gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-02-03, 14:27
Unregistered

Default Is KANON translation dead?

Just been to the translators web page and saw this:

"We are continuing Haeleth's work with his knowledge and temporary approval, until Key has been contacted regarding an authorized translation."

can someone explain what they mean by that?

I mean aren't other groups translating other key games such as AIR and Clannad without key's authorization?

and finally does anyone know how long this authorization request is likely to take? or will it never be given?
Old 2008-02-03, 14:30
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Just been to the translators web page and saw this:

"We are continuing Haeleth's work with his knowledge and temporary approval, until Key has been contacted regarding an authorized translation."

can someone explain what they mean by that?
Exactly what it says. NDT is continuing the work Haeleth started on Kanon, with his knowledge and consent, until Haeleth can contact Key requesting permission.

Quote:
I mean aren't other groups translating other key games such as AIR and Clannad without key's authorization?
Into other languages? Sure. Into English? Take whatever you hear with a truckload of salt.

Quote:
and finally does anyone know how long this authorization request is likely to take? or will it never be given?
Haeleth has stated an intent to request permission after the Narcissu Side 2nd translation is complete. There is no ETA on that particular project.
Old 2008-02-03, 14:39
Regular

The reason Kanon is taking so long is because SirAlex (main editor iirc) went MIA. There are also a few untranslated scripts (I can't remember, I think there were a few h scenes) and the translator who was working on them got a job out of the country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Into other languages? Sure. Into English? Take whatever you hear with a truckload of salt.
What exactly do you mean by that? AIR is currently being worked on by fireshark (http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Air) and Clannad is being worked on by velocity7 (http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...title=Clannad). Tomoyo After will be the next up for translation, then Little Busters probably.

Clannad is probably in the upper 90% of the translation phase, and AIR is far from being finished (no offense to Lily, but I doubt it'll finish translation this year :x).
Old 2008-02-03, 14:48
Unregistered

thanks Minagi for helping us out!, i really didn't know how to reply to Asceai's comment, since i'm a newbie to this scene and would of thought Asceai new all the translations that are going on atm (no offense Asceai).

either way thanks for both your replies...
Old 2008-02-03, 16:02
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minagi View Post
What exactly do you mean by that? AIR is currently being worked on by fireshark (http://www.tsukuru.info/tlwiki/index.php?title=Air) and Clannad is being worked on by velocity7 (http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...title=Clannad). Tomoyo After will be the next up for translation, then Little Busters probably.
Actually, that was me not reading. I thought the post was talking about other groups working on Kanon, but no, not the case at all. I know people are working on AIR and Clannad.

In general I am pretty clueless about what is being translated and what isn't, though =p
Old 2008-02-04, 00:39
Obsessive

We're Still Alive.

Espr is in Iraq, sirAlex is MIA, and radicalR is off hacking other things.

We'll get back to Kanon once Espr is done with Comiket 74 :P
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2008-02-06, 18:24
Local

You mean C73 hopefully?
omg time traveler
________
Magic Flight

Last edited by fireshark; 2011-03-09 at 08:36.
Old 2008-02-07, 01:52
kouryuu

no, he means C74 in August. 73 was this winter. In other words it's already over.
Old 2008-04-04, 09:47
Unregistered

So it's apparently 50% edited. Does that mean its unstalled?
Old 2008-04-04, 11:52
Regular

Quote:
So it's apparently 50% edited. Does that mean its unstalled?
It never was stalled, we're just taking our time editing.

Patience. It'll come out soon enough.
Old 2008-04-04, 12:41
Unregistered

will it work on all the game versions?
I wanna buy a copy of the game asap b4 everyone tries to get it and it'll get out of stock.
Old 2008-04-04, 12:49
Posts way too much

Just get Kanon Standard Edition. I'm sure anyone that patches it will make the game work on that, at least.