gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tomoyo After ~It's a Wonderful Life~ (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=6781)

Haeleth 2005-04-29 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kouryuu
and apparently my college's JP courses are supposed to be more advanced than normal bc they are purposefully trying to root people that want to learn just bc of anime out? O.o

Makes sense. I gather it's quite a problem at some places. Lucky for you it's not just anime you're interested in, eh? ;)

Seriously, it's a great language to learn, as long as you approach it realistically. As long as you're thinking of it as a language to learn, rather than a way of not having to wait for fansubbers, you'll do fine.

2005-04-29 15:59

Quote:

Tokimeki Memorial SNES ROM... facial expressions alone were what i went on...

;;-_-;; I still don't know if i got the girl, or my "best friend" stole her away from me...

Heh, I remember I used to do the same ^_^;

Asmadi 2005-04-29 16:17

Quote:

and apparently my college's JP courses are supposed to be more advanced than normal bc they are purposefully trying to root people that want to learn just bc of anime out? O.o

Very interesting. I have a few friends who are first year japanese language students, and they tell me about the number of people who are in there because of "anime"... but why do they need to make them more advanced? Just let those students have their fun, natural selection will run its course as they see that knowing a handful of phrases from their favorite shows won't help them pass the class...

2005-04-29 20:58

yea. the whole anime/ game thing is just a very nice major plus! :)

--offtopic?--i just feel that since a lot of the newer biomedical research is being done over in that side of the world, and a lot of the devices I'll end up using are made there, i want to learn so i could visit seminars or read the journals or whatnot... but anyways...--end offtopic--

2005-04-29 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by K

every figure out if you won, or if he stole her? ^.^

2005-04-29 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmadi
Very interesting. I have a few friends who are first year japanese language students, and they tell me about the number of people who are in there because of "anime"... but why do they need to make them more advanced? Just let those students have their fun, natural selection will run its course as they see that knowing a handful of phrases from their favorite shows won't help them pass the class...

I think the idea is they make it more advanced so that only if you're truly commited to learning the language, will you not watch your GPA plunge from A to C. I.E. not like High school Spanish.

2005-04-29 21:47

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by K

every figure out if you won, or if he stole her? ^.^

Ever bother to get the Rei ending? :P

GreatSaintLouis 2005-04-29 22:32

Quote:

Man, I wish they did that at my school. I almost quit Japanese first year on account of people like that. -_- They really do almost all tend to drop out by the end of the first year, but still, sitting through three terms of "Sensei, what does [insert random Dragonball Z or Inu Yasha phrase] mean?" definately makes you start wondering if the pages of your textbook could be used to slit your own wrists...

2005-04-29 22:56

learning japanese in university sounds cruel 0.0

2005-04-29 23:11

Apparently I'll ace 4 semesters of Japanese at university... but at least the students don't go there just for anime.

But they tend to annoy me oh yes.

Tagan 2005-04-30 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
if the pages of your textbook could be used to slit your own wrists...

They can, and I assure you, it hurts....one of the most painful ways to try to kill yourself.

2005-04-30 04:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by K
Ever bother to get the Rei ending? :P

Wow you actually managed to decipher the name of the character you were shooting for?
i just knew i liked --kanji-- so i kept dating her.

2005-04-30 04:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagan
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
if the pages of your textbook could be used to slit your own wrists...

They can, and I assure you, it hurts....one of the most painful ways to try to kill yourself.

and the class drove you to try this? O.o

dear god... just how horrible is this JAPN101?

Haeleth 2005-04-30 04:21

Quote:

Wow you actually managed to decipher the name of the character you were shooting for?

Nobody in their right minds shoots for Rei. At, perhaps, but not for. :p

Spoilers: Erv vf gur boabkvbhf evpu obl... hu, "obl"... jub trgf sybbqrq jvgu pubpbyngrf rirel Inyragvar'f qnl. "Uvf" raqvat vf grpuavpnyyl bar bs gur tnzr'f frperg raqvatf. V'z fher lbh pna thrff jung gur fubpxvat gehgu nobhg Erv vf.

Quote:

and the class drove you to try this? O.o

The otaku students rather than the lesson itself, I suspect. ;)

(BTW, do you think you could try not to post several times running? If you want to add something to a post you've already made, please use the edit function.)

Aldareon 2005-04-30 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzureLight
but at least the students don't go there just for anime.

But they tend to annoy me oh yes.

Heh heh .. I remember a friend telling me of a lecturer in uni who informed the class of his plans to have lunch at a Japanese restaurant so that the students can practice their newfound knowledge at the waitresses with bewildered/confused faces.
At the end of the announcement, one of the lady students screamed out "Yay! We get to go out for Yum Cha!". This was followed by a few moments of absolute silence, then the entire class roared with laughter.