gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-11-27, 16:41

Send a message via MSN to Kiesman
Default The saddest story I have ever read...

Kana -Little Sister- is the saddest story I've ever read...I'm normally a strong willed guy (seems cold to say, but I didn't cry much during my cousin's funeral. Not sure why.) , but even I broke down and cried before I had finished it...It was so sad, that my perverted side didn't even come out during the "eroge" parts, and I just ignored the pictures...

Just thought I'd say, if anyone wants a really emotionally moving story, try this one. Most of you have probably read it. Also good for someone who needs a good cry for one reason or another. I know I feel alot better now, if a little sad.

Also a great introductory for me into the world of Visual Novels. My first one. ^^
Old 2007-11-27, 20:10
Local

Send a message via AIM to tea panda

Nice to have you aboard. =) A lot of people come into visual novels from Kana, and it's good to see another Kana fan.

Any particular plans on your next visual novel? We certainly hope that Kana isn't your last.
Old 2007-11-27, 20:12
Unregistered

No plans except to read more visual novels ^^
Got any suggestions?
Old 2007-11-27, 20:13

By the way, that's me there....Sorry, forgot to log back in ^^
Old 2007-11-27, 20:15
Local

Send a message via AIM to tea panda

It depends on what you're into, but if you're into more serious or dramatic stuff, you can't go wrong with Crescendo and Ever 17. If you're looking for more tear-jerker-like visual novels, Narcissu (http://narcissu.insani.org/) is a good one to check out.

Last edited by tea panda; 2007-11-27 at 20:18.
Old 2007-11-27, 21:21

Just a side note... I got the ending "Snow" on my first play through ^_^
I tend to prefer the tear-jerkers myself...sometimes. Well...Yeah pretty much. Makes me sound like a wimpy guy but who cares =P Can't lie to myself.

If they ever made an anime based off this with the "Snow" ending, I don't think I'd be able to watch it....Too much emotion.

What's that "Binary" thing on the Narcissu site?
Old 2007-11-27, 21:52
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

The builds of the onscripter engine, on which Narcissu runs on, have been compiled into binaries for various platforms, win32, OS X, linux. The source is also provided for so people could compile their own binaries if they chose. If you have no idea what this means, it doesn't matter.

All you have to care about is getting the right binary for your OS, win32 most likely.

Incidentally, Narcissu Side 2nd, which includes the original Narcissu (plus a few minorminorminor enhancements), will be out... in the near future.

Before 2009 for sure.

Really.

No, really.
Old 2007-11-27, 22:05
Local

Send a message via ICQ to Billhead Send a message via Yahoo to Billhead

I've seen Crescendo recommended so many times, but I was really disappointed in it.
I can't stand the style that their eyes are drawn, and 1/2 of the game is made up of flash-blacks.

Personally, like others I would recommend Narcissu, along with Planetarian.
It's not really a tear-jerker, but it had the same effect on me as Kana.
Old 2007-11-28, 00:07
Unregistered

I'm quite suprised no one has suggested Tsukihime yet. I thought the story was very interesting. It had a lot of diverse characters with interesting backgrounds and personalities. The English patch is by Mirror Moon. The story's genre is hard to describe, but I guess it could fit in Vampires, Action, and sort of Slice of Life. There's not a whole lot of drama, but the plot more than makes up for it.
Old 2007-11-28, 01:16
Unregistered

I second Narcissu and Planetarian. I guarantee you will be in tears at the end.
(Kind of embarassing, but with the latter I cried for about an hour, until I was exhausted, and then fell asleep XD)

Tsukihime isn't really in this vein IMO... sure there are some tearful endings but the majority of the story is a far cry (hur hur) from Kana.
Old 2007-11-28, 01:52
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billhead View Post
I've seen Crescendo recommended so many times, but I was really disappointed in it.
I can't stand the style that their eyes are drawn, and 1/2 of the game is made up of flash-blacks.
Maybe you didn't play the game long enough, even though i would tend to agree about their eyes, whenever i play a game (with an interesting story) for long enough it tends to grow on me, no matter what cg style is used.

i also agree with the one's so far recommended - Crescendo, Narcissu, Ever17, Planetarian, Tsukihime (don't know why ppl always disregard this VN).

and two more:
-------------
Yume Miru Kusuri - (*** i loved the shiraki aeka path)
Heart de Roommate - (it's not at the top of my fav-list but thought id mention it)
Old 2007-11-28, 03:08
Addicted

Maybe it's just me, but Kana's whole 'psuedo-little sister' cliche just killed the whole thing for me. Want to write a tear-jerker about a family member suffering from an illness? That's fine, but when it turns into "my protective instincts become erotic attraction, thank goodness for the deus ex mechanica that is Eroge Cliche #3*!" the title has just jumped the shark in