gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2011-02-15, 05:14
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinefremlouw View Post
errr....any news?
Unfortunately, there appears to be still some more things that need to be taken care of first. Well, perhaps Erengy can shed some light on this. He's the one working on it.

Quote:
When I replaced the Japanese game01.mrg from the original Canvas2 DVD edition with the one provided in the 1.03 patch,
the menu (where you choose start, load, config, etc.), the pop up box choice for when you load the game, and basically the option boxes (such as "would you like to exit the game?" and the answers "yes" or "no") are still in Japanese.
Yeah, it's working as intended. I did include a translation of the menu / system configuration in the documents. The reason for this is because nobody was able to hack the MRG image format (Which includes Kana's book scene).

Quote:
Also, when you create a new game, the first scene is the protagonist and Yamada trying to paint Kiri with the first text saying something like "Gah, Kiri! How many times...."
right? It kinda seems too abrupt for me and I thought I might have screwed up somewhere. LOL.
Yes, that's the prologue.

Quote:
Also, Even though my applocale is set to "Japanese (Japan)", i still can't see the emotes and they appear on the text.
for example, the frustration/irritated emote first appears on the text after Kiri says 'I'm perfectly ladylike"
It's not a matter of Applocale in this case. You have to set your system to Japanese unicode.
Old 2011-02-15, 16:11
tastyramen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
Unfortunately, there appears to be still some more things that need to be taken care of first. Well, perhaps Erengy can shed some light on this. He's the one working on it.

Yeah, it's working as intended. I did include a translation of the menu / system configuration in the documents. The reason for this is because nobody was able to hack the MRG image format (Which includes Kana's book scene).

Yes, that's the prologue.

It's not a matter of Applocale in this case. You have to set your system to Japanese unicode.

All right! Thanks so much~
I'll post again if I have any questions, concerns, or contribute anything that may help you and your group/staff out.
Old 2011-04-15, 20:09
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi.

It's been 2 months now. Any news on how it's going?
Old 2011-04-16, 07:12
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi.

It's been 2 months now. Any news on how it's going?
I think Erengy is running some tests on it now. We ran into some problems with the staff room script format since it was different than the regular script, and the font sized for the staff room needs to be changed too. I can't say much else other than that it's being worked on still.
Old 2011-04-17, 01:55
Unregistered

Quote:
I think Erengy is running some tests on it now. We ran into some problems with the staff room script format since it was different than the regular script, and the font sized for the staff room needs to be changed too. I can't say much else other than that it's being worked on still.
Ok, thanks for replying.

Nice to know it's still being worked on :)
Old 2011-04-22, 02:55
Unregistered

Quote:
I think Asceai mentioned something about this and made it so it always uses the default voice files instead of the switch over voice files, but not sure on that one. Why would you want it to do this anyway?
Possible link to post? I've been searching, but it's pretty hard to sift through all of his posts.
Old 2011-04-22, 04:10
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Possible link to post? I've been searching, but it's pretty hard to sift through all of his posts.
It was actually through a PM, but I don't mind quoting him here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai
The stuff replaces generally pretty well - I'm holding off greenlighting you until I've worked out what to do with the names.

Because you can change the protagonist's name in Canvas 2, this leads to all sorts of script complications. Simply disabling this functionality doesn't seem possible, nor does it appear possible to merge the text blocks that are around an instance of the protagonist's name in the text.

I managed to hack together a solution that will allow 'Kamikura Hiroki' to be the protagonist's name, both by default on installation and after blanking the name field (as it is not possible to enter in Roman characters into the input, you can probably assume that people will not be able to change it). However this triggers something in the engine that makes Canvas 2 think you've changed the protagonist's name, and this results in a switch over to alternative voice files that avoid mentioning the protagonist's name.

I have not found a way to stop this from happening.
Old 2011-04-22, 08:38
Regular

However this triggers something in the engine that makes Canvas 2 think you've changed the protagonist's name, and this results in a switch over to alternative voice files that avoid mentioning the protagonist's name.

I think I have a solution for that, but it'll be time-intensive.

I propose going through all the voice files, finding out which ones are the ones that play if the engine detects a name change, find the original files that have the name, and then replace the "name-changed" files with the original ones.
Old 2011-04-23, 04:55
Unregistered

Step1: Install Japanese version of Canvas 2 DVD.
Step2: Start New Game without changing the protagonist's name and immediately save your game.
Step3: Install English patch.
Step4: Load your saved game.
Step5: Enjoy hearing "Kamikura Hiroki" throughout the game.

Note: I have not tested this method extensively so please forgive me if it doesn't work for you. It works fine on my system though.

Note 2: Congratulations and thanks to Edger and everyone else who made this English patch possible. The VN community needs more people like you. Looking forward to the improved version of the patch.
Old 2011-04-23, 22:13
Unregistered

Could anyone be of help and throw me a translated credits list for the voice actors?

Absolutely love the VA for Tomoko, and would like to know her name.

Thanks in advance!
Old 2011-04-24, 01:21
Unregistered

Here you go.
Hagino Kana: Oonami Konami
Takeuchi Mami: Kawashima Rino
Misaki Sumire: Kimura Misa
Kikyou Kiri: Sawa Yuri
Housen Elise: Nakaya Naho
Saginomiya Saya: Natsuno Himawari
Fujinami Tomoko: Ninomiya Ayako (AKA Mizuhashi Kaori)
Sugihara Shie: Haruno Kaeru
Yanagi Shinichirou: Hoshino Ryou

No idea how much help will this be, considering most of these seiyuu work exclusively for eroge...
Old 2011-04-29, 11:53
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
I think I have a solution for that, but it'll be time-intensive.

I propose going through all the voice files, finding out which ones are the ones that play if the engine detects a name change, find the original files that have the name, and then replace the "name-changed" files with the original ones.
I'm currently working on testing this theory. If the tests prove successful, I will update here and share the steps I took, and then continue to work on implementing the "fix" to Kiri's voice files.

If this works, I could also see about fixing the rest of the characters' voice files, and then provide a fixed voice.mrg if you like, Edger. Keep in mind that I'm currently only testing, but it looks to be fairly promising.

As far as how much time it would take... Yes, indeed it will be a bit time-intensive, however after a bit of peering at the voice files I discovered the naming convention used for them, and am able to locate the "Hiroki" voice files fairly quickly. I expect it to only take about a day's worth of work to fix 1 character's voice files, if that.

EDIT: The current issue I'm encountering is extracting the voice files, changing them, then repackaging them into a .mrg and getting the game to recognize and load it.

Last edited by Chaosrains; 2011-04-29 at 12:11.
Old 2011-04-29, 12:10
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosrains View Post
I'm currently working on testing this theory. If the tests prove successful, I will update here and share the steps I took, and then continue to work on implementing the "fix" to Kiri's voice files.

If this works, I could also see about fixing the rest of the characters' voice files, and then provide a fixed voice.mrg if you like, Edger. Keep in mind that I'm currently only testing, but it looks to be fairly promising.
I don't think the fixes that Erengy is working on include anything voice related, so that would work. Thanks in advance if you can pull this off.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:17
Visitor

Okay, so far, tests have proven unsuccessful.

I'm able to extract the voice.mrg using AnimED, change the files, and then rearchive it, however the game appears to not recognize the replacement voice.mrg. No voices play, and no animated mouth movements are performed.

I'm not sure as to the cause of this yet - perhaps there is a CRC check against the file? Personally I doubt this, since you're able to replace the game01.mrg fine. I think maybe I'm just not archiving correctly, or perhaps when extracting it there is some type of change within the file that makes it unreadable to the game system.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I feel like I'm just not extracting/archiving properly. How'd you set up your AnimED when extracting and archiving the game01.mrg files, Edger? The game01.mrg and voice.mrg files are, of course, slightly different as game01 contains MES files while voice contains WAV files, but I don't think this makes much difference.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:42
Local

I didn't mess with any of the settings in AnimED. I think I used the create archive thing for ADVWIN32 or whatever it's called when it came time to put everything back into game01.mrg, nothing else special.