gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 2010-09-02, 23:33
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
My question is why NNL would publish a notification intended towards consumers of their translations in Japanese, given that probably around 100% of said consumers would not know Japanese.

I'd almost like to open up Gipface's head and have a look inside. I'm sure we'd make some great contributions to neuroscience that way.
It's for minori to read - and perhaps in part a nod to how nbkz posted both Japanese and English text on the minori site.

Anyway, the idea is to make their intentions clear to everyone, including the copyright holder. The Japanese text (a gesture of sincerity; on personal BBSes, some Japanese only take what you say seriously if it's written in Japanese. Even broken Japanese can be good enough) isn't meant for English-speaking users of their past translations.
  #332  
Old 2010-09-02, 23:57
dsp2003
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyway, the only thing left is to say "goodbye" to NNL and "rest in pieces" to GipFace. :) Or vice-versa, I dunno...
  #333  
Old 2010-09-03, 01:57
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru delayed; stamped with a winter 2010 release date.
Honestly, I wouldn't get too excited about Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.

The reason there it's kinetic, one route, no choices, no voices etc. is because it's pretty much a "port" of a novel Nasu wrote in the 90s.

To be honest, I doubt he was ever even intending to make this game. I think he was just told by his bosses the something-thousand Tsukihime/Fate spin-offs just weren't making money any more. They wanted a new IP, probably hoping for the next Tsukihime or Fate that they could base a whole new line of merchandise and spin-offs on.

If you have read any of Nasu's other early work, it's not quite up to what people are expecting from the next big game from Type Moon.
  #334  
Old 2010-09-03, 05:22
NTX's Avatar
NTX NTX is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 250
Default

Let's believe Nasu wouldn't release something that he knows won't be up to snuff given his track record. He has kind of a streak going on that I'm sure he wants to maintain.

And the "no voices" part has been so for the original f/sn pc and tsukihime.

Last edited by NTX; 2010-09-03 at 05:28.
  #335  
Old 2010-09-03, 06:16
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Tsukihime was a doujin title, and voiced story-centric doujin eroges were extremely rare back then; possibly even nonexistent. Fate/stay Night was released in 2004, a year when it was still sort of acceptable to not voice story-centric games of extreme length without your company name being 'AliceSoft'; Clannad wasn't voiced either.

2010, things are a little different. TYPE-MOON has plenty of money now, something they wouldn't have had so much of originally; moreover, practically nothing today is released without voicing. Nasu gave some halfassed justification for not including voices; if you want absolute proof that he's completely full of shit, you need only wait for a console port of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru to be released. _It will be voiced_.

That said, I don't think the scenario in question will be problematic at all. The art certainly isn't, so the production values in general should be mostly what we expect. I am still not going to preorder Mahou Tsukai no Yoru though - and yes, voices are a factor in that decision, simply because I see no reason why they should not be included and every reason why they should be included. I'm happy to read unvoiced titles in general, but I don't want to support this one because I believe it is a bad move.
__________________
www.erogenews.com

Last edited by Asceai; 2010-09-03 at 06:19.
  #336  
Old 2010-09-03, 06:38
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
2010, things are a little different. TYPE-MOON has plenty of money now, something they wouldn't have had so much of originally; moreover, practically nothing today is released without voicing. Nasu gave some halfassed justification for not including voices; if you want absolute proof that he's completely full of shit, you need only wait for a console port of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru to be released. _It will be voiced_.
I think they just want us to buy the game twice, once now and once again if we want voices.
  #337  
Old 2010-09-03, 06:56
NTX's Avatar
NTX NTX is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 250
Default

I don't think it was "sort of acceptable" back in 2004 either, but the fact that it still sold like hotcakes pretty much tells them they can do whatever they want and the fans'll still come with their tales wagging. The above poster's hypothesis is very likely D:
  #338  
Old 2010-09-03, 07:13
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Well, if we're talking full-priced commercial unvoiced games of note, let's look at 2004:

Fate/stay Night
CLANNAD
Phantom INTEGRATION
Rance VI (although AliceSoft can pretty much always get away with this)
Quartett!
Silhouette
Mystereet

not to mention heaps of far less notable titles

Let's look at 2010:

.. you know, I can't even think of one. Mahou Tsukai no Yoru would be IT. Unvoiced games are simply not made any more- AbelSoftware might fancy themselves brave enough to try it, but it wouldn't work out well for them (and I think MQ was probably the last of THAT era)
__________________
www.erogenews.com
  #339  
Old 2010-09-03, 07:30
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Well, if we're talking full-priced commercial unvoiced games of note, let's look at 2004:

Fate/stay Night
CLANNAD
Phantom INTEGRATION
Rance VI (although AliceSoft can pretty much always get away with this)
Quartett!
Silhouette
Mystereet

not to mention heaps of far less notable titles

Let's look at 2010:

.. you know, I can't even think of one. Mahou Tsukai no Yoru would be IT. Unvoiced games are simply not made any more- AbelSoftware might fancy themselves brave enough to try it, but it wouldn't work out well for them (and I think MQ was probably the last of THAT era)
Bear in mind as well MTnY is a has no ero content, and non-ero voice actresses are usually cheaper.
  #340  
Old 2010-09-03, 08:02
NTX's Avatar
NTX NTX is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 250
Default

Guess they're the exception.

I read books and shit so I guess it doesn't bother me as much.
  #341  
Old 2010-09-03, 08:02
zalas zalas is offline
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: fushigi misuterii
Posts: 1,831
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bear in mind as well MTnY is a has no ero content, and non-ero voice actresses are usually cheaper.
Although, I think top of the line non-ero actresses cost a lot more than top of the line ero actresses.
__________________
~Yoda is waiting in the air~ | HAVEN
  #342  
Old 2010-09-03, 08:37
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Although, I think top of the line non-ero actresses cost a lot more than top of the line ero actresses.
Sure. I meant for actresses of the same level. Actresses charge a certain amount per line, but that amount goes waaaaay up for lines in ero scenes on top of an extra fee they ask for if they don't normally do ero.
  #343  
Old 2010-09-03, 10:06
arkady18 arkady18 is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 52
Default

As far as I know, the reason why Nasu doesn't want voices is this:
Quote:
>――PC版『Fate』に引き続き、『魔法使いの夜』でも声優を起用していないとのことですが、
>その狙いをお教えいただけますか。

>奈須 声はやっぱ強いんですよ。ボイスのアリナシで作品の魅力が変わりますから。
>でも逆に、プレーヤーにとって理想の声ってあるじゃないですか。それは自分の脳内に
>しかない。『月姫』や『Fate』のキャラクターがここまで愛してもらえたのは、最終的に
>みんなが自分の理想の声をキャラクターに当てていたからだと思うんです。製作者が
>ユーザーさんに“この子に恋をしてほしい”と思うんだったら、声は入れるべきではない。
>制作側のイメージを押し付けるべきではないだろうと。このご時勢、ボイスなしなんて
>僕たちも怖いんですよ。怖いけど、でも最終的なことを考えるなら、こちらで声を
>イメージさせないほうがいい。人間の想像力には敵わないから。
and in particular the last line "People's power of imagination is unparalleled".
I don't know if he realy thinks like that or he wants us buying his game twice (like someone has suggested). If we wanna trust him, we could say he even didn't want to add voices in F/sn, but... well, once you have OKed an anime port of your novel, people want to re-read it with the voices you can hear in the anime.
If we don't want to trust him, we could say he's just a sneaky persons who, after becoming important and rich for F/sn (and all the crappy things related to it), has become lazy enough to think it's better not writing a new F/sn and just living with what he has already done. If I'm not wrong, MTnY is something he has already written before Tsukihime, but that has never been published.


Personally, I think he is the best writer ever. I could be wrong, but no one can convince me of the contrary. I couldn't care less about the absence of voices and all. The only thing that upset me is the fact that, even though his first VN after F/sn (2004) will be (hopefully) released six years after, it is something already written, very short, with no choices, no routes and no different endings. (I don't count F/ha -that I've not read yet- since, from what I understood, it's not even comparable with F/sn and, anyways, it was released in 2005, if I'm correct)
I'm waiting for it, but I don't like his aptitude of the last years.
  #344  
Old 2010-09-03, 10:12
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Did minori officially buy NNL? The title of the NNL site now states that they're a division of minori Inc., although this might just be exaggeration.
  #345  
Old 2010-09-03, 10:30
Moogy's Avatar
Moogy Moogy is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: #tlwiki@irc.rizon.net
Posts: 430
Send a message via AIM to Moogy
Default

Mahoyo not having voices is the main reason I'm interested in it.

And the BGM playing on the OHP. Man that song is catchy
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News 3: It Isn't Over Yet! zalas General Discussion 1500 2010-04-26 19:28
General News: Continuing Coverage Unregistered General Discussion 300 2007-07-19 06:20
General News AstCd2 General Discussion 605 2007-02-01 07:59
Nekonekosoft (General News & Discussion) AstCd2 General Discussion 51 2006-04-15 18:07
Old News? New News? Drunken News? Talbain General Discussion 5 2006-04-05 15:25


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 15:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.