is many protagonist and heroines are just formulaic products.
Old 2009-11-01, 18:16
Unregistered

Unhappy

This thread is so old it reminds me I'm getting older.
I'm going to die.
Everybody in this thread are going to die.
Old 2009-11-03, 16:11
Visitor

Yes, we're all going to die. Horray.

But in any case, for the oriiiiginal quesiton, I'm a female.. xD. Yes, quite suprising, isn't it.

As for the whole protagonsit thingy.. I say that I need to agree with Agilis as well. Gender is just a category, everyone sees each thing differently for everyday lives. It's the those parts that we're truly able to get them.

- On a seperate note, hello. I'm new. Hope we get along. End of introduction.

Last edited by ~HyoShin~; 2009-11-03 at 16:15.
Old 2009-12-01, 22:01
Visitor

Hello! I'm both a female and new here. I don't see why women wouldn't get into eroge; it's not any different from reading a manga or watching an anime with a male protagonist in most cases. At least not if said anime or manga is an H title.