gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-01-29, 22:13
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
http://209.85.207.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

This got pulled real fast after posting.

EDIT: Correction, the cache got pulled as well. I'll have a screenshot up shortly.
Cache seems back up to me. And from the ANN thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest
I've checked with various retailers, both "big box" and specialty, as well as distributors. No one has received that letter.

It doesn't exist... yet.
Old 2008-01-30, 02:29
Regular

Send a message via AIM to X-Calibar

If it ends up true... *sigh*

Agh, first Geneon titles, and now some ADV titles may become difficult to get? Guess I should think ahead and plan on ordering anything I want while prices can be found quite low. I don't want to end up in the same situation the out of print R1 Fate/Stay Night dvds were...

Quote:
sweet, less dubs and no NHK fanboys in the NA, I fully support this notion.
Ah... That's a horrible reason to be happy. If buisness had been booming maybe I'd be enjoying selections like the bluray Utawarerumono collection :O
[could import it for only 499$! with no english subtitles... grahhhhh]

High-definition anime is at least one good selfish reason to want the market doing well.
[Not that I have equipment to play HD yet...]

Still, gotta think ahead!
Old 2008-01-30, 05:03
Regular

This is retarded. There must be some internal politics or contract dispute going on.

I saw 5cm/sec on Anime Network on Demand last week (to my surprise), and I thought the dub was very well done. Kanon is up to episode 6. If they could show their stuff on ANoD one month in advance before the R1 release, what are they waiting for?
Old 2008-01-30, 06:50
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

No more Hurahi.
Old 2008-01-30, 10:59

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Calibar View Post
Ah... That's a horrible reason to be happy. If buisness had been booming maybe I'd be enjoying selections like the bluray Utawarerumono collection :O
[could import it for only 499$! with no english subtitles... grahhhhh]
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000XJJMHA/
26% off, comes with Japanese and English audio as well as English subs.
So this is probably around twice what you would pay for a full Utaware R1 set.
Old 2008-01-31, 12:17
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
No more Hurahi.
It was Bandai that released Hurahi. But this situation is worrying because of ADV's rights to Air and Kanon. This also points to them no longer taking any risks, so the possibility of Clannad and Little Busters! being licensed by them is very low.
Old 2008-01-31, 13:09
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It was Bandai that released Hurahi. But this situation is worrying because of ADV's rights to Air and Kanon. This also points to them no longer taking any risks, so the possibility of Clannad and Little Busters! being licensed by them is very low.
Your point being? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Clannad over here as well, but ADV isn't the only distributor for English language anime. Though the prospect of another group picking up Clannad or similar titles might be a bit of a stretch.
Old 2008-01-31, 13:39
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It was Bandai that released Hurahi.
Yeah, I know.

I was making fun of the mispronunciation of "Haruhi" in the trailer for the Kanon dub.
Old 2008-01-31, 15:54
kouryuu

<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-30/adv-films-removes-titles-from-website-update-2">Officially</a>, ADV says they're doing fine and will continue to release all their titles, despite current "challenges".
Old 2008-01-31, 17:14
Local

Quote:
Officially, ADV says they're doing fine and will continue to release all their titles, despite current "challenges".
To clarify, ADV says that their intention is to continue with upcoming releases (hence the execs are working around the clock to deal with the mess). However, what actually happens is still up in the air.
Old 2008-01-31, 20:36
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Your point being? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Clannad over here as well, but ADV isn't the only distributor for English language anime. Though the prospect of another group picking up Clannad or similar titles might be a bit of a stretch.
Well, if ADV isn't going to take risks on these types of anime then I'm not sure who else would with the state the anime industry is in. I guess Funimation maybe? Or maybe we'll get a subbed only released the companies that, um, only do subs mostly now (I forget their name).

Quote:
Yeah, I know.

I was making fun of the mispronunciation of "Haruhi" in the trailer for the Kanon dub.
Sorry, I haven't been following anime for the last 2 months so I didn't get the joke. But I just looked it up on youtube and...wow.
Old 2008-02-01, 10:00
Obsessive

Looks like ADV has decided to go Blu-Ray: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ition-releases

Now everyone can watch upscales of old shows.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:07
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Quote:
Looks like ADV has decided to go Blu-Ray: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ition-releases

Gee, I hope they don't waste too much money on that. Only 1% of television owners own a Blu-Ray player, and I don't see any reason that will change in the next ten years.
Old 2008-02-03, 22:28
velocity7

Quote:

I thought ADV was in shit with the licensing issues/fees? They still have money to handle this thing?
Old 2008-02-03, 22:33
kouryuu

I think its probably more that a lot of ADVs recent licenses, and upcoming anime titles are slated for bluray release in japan. Also there are plenty of PS3 owners, which is another BluRay player. Who knows, maybe they plan to try and grab money with the Utaware BluRay. Anyways, I don't think the declaration means much other than they've chosen the format that is the obvious best choice between the two for them. That and they can charge more for BluRay releases than DVD.