gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 2008-08-22, 09:25
Ojamajo_LimePie's Avatar
Ojamajo_LimePie Ojamajo_LimePie is offline
Local
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 103
Default

Then there's still hope for me to get a job as a proofreader. *crosses fingers*
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 2008-08-24, 12:53
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Well, Message (from mirrormoon) was kind enough to make sure we knew he wasn't applying for one of the jobs just because he could "easily have applied for the job, being both experienced and Dutch" according to his comment on the encubed story.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 2008-08-24, 18:52
Enerccio's Avatar
Enerccio Enerccio is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 302
Default

elitism much, message? what a retard....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 2008-08-25, 17:59
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Message's comment (and the comments replying to it) appear to have been removed.

Honestly, I approve. Novelnews isn't the place for that.
__________________
www.erogenews.com
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 2008-08-25, 21:53
nhat's Avatar
nhat nhat is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerccio View Post
elitism much, message? what a retard....
If I was truly trying to help the industry outside of Japan and could benefit from it too, I'll definitely would apply for that job....
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 2008-08-26, 11:41
Message's Avatar
Message Message is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 323
Default

Just to clarify, much in contrast to how Enerccio and some others interpreted it, I didn't post that comment as an elitist remark at all. I merely wanted to state my opinion that MangaGamer is too much focused on porn. I probably should have been a bit clearer, I can understand how my statement would have sounded... kind of stupid.

And I guess I forgot this was the internet. It would appear that when 4chan speaks its mind, it's funny, but when serious people speak their mind, it's considered retarded. So to avoid further flames I just deleted the post, because I'll agree that it didn't really add much.

Anyway, I've never made it a secret that I don't particularly like the pornographic content in most VNs, and I feel MangaGamer could loosen up on the amount of 50%-eroscene titles...
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 2008-08-26, 12:07
MaccaSvenne MaccaSvenne is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
Just to clarify, much in contrast to how Enerccio and some others interpreted it, I didn't post that comment as an elitist remark at all. I merely wanted to state my opinion that MangaGamer is too much focused on porn. I probably should have been a bit clearer, I can understand how my statement would have sounded... kind of stupid.

And I guess I forgot this was the internet. It would appear that when 4chan speaks its mind, it's funny, but when serious people speak their mind, it's considered retarded. So to avoid further flames I just deleted the post, because I'll agree that it didn't really add much.

Anyway, I've never made it a secret that I don't particularly like the pornographic content in most VNs, and I feel MangaGamer could loosen up on the amount of 50%-eroscene titles...
Couldn't agree more about how they seem to focus a bit too much on titles with so much ero, but judging from the other western companies on the market, these kind of titles seem to generate the most sales...

Well, at least their title translations makes it very clear which games to stay away from if you don't like the ero-heavy ones...
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 2008-08-26, 13:36
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I'm with Message here. Originally, I considered applying for a MangaGamer position, but changed my mind when I realized that most people would probably be assigned to a "Suck My Dick or Die!" or "Tasty Shafts" (which I'd refuse to support or work on as a personal preference).

Overall, I think their choice of releases is inevitable though. NEXTON primarily focuses on low budget porn, while the marquis OVERDRIVE and CIRCUS products are already planned.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 2008-08-26, 13:42
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm with Message here. Originally, I considered applying for a MangaGamer position, but changed my mind when I realized that most people would probably be assigned to a "Suck My Dick or Die!" or "Tasty Shafts" (which I'd refuse to support or work on as a personal preference).

Overall, I think their choice of releases is inevitable though. NEXTON primarily focuses on low budget porn, while the marquis OVERDRIVE and CIRCUS products are already planned.
And yet, Message could have worded his comment as you did. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 2008-08-26, 16:06
jyuichi's Avatar
jyuichi jyuichi is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 294
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And yet, Message could have worded his comment as you did. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
He just apologized so can we cut him some slack? He's human XP
__________________
Twitter: @jyuichi
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 2008-08-26, 21:24
zalas zalas is offline
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: fushigi misuterii
Posts: 1,831
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Overall, I think their choice of releases is inevitable though. NEXTON primarily focuses on low budget porn, while the marquis OVERDRIVE and CIRCUS products are already planned.
It's a pity that the title ONE, published by NEXTON, would be hard to get, since NEXTON would have to also contact Key for permission.
__________________
~Yoda is waiting in the air~ | HAVEN
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 2008-08-26, 22:58
Message's Avatar
Message Message is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 323
Default

Hmmm... Maybe MG is keeping Suika for the end of the year because they want to spend more time on it? That could mean they'd be putting most proofers and testers on the quality titles. I'd think that would make sense actually, as those games have the ability to make or break how people look at their work. If DC and Suika are good, the company will be good. If they suck, the company may possibly never get rid of their low-quality image again...


Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
It's a pity that the title ONE, published by NEXTON, would be hard to get, since NEXTON would have to also contact Key for permission.
On the other hand, if they somehow manage to get that done, it would be a golden step-up to the real stuff. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
And yet, Message could have worded his comment as you did. It's not what you say, it's how you say it.
Agreed. My apologies for the confusion.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 2008-08-26, 23:41
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
Hmmm... Maybe MG is keeping Suika for the end of the year because they want to spend more time on it? That could mean they'd be putting most proofers and testers on the quality titles. I'd think that would make sense actually, as those games have the ability to make or break how people look at their work. If DC and Suika are good, the company will be good. If they suck, the company may possibly never get rid of their low-quality image again...

If you want to see a Suika proofreader, check out this thread, look for Reikon's Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:13 pm post, then read from there
http://www.otakuism.com/bbs/viewtopi...&sd=a&start=25
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 2008-08-27, 02:25
stranger_offline
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Unhappy title being translated

warning stupid post ahead

DC and Suika might have been left to a later date because they have a lot of text in them unlike the earlier titles. Quality should apply to all titles and not the big names. Although there is a chance that Circus is waiting to see how the company will fair before they release their titles, playing it safe, if the company can't prove itself then Circus can withdraw without having any of its titles released.

Any way, I still wander as to why they didn't attempt to hire an ex-Hirameki staff, or even employ the company itself. Hirameki might (ok will) have an issue with some of their titles, but DC, Suika and even DC II should be "ok" by them... i think!

That aside, I remember reading somewhere that adult films (not pr0n) are cheaper to make then action films, but produce the same amount money in DVD sales and rentals! Adding the fact that almost all H anime released in the US of A revolve around abuse (no mater how you look at it, it is abuse), this might have helped them while selecting the titles they are going to release. I really do wander, among the 3 titles (now 2), which title sold the most? If it turns out to be "My sex slave is a classmate", then I guess they did select and sort the list correctly!

we have to keep in mind that no all of the fans that like and play (read) VNs hang around here. We might in actual fact find ourselves to be a very small minority with the majority looking for tasteless anime pr0n with as little to read as possible.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 2008-08-27, 06:59
DaFool DaFool is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger_offline View Post
warning stupid post ahead
No actually it's enlightening; everyone needs to recognize the whole scale of things in a new perspective.

Quote:
That aside, I remember reading somewhere that adult films (not pr0n) are cheaper to make then action films, but produce the same amount money in DVD sales and rentals! Adding the fact that almost all H anime released in the US of A revolve around abuse (no mater how you look at it, it is abuse), this might have helped them while selecting the titles they are going to release. I really do wander, among the 3 titles (now 2), which title sold the most? If it turns out to be "My sex slave is a classmate", then I guess they did select and sort the list correctly!
I read somewhere that the porn DVD industry in America was several magnitudes greater than the entire R1 anime industry.

Also, low-budget exploitative "B-movie" campy cheese has always survived using the same principle. That's why if and when the R1 anime industry implodes, you bet that the hentai divisions will still be around -- and a good portion of their sales won't be to dedicated anime fans.

Quote:
we have to keep in mind that no all of the fans that like and play (read) VNs hang around here. We might in actual fact find ourselves to be a very small minority with the majority looking for tasteless anime pr0n with as little to read as possible.
The biggest driving force behind the DVD markets are perverted men. Not women -- they watch shows, but sure don't collect as many videos, resulting in a limited shoujo and josei selection. And -- (surprise, surprise) -- neither are elite anime aficionados. I can assure you I actually BOUGHT more DVDs before I became a full-fledged otaku than I do currently... you know, stuff like Amazing Nurse Nanako and related crap like that. Now I'm so finicky and fickle in what I watch I don't even support shows which would have floored me many years ago.

So the same thing is happening here with the "R1" (well, actually, English market including Europe) VN industry. It may be the wisest decision of them to go for the hardcore porn game / casual anime market.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mangagamer AX'09 GatoNegro General Discussion 10 2009-07-08 09:12
Mangagamer: Kirakira Plastic General Discussion 13 2009-06-30 05:22
Moved - MangaGamer and Circus Savta-tan General Discussion 2 2008-07-29 08:59
Dragon Academy licensed dorkatlarge General Discussion 3 2008-07-27 13:31
The World has been Secured by ADV. Kanon 06 Licensed. Unregistered General Discussion 67 2007-12-26 09:43


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 18:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.