Thread: Ever 17
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-12, 00:15
G005-a

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd probably rate Ever17 somewhere between 6 and 7 (this refers to the English version, of course. Without competency in Japanese, I can't easily judge the source material). I don't think the game is the masterpiece many players make it out to be, but it's still an enjoyable read.

Anyway, which scenarios do you all like best? My order of preference would probably be something like this:

1. Sora, Yuu (Sora gets the edge in terms of scenario, but I think I like the Yuu script a bit better)
2. Tsugumi
3. Coco
4. Sara

I find most of the Sora and Yuu-specific scenes to be nicely done. In the case of Tsugumi, I generally like the story ideas. However, the quality of the dialogue during heavy, melodramatic moments really bothers me. IMO, it's really awkward and sloppy, often coming across like (bad) high-school creative writing. Granted, the text is probably no worse than that of many video games, but it's still hard for me to read it without cringing.

The Sara scenario/script is a train wreck (I really like the character though), although I have to admit that I didn't read it very carefully. I can't say that the Coco scenario did much for me either, especially from the middle onward.