gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-10-21, 04:44
Azathoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
That's up to you. You've been very helpful though, thanks much.
Then I'll probably do it, but it may take some more time than what I've done up until now.
You're welcome, it makes me happy to be able to contribute to this already wonderful patch.
Old 2010-10-22, 14:39
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azathnoth
"You didn't have to bring that up to start with then", said by Kana after school on 10th December. There's nothing wrong with the line, but the word up is on 2 lines, so the "u" is on the end of line 1 and "p" in the beginning of line 2. By splitting up the word it looks pretty weird. Also, the next word after "up" starts on line 3.
I was looking more into this just now, and apparently it cuts off the rest of the text after a certain point. However, it appears in the backlog (With more text than it shows usually). I have no idea how to fix this, but at least the rest of the text is in the backlog. Anyway, I found the rest of the line errors. Apparently the line wrapping tool wasn't counting emotes as characters, so it was 1 character off whenever an emote appeared before the end of the lines.

------------------

Patch 1.03 (Fixes more untranslated lines, blank lines, grammar fixes, and documents are in UTF-8)
Old 2010-10-22, 19:06
erengy

Well, I decided to go a little further today and extracted all the script files (in patch 1.03) to check for additional errors. I'm just going over minor details with the help of a spell checker though, reading the entire script (again) would be overkill. Checked around 3% of it and found 44 errors so far. Unfortunately I'm going to be quite busy with my job for a week or so, after that I'll try to go on with the process as soon as possible.

Edger, do you have any preference on how I should report these? Now that I've seen the scripts, it seems to me that linking the errors with the date they appear on doesn't do much help. Is it okay if I list the errors under the name of .MES file in which they appear, or is there any easier way that works for you?
Old 2010-10-22, 21:57
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by erengy View Post
Well, I decided to go a little further today and extracted all the script files (in patch 1.03) to check for additional errors. I'm just going over minor details with the help of a spell checker though, reading the entire script (again) would be overkill. Checked around 3% of it and found 44 errors so far. Unfortunately I'm going to be quite busy with my job for a week or so, after that I'll try to go on with the process as soon as possible.

Edger, do you have any preference on how I should report these? Now that I've seen the scripts, it seems to me that linking the errors with the date they appear on doesn't do much help. Is it okay if I list the errors under the name of .MES file in which they appear, or is there any easier way that works for you?
What kind of errors are you finding? 44 seems kind of high for something that I just fixed. And yes, name of the .MES file works.
Old 2010-10-22, 22:30
erengy

Checked again whether I extracted an older patch by mistake or not, no problems there.

They're mostly minor errors such as:
Puuー You're always resort to being a jerk.

Aーah, You guys have it good.

Aren't there a ton of guys who would be happy to go along with you if you invite them?

Which parts of me are you saying needs shaping up?

I suppose its fun♪
Plus some other changes like half hearted to half-hearted.
Old 2010-10-23, 09:04
Darlat

Quote:
Originally Posted by erengy View Post
I suppose its fun♪
What is the original line?
Old 2010-10-23, 15:45
erengy

If you mean original as in Japanese, well, I don't know about that. But as far as the English translation goes, it's supposed to be "it's" instead of "its".

Hiroki: What does painting mean to you?
Elis: That's [a] difficult question out of the blue. Give me a second to think about it.
Elis: Ummmー Hmmmー
Elis: Hmmmmmmーー
Elis: Ah, it's like this.
Hiroki: So, what of it?
Elis: I suppose it[']s fun♪
Old 2010-10-25, 14:25
Regular

Game doesn't seem to work for me.

It loads, I get the company intro, then just a blank white screen..
Old 2010-10-25, 14:44
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Game doesn't seem to work for me.

It loads, I get the company intro, then just a blank white screen..
Have you tried disabling your anti-virus? That sometimes causes the game to freeze up. If you don't have one, then make sure you're using the right version (DVD).
Old 2010-10-25, 15:06
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
Have you tried disabling your anti-virus? That sometimes causes the game to freeze up. If you don't have one, then make sure you're using the right version (DVD).
Thanks, I installed the game onto my laptop to see if it'll work (and it didn't), then turned off Avast and it worked after that.

Trying to figure out how to get it to run with Avast on, as I really don't want to turn off my virus scanner.

Thanks for the help mate.

edit: Hmm...tried putting the game folder in the scan exceptions and that didn't work, but it looks like if I disable the virus shields and run the game, and then close the game and re-enable the shields it works just fine.

Last edited by Village Idiot; 2010-10-25 at 15:32.
Old 2010-10-26, 11:04
Unregistered

I feel stupid, but I can't seem to get into Elis route despite the walkthrough and just get a generic ending.
Old 2010-10-26, 13:45
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I feel stupid, but I can't seem to get into Elis route despite the walkthrough and just get a generic ending.
The walkthrough should do it. There is a generic ending, but I'm not sure how you're hitting it if you followed the walkthrough, unless you chose somebody else on the 24th during the Christmas Party. Is it just Elis or is it doing it for every other route too?
Old 2010-10-26, 14:18
Unregistered

I haven't tried with the other girls yet, too lazy. I just tried doing every choice available with Elis with the walkthrough, but I still get the generic ending.
Old 2010-10-26, 18:25
Local

I had that same problem at first. But if you just follow the walkthrough exactly then you'll get the Elis route.
Old 2010-10-27, 03:58
Local

I'm not sure how many flags you have to hit to get into a route, but I think conversing with the character each day is more important than the choices you make when you're conversing with them. Though this depends, since sometimes the choices you make during the conversation will lead to other things. As long as you end up talking to Elis the next scene after you make a choice, you know you're headed in the right direction.