gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-02-28, 21:35
Unregistered

Default Onscripter linux compilation issues

Using onscripter-en-20080214, Gentoo AMD64.

First off, when compiling with gcc-4.2.2, it gives this error:
Code:
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
DirectReader.cpp: In member function ‘virtual char* DirectReader::getArchiveName() const’:
DirectReader.cpp:258: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
make: *** [DirectReader.o] Error 1
I worked around this by removing "-Werror" from OSCFLAGS in the makefile.

Next I get this error:
Code:
ONScripterLabel_sound.o: In function `ONScripterLabel::closeOggVorbis(OVInfo*)':
ONScripterLabel_sound.cpp:(.text+0xae): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
ONScripterLabel_sound.o: In function `ONScripterLabel::openOggVorbis(unsigned char*, long, int&, int&)':
ONScripterLabel_sound.cpp:(.text+0x1aa): undefined reference to `ov_open_callbacks'
ONScripterLabel_sound.cpp:(.text+0x1bf): undefined reference to `ov_info'
ONScripterLabel_sound.cpp:(.text+0x246): undefined reference to `ov_pcm_total'
ONScripterLabel_sound.cpp:(.text+0x285): undefined reference to `ov_clear'
ONScripterLabel_sound.o: In function `decodeOggVorbis(OVInfo*, unsigned char*, long, bool)':
ONScripterLabel_sound.cpp:(.text+0xc01): undefined reference to `ov_read'
I worked around this by adding "-lvorbisfile" to the makefile under "LIBS =".I already see mention of this :
Code:
LIBS = -Lextlib/lib \
       -lSDL_image $(if $(findstring true,false),-ljpeg -lpng -lz) \
       -lSDL_mixer $(if $(findstring true,false),-lvorbisfile -lvorbis -logg) \
But for whatever reason it doesn't work until I add it seperately.I have sdl-mixer installed, BTW.
After working around these errors the code compiles fine.

One more issue is to do with case sensitivity.Does the code just expect lower case all the time or does it depend on what the case of the file references in the "arc.nsa" are?.Also can I disable this behaviour? Tsukihime seemed to work fine with the files being any case with the older 2006 insani version but I had to rename everything to lower case for it to work with this version.

Thanks
Old 2008-04-03, 06:54

Same error with both onscripter-en-20080214-src.tar.bz2 and my old onscripter-en-20070615+2-src.tar.bz2. Ubuntu Hardy Heron 64-bit, updates as of 03/04.
Using the 20080121-0ubuntu1 from the repositories looks like this.

Here's a sysinfo output, no idea if it's helpful.

Spoiler
Old 2008-04-03, 18:24
Sonozaki Futago-tachi

I'm checking into your compilation problems.

I suspect that it's because you're using GCC 4; I'm not sure about Haeleth's linux setup, but my Windows mingw build environment uses GCC 3. It sounds like GCC 4 is pickier about some things, so I'm trying a build using mingw gcc-4.2.1 to see if it dislikes the onscripter code.

The vorbisfile library problem sounds more like a configure file/Makefile building issue, so I'll forward that to Haeleth.

Mion (Sonozaki Futagotachi)
Old 2008-04-04, 10:26
Ex-boss

The "deprecated conversion" error relates to a change in gcc 4.2, which is stricter in how it handles string constants; the code compiles fine with gcc 4.1 (the default in Ubuntu 7.10). I've fixed it in SVN to behave nicely with 4.2's tightened rules. Be aware that there's some of Mion's experimental stuff in the trunk right now that hasn't been tested extensively; the workaround for people who don't fancy being guinea-pigs is to disable errors on warnings as the OP suggested.

I haven't managed to duplicate the vorbisfile problem in Ubuntu; I'll try some other distros when I have a chance. I will suggest that a generic workaround for library-related problems is to try the bundled versions, which are less likely to suffer from inter-distro variation.

As for "20080121-0ubuntu1 from the repositories", it looks like it was compiled without English support, so best to reserve it for Japanese gaming.

Last edited by Haeleth; 2008-04-04 at 10:32.
Old 2008-04-06, 15:26
Ex-boss

I've managed to duplicate the vorbis problem; seems it happens in Ubuntu 8.04, but not in 7.10. No proper fix yet, but I've confirmed that building with --with-internal-libs still works, so is a viable workaround for now.