gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-03-26, 13:58
Plastic

Default Sakuracon 08

So who's going? I'm already preregistered :3. Sorry, if this was off topic but I'm pretty excited.
Old 2008-03-26, 14:05
Posts way too much

Not sure how it can be off-topic, considering that this is, in fact, a new topic, but okay! =p

I'm not typically interested in general anime/manga/japan conventions, because it's only really the visual novel side of things that I care about. If there were visual novel conventions, I might attend those, but otherwise, nah...
Old 2008-03-26, 17:36
dorkatlarge

Asceai professed an interest in a VN-centered convention. If one were to happen among English-speaking fans between now and 2009, I think it would be kind of like the anime cons of yesteryear. By that, I mean way before there were thousands of Narutards and yaoi/pocky fans. :) I also mean a small convention, attended only by a few extremely dedicated fans. So that would be good and bad at the same time.
Old 2008-03-26, 18:15
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic View Post
So who's going? I'm already preregistered :3. Sorry, if this was off topic but I'm pretty excited.
You again? >.>

encubed will be covering the con, I'll be there. I'm also doing a panel as usual. 9PM on Saturday, workshop 2 (205). Anybody who can speak Japanese, also please come to the Japanese language offline meet at 12:30 on Friday, workshop 2 (205). It's slowly turning into a niconicoOFF...
Old 2008-03-26, 18:41
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

what, no drinks?
Old 2008-03-26, 19:24
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkatlarge View Post
Asceai professed an interest in a VN-centered convention. If one were to happen among English-speaking fans between now and 2009, I think it would be kind of like the anime cons of yesteryear. By that, I mean way before there were thousands of Narutards and yaoi/pocky fans. :) I also mean a small convention, attended only by a few extremely dedicated fans. So that would be good and bad at the same time.
A VN convention, now that would be good times! I don't think I'd ever go to an anime/manga convention, can't handle such huge crowds and noise and... such.
Old 2008-03-26, 21:32
Posts way too much

Well, it would also be more generally appealing to people like me that honestly don't care very much for anime* =P

*I watch anime, but usually only stuff based on visual novels that I played. Same as people who might watch the occasional movie, especially adaptations of books they've read, but wouldn't consider themselves an avid moviegoer.

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-03-26 at 21:38.
Old 2008-03-26, 23:41
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Anath

I'm going to be going as well. I'm definitely looking forward to it!