gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-20, 12:41
K

Default Clannad info?

If the Kanon translation is being delayed by Clannad, then that means Haeleth has Clannad. And if he's got Clannad, well... that means he's got Clannad info.

So, not trying to be much of a bother, but... what do you think of it, generally? What's the main character like? And the girls too, of course. Why does it take up a DVD? Are there voices?

And if you can take one, a screenshot ^_^

...If it wastes too much time, though, forget it.
Old 2004-04-20, 14:55
Asmadi

I thought it wasn't out yet...not for at least another 6 days...I could be wrong.
Old 2004-04-20, 21:04
::K::

Default (A bit lazy to sign in right now.)

Woops. 8 days. You were right though, it's not out yet.

Which means there's still hope for a patch release before Clannad comes out... is there?
Old 2004-04-20, 22:01
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
If the Kanon translation is being delayed by Clannad
I am not Haeleth so I can not answer for him. But something tells that this misunderstanding is because of one of my posts... sorry about it.

Haeleth said he will make a poll for which girl to translate first AFTER he released the 50% patch. When I made a joke about poll not coming untill he finnished the game for all girls (and get over each one), I was talking about the poll not the 50% patch. Sorry about that.

Any way, while we are talking about Clannad, what is this pre-Clannad CD that is posted under the anime section of mircx??? is it a demo??? like the one made for "Wind -a breath of heart-"????. I am getting it now, so if it is a demo we will get a the answers for Clannad worries soon enough (I am on a slow connection).

P.S. Sorry, can't post a link until I know for sure that it is not some copyrighted stuff. So if someone already know about then tell me if it is alright to post the link or not
Old 2004-04-20, 23:39
Asmadi

Yeah it was sent out to those who pre-ordered the game, so i guess it could be considered copyrighted...

It's basically a preview disc filled with a high resolution OP, Wallpapers, 2 mp3 versions of the OP and a compilation of BGMs in the game. Key sure knows how to keep their fans happy...
Old 2004-04-21, 01:59
Ex-boss

I'm still hoping to get the patch out before Clannad, yes. Also, bear in mind that it'll probably take a week for my copy to travel from Japan to England, so the 28th isn't the cut-off date. ;)

As for "pre-Clannad", it's actually a commercial fanbook (which includes the CD that's being, um, "distributed unofficially") - see here for one place that'll sell it to you. CGs, character notes, staff interviews, that sort of thing. Rather thin for ¥980, though.

Oh, and I can answer one of K's questions despite not having the game yet: it doesn't have voices, they announced that a while back. I expect there'll be a voice patch once the PS2 version comes out though. ;)
Old 2004-04-21, 06:20
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Oh, and I can answer one of K's questions despite not having the game yet: it doesn't have voices, they announced that a while back. I expect there'll be a voice patch once the PS2 version comes out though. ;)
no voice... even though it is on DVD, and the graphics is only 640x480.... oi oi... what is going on here??? is Key becoming the Micorsoft of Japan or what?? Also the last time I checked (over a year ago) people are still trying to figure out how to read the PS2 DVD on the PC. So the voice patch (if coming from the PS2) won't be easy to get (unless my info is out of date).

It seems that Key is enjoying the double sales of all of its games... oh well... I am not getting Clannad untill I finnish Kanon, then Air, and finnaly Wind (the demo was good :-) ). So the whole thing won't bother me for sometime yet :-)

P.S. Thanks for the pre-Clannad info
Old 2004-04-21, 07:13
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
no voice... even though it is on DVD, and the graphics is only 640x480.... oi oi... what is going on here???
Good question. ;)

Still, if they've managed to fill 2.5 gigabytes without voice, I dread to think how much disk space the game would require with voice. Maybe they reckon it's bad enough expecting their customers to buy DVD drives, without making them all buy new hard disks as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Also the last time I checked (over a year ago) people are still trying to figure out how to read the PS2 DVD on the PC. So the voice patch (if coming from the PS2) won't be easy to get (unless my info is out of date).
I'm pretty sure you're out of date. A quick browse of the ngemu.com forums reveals a number of people talking about things like ripping video sequences from PS2 games, and if they can rip movies they can rip voice files.
Old 2004-04-21, 07:16
Local

Default he's right

the man makes a good arguement.

The only thing I can think of that could create enough bloat as to warrent using a DVD is movies. Maybe they use voice, while the rest is just test based?

I have SO many games backlogged that there is no way I can ever catch up. I'm talking about PS1 games that I still haven't even gotten around to. Sometimes you just have to cut your loses man.

Anything created from love is beyond good or evil.

ほら、お名前は" - 【天野】
Old 2004-04-21, 14:18
K

Movies, that sounds nice.

Well, there's still hope for the Kanon patch, and that's good. Why not put up the poll before you play Clannad, and then when you're done with Clannad the results will be ready?
Old 2004-04-21, 14:49
Ex-boss

I'll put up the poll as soon as I get round to finding and setting up a decent poll script. Suggestions are welcome if anyone has any experience in such matters. ^^

(I was going to use phpbb's poll function, but it seems only to let logged-in users vote...)
Old 2004-04-21, 15:42
K

Bravenet's is actually pretty decent... there's a lot of other scripts there, too. They're not the best, I'm sure, but it's convenient.

If you don't want to use that, poke around hotscripts.com and see if you find something you like.
Old 2004-04-22, 08:08

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Is there a problem with only letting the registered users vote? Or did you want to get more people involved than just the forum goers?
Old 2004-04-22, 11:39
Ex-boss

I doubt it would be a major problem - I shouldn't think that many people care anyway - it just seems a bit silly to have an extra restriction like that when the vast majority of internet polls are free-for-alls. Particularly when I'm not requiring people to register before they can post.

Plus I want to be able to fake the results without having to mess around in PHPMyAdmin... hang on, I shouldn't have said that, should I? :p
Old 2004-04-22, 12:41
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Plus I want to be able to fake the results without having to mess around in PHPMyAdmin... hang on, I shouldn't have said that, should I? :p
Most poll scripts don't give you any easier way to edit the poll results... PHPMyAdmin is easy enough to use anyway ^_^

Bravenet's poll lets you edit it in the poll manager though >_>

But overall, the poll should just be whether to proceed with all 5 girls simultaneously as we are now, or to work on one at a time, in the order of your (Haeleth's) preference.

Of course, it'd probably be good to state what that order is first so people don't get a nasty surprise ^_^;
Closed Thread