gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-09-29, 00:51
marcovello

Default my own visual novel =)...

Lately, there's been a few topics on people talking about making their own visual novels. I think I'll give this a go too... I drew a promo pic for a visual novel that I'd like to work on:

http://www.geocities.com/marcusl_12/promo.jpg

I know my drawing skills aren't very good, so feel free to criticise =).
Old 2006-09-29, 06:53
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

First off, I would recommend you discuss your game on http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/ , as this forum is oriented towards Japanese-produced games.

Criticism? Your CG work is good, but your character needs a neck. :)
Old 2006-09-29, 10:50
Regular

Send a message via MSN to feeling_the_heart Send a message via Yahoo to feeling_the_heart

well, sorry if you mad for what i'm saying. first thing is improve your drawing skills. second, make buddy who you can trust to make a visual novel. that i'm suggested.
Old 2006-09-29, 13:16

That was a bit harsh. I actually quite like it, but the arm on the left strikes me as a little weird. It doesn't seem to have much depth, so her hand looks really disproportionate (I assume she's meant to be reaching out into the screen).

Any ideas for a storyline?
Old 2006-09-29, 13:41
Ex-boss

The shading and texturing is very good, but the proportions do need work.

Consider drawing from life, or from photographs, or getting one of those posable mannequins, or even a computer program like Poser -- basically, anything that will give you a figure you can set up so you can see the proportions and angles as you draw. Then, once you have a realistic outline, you can stylise it into anime-style proportions as a separate second step.
Old 2006-09-29, 13:45
Obsessive

I don't know much about drawing so I won't comment on the pose and composition and whatnot... But that hand is huge.
Old 2006-09-30, 02:41
Obsessive

Send a message via MSN to Carl

Hey, not bad. Best of luck, and remember the two most important things; finish it sometime, and have fun doing it.
Old 2006-09-30, 03:08
marcovello

Thanks for the feedback, people =).

Shii: "but your character needs a neck. :)"
Well, her neck is actually covered by the scarf. But I guess the neck might still be a bit too short...

Don't worry feeling_the_heart, I'm not mad with what you're saying; I know I need to work on my drawing skills =P. But,
"second, make buddy who you can trust to make a visual novel."
Can u plz rephrase that ^___^;?

Guest, yeah, she's meant to be reaching out to the screen. That's why her hand is huge.
Storyline? The protagonist is soon to become blind, and a counselor (shown in the pic) takes him onto a ferris to "dream for the last time". Yep =).
This probably gives off a Narcissu vibe huh? But u know, I just loved Narcissu so much... so I won't deny the influence...

Hey Haeleth, yep I'll take photographs when I draw the images for the actual game.

Yep Carl, I'll definitely have fun doing it =D.

Any other comments are weclome =).
Old 2006-09-30, 08:50
Regular

Send a message via MSN to feeling_the_heart Send a message via Yahoo to feeling_the_heart

about second. yeah, make some society with one vision, one hobby, and one ambition. same as type-moon I think.