gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-02-15, 01:39
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

I personally thought that True Remembrance was more meaningful than Narcissu was. Then again, the whole "Terminal disease" theme was used in Kana Imouto too, so I didn't find Narcissu to have that much of an impact as it did for some people.

Anyhow, I recommend everyone to try it. Anything that leaves you with a warm fuzzy feeling is bound to be great.
Old 2008-02-15, 15:48
Plastic

Just finished it and i really enjoyed it. A different type of impact as narcissu but I liked it equally as much. Would like to thank insani for the translation and shiba satomi for the game itself. Keep up the good work and bring us more VNs :P. Highly recommended to everyone.
Old 2008-02-15, 22:43
Unregistered

Did the author get all his backgrounds from Universal Studios Japan?
Old 2008-02-16, 18:44
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Wow, that really brought my day up.
Much love the the non depressing story. I found it on par with Narcissu, but I'd put Narcissu in a different genre. The writing style was different, and added to the atmosphere.
True Rememberance, however, gave me a good push and pull, then left me feeling quite refreshed.

Please don't stop the visual novels such as these, they're beautiful, and many of us a greatly appreciative of them.
Thank you Insani ^_^
Old 2008-02-16, 22:13
Obsessive

That was terrific.

Now... why is there no jukebox mode?? :(

Keep up the great work guys. :3
Old 2008-02-17, 20:03
Regular

I'm on the last chapter, taking my time to bask in the atmosphere.

I'm thinking the writing is uncannily similar to "Starlit Sky" the way in which the protagonist encounters people all who have a problem with memories, and deals with them unexpectedly (more like, it's his girl companion who deals with the memories).
Old 2008-02-17, 21:43
Unregistered

Just finished up. Wow, was it impacting. Its message on memories just makes you feel really hopeful, even if you're a ronery no-life. The plot unfolded so perfectly, with foreshadowing at almost every turn. It was true, just as Seung's Afterward said, that you only found out you were caught in a web when it was already too late. The characters all had distinct and memorable personalities, and it was a really nice touch for them all to have unique speech patterns, like an above poster pointed out. The translation was excellent, with such a wide range of vocabulary, of which I haven't seen often if ever in fan translation. From contacting the author to collaborating with (him?), the amount of work insani had put into this project really showed. Thanks for the localization, insani.

One question though. How old is Blackiris during the main storyline with La, Rook, Lips, etc.? The only indication I can remember was the film reel in the credits that said his age when he was still at the academy, but that's all.
Old 2008-02-18, 09:41
Unregistered

In regards to that CG, I think it was mentioned that at the time, Blackiris has just entered training. The game states that he has been in the city for 5 years (2 years of training + 3 years of work), so that would make him around 22.

I'm somewhat confused about several things myself, mostly concerning Dexter and Maria. (rot13'd for spoilers)
Jub jnf vg gung Qrkgre jnf ivfvgvat va gur ubfcvgny? Ng svefg, V nffhzrq vg jnf Znevn, ohg jura yngre va gur fgbel Oynpxvevf gnxrf gur tvey bhgfvqr gur Pvgl, jr frr Znevn, cerfhznoyl unccvyl zneevrq, jvgu ure zrzbel bs Oynpxvevf nyernql renfrq. Gurer vf ab ernfba sbe ure gb or va gur Pvgl nalzber, vf gurer? Naq gura, Qrkgre fnlf ur "gbbx njnl fbzrguvat cerpvbhf" sebz Oynpxvevf... V'z nffhzvat ur zrnaf Znevn'f ybff bs zrzbel, ohg V qba'g frr ubj Oynpxvevf pbhyq ubyq n tehqtr bire gung hayrff Qrkgre'f gur bar jub renfrq ure zrzbevrf. Va trareny, V svaq Oynpxvevf naq Yn'f cnfg irel pbashfvat. V thrff vg'f bar bs gubfr guvatf gung lbh arrq abg gb jbeel nobhg gur fznyy qrgnvyf ohg fvg onpx naq rawbl gur ornhgl bs gur birenyy vzntr, ohg V pna'g sbe gur yvsr bs zr svther bhg jung unccrarq orgjrra Nanylr'f qrngu naq Oynpxvevf' naq Yn'f zrrgvat. V'z nffhzvat gurl unq ercynprq uvf zrzbevrf bs jung ernyyl unccrarq jvgu snxr barf bs uvz fubbgvat Nanylr (punatvat Yn vagb n png va gur cebprff), ohg jung nobhg ure zrzbevrf? Naq jul qvq ur fhqqrayl erzrzore gubfr zrzbevrf va gur svanyr? Fheryl abg orpnhfr bs Yn? (Fur jnf gelvat gb znxr uvz sbetrg, abg erzrzore, nsgre nyy.) Pbashfvat.

I'm currently reading the VN for the second time in an attempt to clear things up, and I think I'm enjoying it more than the first time around. Too bad there's no 'select chapter' option.
Old 2008-02-18, 12:02
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Jub jnf vg gung Qrkgre jnf ivfvgvat va gur ubfcvgny? Ng svefg, V nffhzrq vg jnf Znevn, ohg jura yngre va gur fgbel Oynpxvevf gnxrf gur tvey bhgfvqr gur Pvgl, jr frr Znevn, cerfhznoyl unccvyl zneevrq, jvgu ure zrzbel bs Oynpxvevf nyernql renfrq. Gurer vf ab ernfba sbe ure gb or va gur Pvgl nalzber, vf gurer?
V nffhzrq ur jnfa'g npghnyyl ivfvgvat nalbar, ohg jnf gurer gb frr Yn. Znlor V zvffrq fbzrguvat.

Quote:
Naq gura, Qrkgre fnlf ur "gbbx njnl fbzrguvat cerpvbhf" sebz Oynpxvevf... V'z nffhzvat ur zrnaf Znevn'f ybff bs zrzbel, ohg V qba'g frr ubj Oynpxvevf pbhyq ubyq n tehqtr bire gung hayrff Qrkgre'f gur bar jub renfrq ure zrzbevrf.
Lrf, va snpg, qba'g gurl gryy lbh gung bhgevtug? Orpnhfr V jnf cerggl pregnva Qrkgre qvq.

Quote:
Va trareny, V svaq Oynpxvevf naq Yn'f cnfg irel pbashfvat. V thrff vg'f bar bs gubfr guvatf gung lbh arrq abg gb jbeel nobhg gur fznyy qrgnvyf ohg fvg onpx naq rawbl gur ornhgl bs gur birenyy vzntr, ohg V pna'g sbe gur yvsr bs zr svther bhg jung unccrarq orgjrra Nanylr'f qrngu naq Oynpxvevf' naq Yn'f zrrgvat. V'z nffhzvat gurl unq ercynprq uvf zrzbevrf bs jung ernyyl unccrarq jvgu snxr barf bs uvz fubbgvat Nanylr (punatvat Yn vagb n png va gur cebprff), ohg jung nobhg ure zrzbevrf?
V guvax ure zrzbevrf jrer nygrerq ohg 'frnyrq', fb gur ernfba fur sryg fnq jvgubhg xabjvat jul n ybg bs gur gvzr jnf orpnhfr gur cflpur pbeebfvba fur unq fgberq fgvyy unq fbzr rssrpg rira frnyrq njnl.

Quote:
Naq jul qvq ur fhqqrayl erzrzore gubfr zrzbevrf va gur svanyr? Fheryl abg orpnhfr bs Yn? (Fur jnf gelvat gb znxr uvz sbetrg, abg erzrzore, nsgre nyy.) Pbashfvat.
V qba'g guvax uvf zrzbevrf jrer ragveryl tbar (v.r. abg gnxra njnl ol na Bzrtn), naq fbzrubj gur yvax jvgu uvf Gehr Erzrzoenapr urycrq uvz erpbire rirelguvat ryfr. V arrq gb ercynl guvf gbb >_<
Old 2008-02-18, 20:27
Obsessive

A very nice experience it is, thankyou gp32 and ed.

As I thought, it is not really comparable to narcissu. It's more of a healing game rather than a crying game, not very depressing, but light hearted in a somewhat suffocating town.

It started rather nicely too, basically if a person tells you that he thinks DSM-V is useless, you kind of what to know what he really got. ^_^
Old 2008-02-19, 06:34
dsp2003

Yes, good luck with your future releases, guys. Too bad that i'll never be able to download it.

P.S. :'( Как всё-таки больно, когда люди не выполняют своих обещаний.

Last edited by dsp2003; 2008-02-19 at 06:37.
Old 2008-02-19, 07:28
Regular