gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #331  
Old 2010-09-02, 23:33
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
My question is why NNL would publish a notification intended towards consumers of their translations in Japanese, given that probably around 100% of said consumers would not know Japanese.

I'd almost like to open up Gipface's head and have a look inside. I'm sure we'd make some great contributions to neuroscience that way.
It's for minori to read - and perhaps in part a nod to how nbkz posted both Japanese and English text on the minori site.

Anyway, the idea is to make their intentions clear to everyone, including the copyright holder. The Japanese text (a gesture of sincerity; on personal BBSes, some Japanese only take what you say seriously if it's written in Japanese. Even broken Japanese can be good enough) isn't meant for English-speaking users of their past translations.
  #332  
Old 2010-09-02, 23:57
dsp2003
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Anyway, the only thing left is to say "goodbye" to NNL and "rest in pieces" to GipFace. :) Or vice-versa, I dunno...
  #333  
Old 2010-09-03, 01:57
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Mahou Tsukai no Yoru delayed; stamped with a winter 2010 release date.
Honestly, I wouldn't get too excited about Mahou Tsukai no Yoru.

The reason there it's kinetic, one route, no choices, no voices etc. is because it's pretty much a "port" of a novel Nasu wrote in the 90s.

To be honest, I doubt he was ever even intending to make this game. I think he was just told by his bosses the something-thousand Tsukihime/Fate spin-offs just weren't making money any more. They wanted a new IP, probably hoping for the next Tsukihime or Fate that they could base a whole new line of merchandise and spin-offs on.

If you have read any of Nasu's other early work, it's not quite up to what people are expecting from the next big game from Type Moon.
  #334  
Old 2010-09-03, 05:22
NTX's Avatar
NTX NTX is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 250
Default

Let's believe Nasu wouldn't release something that he knows won't be up to snuff given his track record. He has kind of a streak going on that I'm sure he wants to maintain.

And the "no voices" part has been so for the original f/sn pc and tsukihime.

Last edited by NTX; 2010-09-03 at 05:28.
  #335  
Old 2010-09-03, 06:16
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Tsukihime was a doujin title, and voiced story-centric doujin eroges were extremely rare back then; possibly even nonexistent. Fate/stay Night was released in 2004, a year when it was still sort of acceptable to not voice story-centric games of extreme length without your company name being 'AliceSoft'; Clannad wasn't voiced either.

2010, things are a little different. TYPE-MOON has plenty of money now, something they wouldn't have had so much of originally; moreover, practically nothing today is released without voicing. Nasu gave some halfassed justification for not including voices; if you want absolute proof that he's completely full of shit, you need only wait for a console port of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru to be released. _It will be voiced_.

That said, I don't think the scenario in question will be problematic at all. The art certainly isn't, so the production values in general should be mostly what we expect. I am still not going to preorder Mahou Tsukai no Yoru though - and yes, voices are a factor in that decision, simply because I see no reason why they should not be included and every reason why they should be included. I'm happy to read unvoiced titles in general, but I don't want to support this one because I believe it is a bad move.
__________________
www.erogenews.com

Last edited by Asceai; 2010-09-03 at 06:19.
  #336  
Old 2010-09-03, 06:38
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
2010, things are a little different. TYPE-MOON has plenty of money now, something they wouldn't have had so much of originally; moreover, practically nothing today is released without voicing. Nasu gave some halfassed justification for not including voices; if you want absolute proof that he's completely full of shit, you need only wait for a console port of Mahou Tsukai no Yoru to be released. _It will be voiced_.
I think they just want us to buy the game twice, once now and once again if we want voices.
  #337  
Old 2010-09-03, 06:56
NTX's Avatar
NTX NTX is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 250
Default

I don't think it was "sort of acceptable" back in 2004 either, but the fact that it still sold like hotcakes pretty much tells them they can do whatever they want and the fans'll still come with their tales wagging. The above poster's hypothesis is very likely D:
  #338  
Old 2010-09-03, 07:13
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Well, if we're talking full-priced commercial unvoiced games of note, let's look at 2004:

Fate/stay Night
CLANNAD
Phantom INTEGRATION
Rance VI (although AliceSoft can pretty much always get away with this)
Quartett!
Silhouette
Mystereet

not to mention heaps of far less notable titles

Let's look at 2010:

.. you know, I can't even think of one. Mahou Tsukai no Yoru would be IT. Unvoiced games are simply not made any more- AbelSoftware might fancy themselves brave enough to try it, but it wouldn't work out well for them (and I think MQ was probably the last of THAT era)
__________________
www.erogenews.com
  #339  
Old 2010-09-03, 07:30
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Well, if we're talking full-priced commercial unvoiced games of note, let's look at 2004:

Fate/stay Night
CLANNAD
Phantom INTEGRATION
Rance VI (although AliceSoft can pretty much always get away with this)
Quartett!
Silhouette
Mystereet

not to mention heaps of far less notable titles

Let's look at 2010:

.. you know, I can't even think of one. Mahou Tsukai no Yoru would be IT. Unvoiced games are simply not made any more- AbelSoftware might fancy themselves brave enough to try it, but it wouldn't work out well for them (and I think MQ was probably the last of THAT era)
Bear in mind as well MTnY is a has no ero content, and non-ero voice actresses are usually cheaper.
  #340  
Old 2010-09-03, 08:02
NTX's Avatar
NTX NTX is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 250
Default

Guess they're the exception.

I read books and shit so I guess it doesn't bother me as much.
  #341  
Old 2010-09-03, 08:02
zalas zalas is offline
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: fushigi misuterii
Posts: 1,831
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bear in mind as well MTnY is a has no ero content, and non-ero voice actresses are usually cheaper.
Although, I think top of the line non-ero actresses cost a lot more than top of the line ero actresses.
__________________
~Yoda is waiting in the air~ | HAVEN
  #342  
Old 2010-09-03, 08:37
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
Although, I think top of the line non-ero actresses cost a lot more than top of the line ero actresses.
Sure. I meant for actresses of the same level. Actresses charge a certain amount per line, but that amount goes waaaaay up for lines in ero scenes on top of an extra fee they ask for if they don't normally do ero.