gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-01-12, 16:24
Obsessive

Default Multi Endings

Of the visual novels I've played, they've all had a buttload of endings. I usually just beat them once and move on to new games.

What type of gamer are you? Do you play through multiple times to get every single ending? Or do you get tired of it after one playthrough?

Do you cheat by checking online flowcharts that map out how exactly to get each ending?
Old 2006-01-12, 16:37
Ex-boss

Depends on the game. If it's a really good one, like AIR, then I clear it. If it's just so-so, I probably won't bother. Sometimes I'll come back to an old unfinished game after a year or so and get another ending or two, particularly if I haven't been able to afford anything new for a while.

As for using walkthroughs... doesn't everybody? :D
Old 2006-01-12, 17:25

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I generally don't end up using walkthroughs unless I'm trying to get a specific ending. As for whether to go through all the endings... if it's a really good game, I will go through all the endings, especially for a game like Baldr Force, which relies on your going through all the paths of the game to get the "big picture." If and when I get "I/O", I'll probably end up doing the same.
Old 2006-01-12, 20:56
Addicted

I generally only play a few and then find some save data to unlock any bonus material. Given my ever-decreasing free time, there's usually something better to do than force myself to play through routes I'm not interested in =P

As for walkthroughs, I try to make do without one if I can, but if the game's choices aren't logically linked to the consequences, there's often little alternative.
Old 2006-01-13, 02:39
STaNLI

I play through making the choices I would personally, then once or twice taking more fun choices and exploring things, then walkthroughs if there are any bits I want to see and haven't already~
Old 2006-01-13, 04:13
rodan

I play through once answering honestly... then proceed to use walkthroughs for the rest of the endings.
Old 2006-01-13, 05:20
Obsessive

Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto

I play accoding my own will ^_^

For instance, I play Unreal Tournament even after I've finished it (The custom maps, no more the singleplayer mode).
I'm almost like the Boss: If the game is very good, I play it until finish it (or until I get another game); if it's so-so, I play a little. But, when it's a little... hard (Like Hitman codename 47), I play and I quit. ^_^

(and once I don't understand anything of japanese PLUS win98 without japanese support, I'm not playin' Kanon... T-T)

see ya!
... and play Warcraft 3 ^_^

(and no, I don't use "game guides"... I use cheats ^_^)
Old 2006-01-13, 09:34
kouryuu

I play once answering how i feel is right. then if the game is good enough, ill go back and see what the other girls endings are like.
Old 2006-01-13, 22:53
Obsessive

Send a message via MSN to Carl

AIR is the only visual novel that I've actually gone through and played every single scenario of. My Japanese just isn't good enough to stand too many repeat plays.
Old 2006-01-14, 01:25

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Well, you sort of HAVE to go through at least 3 of the endings for DREAM to get to the next part, still a big chunk of the game.
Old 2006-01-14, 02:27
0mgwtflolz

I usually clear all the routes unless I can't stand a particular character, and only use guides in order to find out what I did wrong (i.e.- after getting a bad ending).
Old 2006-01-14, 09:13
Obsessive

Location: Trying not to get thrown out by Reverie like that Nazi in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.
Send a message via AIM to New Send a message via MSN to New Send a message via Yahoo to New

I had a walkthrough for Snow Drop and it STILL took me forever to get a "Best" ending.

I try to totally clear it, but I get frustrated too; once I ended a game of Come See Me Tonight without saving, at the very last scene with the older sister.... I didn't go back to her scenario since. >_<
Old 2006-01-14, 13:38
AzureLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hae-sama
As for using walkthroughs... doesn't everybody? :D
攻略 ftw!

For the record, yes I do want to achieve full 100% CG endings, but such can be sometimes impossible (friggin random smex scenes...)

But in addition, I want to read _all_ of the text, including the bad choices and the meh endings.
Old 2006-01-14, 14:06
Addicted

I guess it depends on the length of the game. If I've put a lot of time into finishing one ending, I usually take a break for a few months before going through it again. For example, after a 35 hour clear time on Riviera, I'm in no mood to jump right back into it to try and get one of the other girls' endings.
Old 2006-01-18, 10:18
bbcjoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
I play through once answering honestly... then proceed to use walkthroughs for the rest of the endings.
Same here!