gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2012-04-26, 02:20
Obsessive

https://twitter.com/#!/exedore_us/st...27717112156160
Quote:
Annoyed that you can't get certain classic English-translated visual novels? @MangaGamer is bringing one back! Find out which one on Friday!
Classic Visual Novels?
I've got 2 thoughts to what this could be referring too.

1. It's referring to a title that is near impossible (if not impossible) to get anymore. I believe some of JASTs older titles fit the bill (if licenses have expired). It could also be something that got a semi-release like Princess Maker 2 or Knights of Xentar too? Noticeably it doesn't mention English licensed either so it could be something old that has been fan-translated ( YU-NO for example )

2. Its a remake of a classic title that had an English release. This is what I personally think it is since JAST refused to do remakes and seems to not be licensing anything from their older partners anymore (eg CROWD).

Also i had it pointed out to me that the troll group 'Project-Dawn' is apparently back:
http://project-dawn.webs.com/
According to the website they're "translating" 'They Are My Noble Masters'.

Last edited by swiftnissity; 2012-04-26 at 02:29.
Old 2012-04-26, 10:40
Strum

Project Dawn has a habit of pulling a disappearing act, only to resurface on a later date. This would be his third time now, 1st being when the Galaxy Angel fangame died, 2nd when he was unable to produce proof that any work had been done on Shuffle Essence, and finally as we all know he vanished shortly after making a demo using MangaGamer's script.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what he does now. Being banned from VNDB will mean he won't ever be able to add any entries there. Yorhel has warned that he will delete anything related to Project Dawn on sight regardless of who adds it. So getting a friend to add entries for him won't do any good, it will just be deleted.

In other news, Cherry Tree High comes out tomorrow.

Last edited by Strum; 2012-04-26 at 12:14.
Old 2012-04-27, 13:51
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strum
Project Dawn has a habit of pulling a disappearing act
Aw man. Anyone remember Dawn, the MMO?
Old 2012-05-01, 05:33
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Aw man. Anyone remember Dawn, the MMO?
... dimly, yes. i feel old now.
Old 2012-05-02, 14:46
dorkatlarge

English patch 1.0 for the Nintendo DS version of Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo (also known as Girlish Love Revolution, or Ugly Duckling's Love Revolution) has been released: http://gbatemp.net/topic/318294-girl...ation-project/ The patch will only work with the Korean version. This project began in January 2012, not long after Jjjewel and her team wrapped up work on LovePlus.
Old 2012-05-03, 02:53
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkatlarge View Post
English patch 1.0 for the Nintendo DS version of Otometeki Koi Kakumei Love Revo (also known as Girlish Love Revolution, or Ugly Duckling's Love Revolution) has been released: http://gbatemp.net/topic/318294-girl...ation-project/ The patch will only work with the Korean version. This project began in January 2012, not long after Jjjewel and her team wrapped up work on LovePlus.
I wonder if theirs any chance to port this to the PC version, from what I've read the PC/DS/PS2/PSP versions all have the same script.
Old 2012-05-03, 11:09
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnissity View Post
I wonder if theirs any chance to port this to the PC version, from what I've read the PC/DS/PS2/PSP versions all have the same script.
A while back, a friend asked me to look into script re-insertion into the PC version, but between Period and RL I haven't had much chance. It's surprisingly well-protected for a game - multiple layers of protection, some of it quite interesting.
Old 2012-05-05, 18:04
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strum View Post
Project Dawn has a habit of pulling a disappearing act, only to resurface on a later date. This would be his third time now, 1st being when the Galaxy Angel fangame died, 2nd when he was unable to produce proof that any work had been done on Shuffle Essence, and finally as we all know he vanished shortly after making a demo using MangaGamer's script.

Anyway, it doesn't matter what he does now. Being banned from VNDB will mean he won't ever be able to add any entries there. Yorhel has warned that he will delete anything related to Project Dawn on sight regardless of who adds it. So getting a friend to add entries for him won't do any good, it will just be deleted.

In other news, Cherry Tree High comes out tomorrow.
Looks like they moved websites again according to 4chan.
They're here now: http://dailystarstudios.weebly.com/
Even got a vndb page and all.
Old 2012-05-06, 00:51
Strum

Lol they want to be listed on VNDB that badly that they'd rename themselves to do it. We'll see how long they last there xd. Thanks for informing me, I mean the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrexMaster
I have checked over the site doing the translation work on this novel and I've seen that their Wiki is down and there hasn't been a post on their site for over 8 months... They also show no sign of actually doing any work...

So I'd presume this project is dead and the release of a "translation" should be taken down... It got my hopes up... and now I be sad... =(
Source http://vndb.org/t2368#1

[QUOTE=PyrexMaster]
The Opening of Daily Star Studios!
For a while now I've been wanting to translate Visual Novels. Making this site now is letting me do that! I am very happy to be doing this and I hope you enjoy the novels we translate.
Current Staff!
PyrexMaster - Main Translator
[\QUOTE]

Source http://dailystarstudios.weebly.com/

Does anyone else here spot the contradiction?

Last edited by Strum; 2012-05-07 at 04:13.
Old 2012-05-10, 04:13
Obsessive

From the 4chan archive (since the original was deleted):
http://archive.foolz.us/jp/thread/8963860

Quote:
[21:31] <Moogy> the new game i'm working on for JAST isn't nitro+ but it wouldn't have come about without the general expansion of the market recently anyway
[21:33] <Then00bAvenger> so that means it's not good enough that anyone would actually want to translate it for free
[21:33] <Moogy> iirc
[21:33] <Moogy> TNA, more like it's on some weird engine
[21:33] <Moogy> and nobody has ever looked at it
[21:33] <Moogy> makoto and i both liked the game itself a lot
Ok, here's the list of stuff Makoto has on VNDB with a rating over 7, minus Nitro+ stuff (eg. Muramasa) and minus already translated stuff (eg. MLA).
2012-01-11 9.5 Dies irae
2012-01-11 8.7 Kajiri Kamui Kagura
2012-01-11 8.5 Trample on "Schatten!!" ~Kagefumi no Uta~
2012-01-11 8.4 Kusarihime ~Euthanasia~
2012-01-11 7.6 Only You -Re Cross-
2012-01-11 7.5 Ikusa Megami Zero

Not KKK because it's a spinoff of Dies and so logically Dies comes first.
Not Only You because that's by AliceSoft.
Not Ikusa Megami Zero because moogy supposedly didn't like that.

tl;dr Moogy's translating Dies irae, Trample of Schatten or Kusarihime.

Quote:
Dies is also really fucking long, so yeah, probably not that.

>[21:33] <Moogy> TNA, more like it's on some weird engine
>[21:33] <Moogy> and nobody has ever looked at it

Kusarihime runs on that Liarsoft engine, which isn't really "some weird engine that nobody has ever looked at", so yeah, schatten most likely.
So JAST has another title they've licensed which they haven't announced. Possibly Trample on "Schatten!!" ~Kagefumi no Uta~ but no confirmation.
Old 2012-05-10, 13:00
Unregistered

So Grisaia is being translated apparently?

The nice thing about this game is that 99% of the jokes are sexual in nature and thus understandable in any language!