View Single Post
Old 2008-11-26, 19:36
Posts way too much

Quote:
There are some out there who believe that it is necessary to create some arbitrary grading scale in order to judge translation quality. There are some out there who believe that it is perfectly okay to output a barely-readable "first-pass" translation, to be "edited" later by people who have barely any knowledge of the original text. There are some out there who believe that it is perfectly ethical to translate another person's stories without the original author's knowledge and permission.
Oh my.

Well, in any case, I'm indeed very interested by this development. And, to be honest, I am thrilled by the concept of an al|together that I won't feel any sense of obligation to take part in* - I'd much rather just look at (and cross-examine the translation quality of, naturally!) the output.

*by this I mean if it was a public al|together I'd probably _have_ to participate to show that I'm not entirely full of hot air (just mostly!), which is something I don't really want to do because I can't write a good translation to something the length of Moonlight Blue in a month, and there's nothing shorter and free I really like...

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-11-26 at 19:53.