gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-11-19, 13:09
Tewanu

Default Translating Kanon

I am a fluent writer of japanese, and my five years of living in japan gave me a very firm grip on the culture and languages. Recently I heard of the series Kanon, and I found that I really enjoyed the series. Seeing as how the game translation patch was not completed, I thought it to be beneficial for me to offer my services as a translator.

I will be registering a account soon, thank you for reading my post. ^_^
Old 2005-11-19, 13:31
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Thank you for the gracious offer, but Kanon's actively being worked on actually. There some related projects which are currently stalled, like AIR or CLANNAD. If you want to help out then you're welcome to pick up a project or start something new.

Welcome to the forums!
Old 2005-11-19, 13:39
Visitor

Send a message via AIM to Tewanu Send a message via MSN to Tewanu Send a message via Yahoo to Tewanu

I'd be happy to help in any way I can, but I'm afraid I do not have any knowledge of the other series, Kanon is the first I've actually been interested in.

But I'd be happy to help, I have hours at night of which to do nothing...
Old 2005-11-19, 14:08
Obsessive

Hehe, excellent (´・ω・`)

AIR has an anime you can watch if you want, but basically, these are both top-notch games.

Also, there are a lot of other visual novels that don't have anime versions; you can see if they're interesting by playing a demo, in either Japanese or English.
Old 2005-11-19, 16:08
Visitor

Send a message via AIM to Tewanu Send a message via MSN to Tewanu Send a message via Yahoo to Tewanu

Hm.

Well, if any developer wishes my help, I'd like to say that I cannot code At All. So, Preferably just give me a list of the text you need translated, and I'll get too work. My contact prefs are in my profile[/b]
Old 2005-11-20, 00:14
Obsessive

As shii suggested, if you enjoyed Kanon then you're very likely to appriciate Air as well. It's the same style of story telling - and the music, voices, animation, and plot are top-tier in all respects.

My only regret is that my japanese isn't yet good enough to enjoy the game itself.
Old 2005-11-20, 10:28
Obsessive

Don't feel like you have to work "under" some developer. Pick up whatever game interests you, and worry about the coding bit later. If you want to look at Mizuiro or Giniro, those two are already hacked and just waiting for a translation.
Old 2005-11-20, 12:55
K

If you want something to clunk away on in the meantime, the TouhouWiki has unfinished scripts for Immaterial and Missing Power.

http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/...r:_Translation
Old 2005-11-20, 14:00
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
If you want something to clunk away on in the meantime, the TouhouWiki has unfinished scripts for Immaterial and Missing Power.

http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/...r:_Translation
I will start on some of the scripts now, I've got time.
Old 2005-11-20, 14:34
byndhrzn

Wait did you actually play the game, Kanon I mean, or you just enjoyed TV series? If you didn't play it guess you should first do that then, and if you end up liking it then try other Key's games (Air, Clannad, Planetarian...). That'll give you scope on how big text scripts in those games are, and on what should you be paying attention while translating visual novels.
I don't think it's smart idea to go translate something you haven't experienced in first place, but maybe that's just me.
Old 2005-11-20, 17:07
Visitor

I both watched the entire series and played the Kanon game, as well I just finished watching the AIR series, though I have not seen the game yet, I will look for it.