gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-07-19, 00:51
Unregistered

Post About Minori

Apparently another email to NNL, but compared to the 1st mail this one seems to be more reserved and withdrawn.

What are the fans view on this however? Personally I don't know how difference it will make.
Old 2010-07-19, 01:25
Obsessive

Ef was horrible so..No name losers should pick up better games :0...

Although the demo for eden was cool..
Old 2010-07-19, 02:44
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Apparently another email to NNL, but compared to the 1st mail this one seems to be more reserved and withdrawn.

What are the fans view on this however? Personally I don't know how difference it will make.
be it that they send 1 or 10 C&D emails, it is all the same to me. The real problem is not in the C&D emails (which they had to right to send, and NNL should have respected), but it was with the treatment we received from them. They practically (well, literally) told us not to buy their stuff unless we live in Japan (we don't want your money), and that it was our fault that they were threatened domestically with the loli and rape ban.

either way, people make mistakes, and as I wrote before, if minori take some effort to address the Western fans (English understanding ones), be it that they apologies for the bad treatment or try to make some effort to translate their titles, then to me, this affair is just water under the bridge.

I am looking forward to some positive results from the talk between minori and NNL.
Old 2010-07-19, 07:22
Local

it's really hard to distinguish if everything will go well between the two parties, since many things already happened. I wonder if Minori really wanted their games to be translated (by NNL). since judging from what they said "Don't buy our stuff unless you live in japan". that would put others out of the line and I don't want to say that they're merciless to outsiders (that's a pretty large generalization). we really need a positive mindset here, and some clarifications.

Last edited by appztetra; 2010-07-19 at 07:30.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:16
Local

I'm a bit worried about the negotiations, since the head of NNL tends to be a little... standoff-ish. Ah, heck, I'll just say it. Gipface is downright rude a lot the time. He's an utter troll. That won't fly when dealing with Japanese businessmen.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:28
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
Ef was horrible so..No name losers should pick up better games :0...
If you look at user's votes on vndb, you will see that you're one of the very, very few people who think so.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:29
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojamajo_LimePie View Post
I'm a bit worried about the negotiations, since the head of NNL tends to be a little... standoff-ish. Ah, heck, I'll just say it. Gipface is downright rude a lot the time. He's an utter troll. That won't fly when dealing with Japanese businessmen.
gotta agree here.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:39
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojamajo_LimePie View Post
That's why we all love him.
Old 2010-07-19, 10:21
Unregistered

At worst, minori intends to lure NNL to Japan, where they'll have some policemen waiting (Valve style). Sets a harsh example.

At best, they're actually interested in negotiating, although I don't see this going anywhere, given their conditions.
Old 2010-07-19, 13:17
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirkaf View Post
If you look at user's votes on vndb, you will see that you're one of the very, very few people who think so.
Yeah, vndb votes sure matter. Especially when NNL specifically fished for votes on ef by begging their fans to vote high on it.

vndb's userbase is terrible enough to begin with (Ever17, Umineko, Umineko Chiru, and Little Busters in the top 10? Don't make me laugh.), let alone without provocation to upvote some shitty game with kawaii uguu Nanao Naru art.

Well, the first season of the ef anime was great, at least.
Old 2010-07-19, 18:30
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Yeah, vndb votes sure matter. Especially when NNL specifically fished for votes on ef by begging their fans to vote high on it.

vndb's userbase is terrible enough to begin with (Ever17, Umineko, Umineko Chiru, and Little Busters in the top 10? Don't make me laugh.), let alone without provocation to upvote some shitty game with kawaii uguu Nanao Naru art.

Well, the first season of the ef anime was great, at least.
Damn straight about the vndb userbase. To call them morons would be an insult to morons.

If you want to get a good laugh, check out these ratings:

Symphonic Rain 8.45 (very good)
Sharin no Kuni 8.82 (very good)
Saya no Uta 8.50 (very good)
Chaos;Head 8.07 (very good)

Very good? Please! Utterly laughable that garbage like this should be so highly rated. The only ones more brain-dead than the people who rated this garbage so high are the fools that actually took the time to translate this crap. Once again, excellent point about the vndb userbase.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:04
Regular

0/10
Try harder next time.
Old 2010-07-19, 22:05
Unregistered

Not that erogamescape is any better by the way.

Honestly, rankings for these types of games is overrated.
Old 2010-07-19, 23:25
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Damn straight about the vndb userbase. To call them morons would be an insult to morons.

If you want to get a good laugh, check out these ratings:

Symphonic Rain 8.45 (very good)
Sharin no Kuni 8.82 (very good)
Saya no Uta 8.50 (very good)
Chaos;Head 8.07 (very good)

Very good? Please! Utterly laughable that garbage like this should be so highly rated. The only ones more brain-dead than the people who rated this garbage so high are the fools that actually took the time to translate this crap. Once again, excellent point about the vndb userbase.
Your post made my laugh, really.
If you say that Symphonic Rain and Sharin no Kuni "this garbage", your taste for visual novels must be broken.
And don't call the translators "fools", you ungrateful jerk! They translated games for us for free and now you talk about them like this.
You are no different from the faggots who always complain and use vulgar in 4chan.
In fact, you FAIL , sir. That's all.
Old 2010-07-20, 00:49
Obsessive

Flame fest is about to begin.

Most of the times for games like Ef Its just hype..I thought the way to story was thrown together was horrible (Looking right at you chapter1 and 4)

Sharin no kuni is hilarious I love the protag.

This post explains the situation rather well with new info to me: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...group-in-talks

Last edited by fujifruit; 2010-07-20 at 02:10.