gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-10-27, 15:55
Unregistered

There will ALWAYS be people pirating the games, no doubt about it, but I believe Higurashi actually has a good number of fans outside of Japan, the thing is, they are mostly anime fans and may not be THAT interested in the games. I keep noticing that only a small portion of people who like VN-based animes are actually interested in playing the original games.

I would buy it, though.
Old 2008-10-27, 16:52
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsaffran View Post
I'm just saying that one of my acquaintances, a certain guy who happens to be in charge of bringing Higurashi outside Japan, has asked for an audit of the costs involved in translating the game - to several translation bureaus.
I seriously doubt the DS version is coming - though I must admit that with the yen being that strong, the financial problem wouldn't be as formidable as it was last month.
The biggest problem is: when is the game worth exporting? Release it in French and the market is probably too small. Release it in English and the whole world can jump on the bittorrent bandwagon.
So again, with a twist, my question: do you think the western audience is ready to actually buy doujin games? (as opposed to downloading them)
Definitely not FRENCH! English is the way to go. I mean, you will more sales even if there will be bittorent, than if game would be in french.

I did bought umineko for an example though. All depends on price, 20-30 USD for a higurashi (1-4) is okay price for most of people to buy it, not to torrent it. If you will lower the price into 20 USD-15 USD for direct download, without making dvds, that would be also good range to minimize bittorent.
Old 2008-10-29, 04:23

Default Hidden Piece #52

Half-OT but using the opportunity of an "Higurashi" thread... How do you get the hidden piece #52? I cannot find it~ T_T
Old 2008-10-29, 04:48
Local

Send a message via AIM to pbsaffran Send a message via Skype™ to pbsaffran

Be warned though that piece 52 makes you jump to a parallel time and brings you to the end of the game.

I had the order in a file, but apparently I lost it when I changed the HDD last year.

The right order is the chronological order of events. I think it starts with the meeting about the dam construction. (jimoto setsumei kai)

Note to anybody who has the solution: send it to the poster per PM, as it obviously spoils everything about the storyline.

Last edited by pbsaffran; 2008-10-29 at 04:53.
Old 2008-10-29, 06:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbsaffran View Post
Be warned though that piece 52 makes you jump to a parallel time and brings you to the end of the game.
Oh, don't worry: I completed 『ひぐらしのく頃に』, 『ひぐらしのく頃に解』 and 『ひぐらしのく頃に礼』. It's just that, while browsing the Web, I recently found out there was some kind of "hidden piece #52" that matches the TV series ending and went "WTF?". I then reinstalled 『解』, put my saves back and tried finding it... with no avail. T_T