gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-02-10, 00:11
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Uh, hows the project? ^^;;;;;
Old 2008-02-10, 01:43
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

We're still breathing, and working.

2 things would help the project along more than anything else:
1) 36 hours/day instead of 24.
2) the ability to sleep 4-5 hours a night for months on end.
Old 2008-02-10, 14:27
Holly

Thank you so much Agilis and Haeleth for working so hard on this project. The original Narcissu touched my heart in the most wonderful way, and thanks to you two I'll eventually get to enjoy it's prequal. Your work means a lot to me, and I hope you two can bring this and many other projects over to those of us who can't/won't learn japanese. ^_^
Old 2008-02-11, 19:00
Obsessive

Sorry for asking, it was killing me T_T
*hug*
Good luck, and don't die over this!
*grabs girls to make her hug*
(Don't worry, I think I'll be the only one going to jail if she decides to press charges!)
Old 2008-03-05, 05:00
Holly

meanwhile, are we allowed to label the english translation of narcissu 2 as the kinetic novel version of duke nukem forever?
Old 2008-03-05, 09:31
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
meanwhile, are we allowed to label the english translation of narcissu 2 as the kinetic novel version of duke nukem forever?
That depends, I guess, on whether anyone is working on Narcissu 2 as their full-time, paid job.

"Ha ha! You're working too slow on your hobby!"

The mere fact that these amateur translation projects exist at all is an absolute miracle, given the amount of, frankly, unpleasant work involved in putting something worthwhile together.

So let's please not start feeling entitled to the free results of someone else's leisure-time labor, and merely cheer them on gratefully... or of course step up to the plate and do it better and faster yourself, heh heh.
Old 2008-03-05, 11:38
Posts way too much

Narcissu 2 hasn't even been in translation for that long anyway. Sure, it's not an extremely long game, but it's not that short, either. I'm sure when the game is finished, and you compare the duration between this and the Wind project, then compare the script sizes, the Narcissu 2 project will not come off that badly.
It's certainly nowhere near 'duke nukem forever' yet. I'll let you call it that if it still hasn't been finished or cancelled by 2012, but until then, no way.
Old 2008-03-05, 15:49
Holly

I was mostly being silly with the duke nukem forever thing. As you can see back at post #108 I do hold high respect for the translators and what they do. I know they don't have to do this, but with jokes about it not being released into christmas 2009 and stuff the duke nukem joke fit I thought.
Old 2008-03-05, 18:19
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Because people seem to like glimpses of projects with absolutely no context. While keeping to my policy of never giving time frames or status reports, I submit this mystery for public consumption:

Last edited by Agilis; 2008-03-05 at 18:22.
Old 2008-03-05, 18:30

Send a message via AIM to Ayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Because people seem to like glimpses of projects with absolutely no context. While keeping to my policy of never giving time frames or status reports, I submit this mystery for public consumption:

wtf is that vim?
Old 2008-03-05, 19:17
Obsessive

*smacks critics*
*points to insani post*
"Man. What have we been doing all year, anyway?"
- Seung

"I dunno. Real life?"
- Ed

Is this like coding with t3h 3v1ls of mistakes will kill 30 pages of work? If so, I feel your pain man, I do...
Old 2008-03-06, 01:12