gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-01-13, 14:52
Visitor

Send a message via AIM to DocDestiny Send a message via MSN to DocDestiny

wow...they're actually asking what fans want...of course it would be nice to see them translate some of the stuff from Key, but what about Leaf? and Illusionsoft? I know they do a lot of H-Games, but it would be nice to have an english copy of Comic Party^_^
Old 2006-01-13, 19:37
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Would they release the voiceless PC version? The PS2 version would be unlikely with SCEA's 2Dphobia. Maybe find a way to release a PC version with voices?
Probably the Standard Edition with Interchannel's voice files added in. Well, hopefully anyway.
Ideally, the game would have voicing. Big thumbs up to Aoyama-san for giving us a ray of hope. >w<

Oh, and did you guys notice that the link says Haeleth's gemot as opposed to Hæleþes gemot? It's somewhat interesting...
Old 2006-01-13, 22:56
Obsessive

Send a message via MSN to Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocDestiny
wow...they're actually asking what fans want...of course it would be nice to see them translate some of the stuff from Key, but what about Leaf? and Illusionsoft? I know they do a lot of H-Games, but it would be nice to have an english copy of Comic Party^_^
Sure, we all have favourite games. I'd like an english version of North Wind, but how many other people have played that (even in Japan)? I think going with games that are universally well liked first is probably the best option.
Old 2006-01-14, 01:52
Addicted

For the sake of discussion, I'd think that if they DID do a port of a certain three-letter game by a three-letter developer, it would either be the PS2 or Dreamcast version. First, they're voiced, which Hirameki has been good about including in their games. Also, Ai Yori Aoshi was a port from the PS2 game, so they must be familiar with the process. (I know Ever17 was on the Dreamcast and PS2 as well, but I'm not sure if the English PC version came from those, or a Japanese PC version. WAS there even a Japanese PC version?). Plus, the console ports are already all-ages compatable.

The Air Standard Edition doesn't really have any advantages over the console versions, does it (aside from the inclusion of h-scenes, if you consider that an advantage)? Is the SE voiced (UNlike the Kanon SE -_- )?
Old 2006-01-14, 03:13
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritsnare
did you guys notice that the link says Haeleth's gemot as opposed to Hæleþes gemot?
Easier to type, presumably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
(I know Ever17 was on the Dreamcast and PS2 as well, but I'm not sure if the English PC version came from those, or a Japanese PC version. WAS there even a Japanese PC version?).
There was a PC version, so they probably just used that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSL
The Air Standard Edition doesn't really have any advantages over the console versions, does it?
As a PC game, it might be easier to modify that to support English than to port a PS2 game, depending on whether the hypothetical licensees could get their hands on RealLive source code or not.

Using the PS2 version would also have consequences for the script. The PS2 version makes a number of cuts even compared to the all-age PC version - e.g. it takes out references to Haruko riding a motorbike without a helmet, and cuts Kanna's attempt to seduce Ryuuya. The text is simplified (though mostly orthographically, so that wouldn't really show up in translation). And, for some inexplicable reason, "Serie A" is replaced with "Italian soccer league".
Old 2006-01-14, 08:53
Visitor

Quote:
The PS2 version makes a number of cuts even compared to the all-age PC version - e.g. it takes out references to Haruko riding a motorbike without a helmet, and cuts Kanna's attempt to seduce Ryuuya.
If you're referring to the same seduction attempt I think you are, I very distinctly remember encountering it in the PS2 version. In fact, there's no way I could forget it, given how shocking it was to see them go that far in the alleged "all-age" version. Then there was the rather... creative application of the Dual Shock's vibration feature that accompanied the scene.

I haven't played any other version of the game, though, so there may be another scene like that I'm not aware of.
Old 2006-01-14, 09:20
Ex-boss

Sorry, ambiguous language. The scene itself isn't removed, but it's shortened - they took out things like Ryuuya warning Kanna that it might hurt, and Kanna asking how much she'd have to practice before it became enjoyable. :3
Old 2006-01-14, 14:13
Addicted

Σ(˚Д˚)

Yikes... I wasn't even aware of something like that transpiring between Ryuuya and Kanna. The anime certainly made no reference to it (then again, why would they?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltegatis
Then there was the rather... creative application of the Dual Shock's vibration feature that accompanied the scene.
Echoes of the Rez Trance Vibrator...
Old 2006-01-14, 14:36
Ex-boss

It was in the summer special, wasn't it? :/
Old 2006-01-14, 14:52
Addicted

I remember there were hints of something like that with the summer special, but I thought it just ended with Ryuuya telling her to knock it off or something. Maybe that's still all it is. Kanna asking how much she would have to practice had me thinking otherwise, though.