gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   [Release] Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo Complete English Patch (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35734)

Moogy 2009-11-04 13:52

[Release] Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo Complete English Patch

Download
Readme
Project Page
Error Report Page

Please refer to the readme for installation instructions, translation notes, and more.

This release translates the entirety of the game.

Please enjoy.

We will be translating the bonus Houzuki chapter from the fandisc after this, so look forward to that.

Swing by #tlwiki@irc.rizon.net if you wish to speak with the staff.

Asceai 2009-11-04 14:05

Well, huh. Nice work, guys. I love Sharin no Kuni.

X-Calibar 2009-11-04 14:06

Ah, tis a dream come true.

Many thanks...

koji_leo 2009-11-04 19:36

at last, heh?
anyway cheers and applauses

2 years of project...

~HyoShin~ 2009-11-04 19:38

It's quite a treat to find another one translated from time to time.. heh xD I'm going to enjoy this.. >w<

Unregistered 2009-11-04 20:07

Anyone got a walkthrough available?

owenc 2009-11-04 20:15

Pretty damn incredible.
Now, to find a copy...

~HyoShin~ 2009-11-05 04:30

I'm sure there's a site which sells it somewhere... I checked it up last itme but.. ah well, too lazy to check. Just try googling it.

Or there always IS amazon, in which you might find one as well.

Minimoto 2009-11-05 04:40

I'm thrilled and ready to play this one. Hope it fills up my expectations. Thanks a load for the translations people.

Asceai 2009-11-05 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~HyoShin~ (Post 64182)
I'm sure there's a site which sells it somewhere... I checked it up last itme but.. ah well, too lazy to check. Just try googling it.

Or there always IS amazon, in which you might find one as well.

Sharin no Kuni is one of those games that never, ever goes out of print, nor goes down in price (along with things like Cross Channel and Eien no Aselia). It may not have been quite as much of a hit, but you can bet G-Senjou will do the same. A Profile or Sonoyoko? Good luck =P

Discount copies show up on Palet every now and then, and you can always get yourself a used copy off amazon or yahoo.

Asceai 2009-11-05 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64179)
Anyone got a walkthrough available?

Sharin no Kuni is hardcore to clear. Not as hardcore as things like Extravaganza and MinDead Blood but prepare to do a bit of skipping. And by a bit I mean a lot. You'd really be best off just playing it by ear and being happy with the ending you get, but if you INSIST: (plagiarised without apology from foolmaker, but with the scripts on tlwiki as reference)

Spoiler

Moogy 2009-11-05 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asceai (Post 64185)
(5) I'm worried about Isono

The only real choice for that branch!

Also you might want to spoiler tag some of that, considering that.

Otherwise... yeah, I guess I might as well include a walkthrough. I'll throw it up on the readme page later.

Asceai 2009-11-05 16:31

Spoilertagged the whole thing, just because it's much neater that way. I didn't know the gemot HAD spoiler tags =P

Eternal72 2009-11-05 20:13

I’ll admit to be very excited about this release. I really like the ideas and various issues associated with the so very different form of social control/rehabilitation, that I’ve heard the story presents. In addition the main character sounds like quite the interesting individual.

Congrats to the TLWiki team on another release, I’ll look forward to playing it. On another note I think the TLWiki team has really brought together community translation, so well done guys for doing an outstanding job in that regard.

Kind Regards,
Eternal72

Kenn 2009-11-05 23:40

Ah, I remember this game... But of course I do. It left so much psychological trauma that whenever I play a VN now, it doesn't matter how carefree and soothing the story is, I'd always get this feeling that something very very bad is coming just around the corner.

As an ex-victim, I'd like to just give a warning: this game is extremely dark, and this is coming from an avid guro fan.... I'd go as far as to say only a bona fide masochist would enjoy the whole of it. It was a captivating game, but not in the good sense. I had to finish it, to chase the flimsy hope that there might be salvation in the end.

Now if some of you are still not persuaded, perhaps already been hooked in by the earlier chapters, then my only suggestion is to not read any reviews. That's all. Prepare some hot cocoa and enjoy the numerous touching moments that it does provide. Let's hope you'll find it more palatable than I did.

Asceai 2009-11-06 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenn (Post 64193)
Ah, I remember this game... But of course I do. It left so much psychological trauma that whenever I play a VN now, it doesn't matter how carefree and soothing the story is, I'd always get this feeling that something very very bad is coming just around the corner.

As an ex-victim, I'd like to just give a warning: this game is extremely dark, and this is coming from an avid guro fan.... I'd go as far as to say only a bona fide masochist would enjoy the whole of it. It was a captivating game, but not in the good sense. I had to finish it, to chase the flimsy hope that there might be salvation in the end.

Now if some of you are still not persuaded, perhaps already been hooked in by the earlier chapters, then my only suggestion is to not read any reviews. That's all. Prepare some hot cocoa and enjoy the numerous touching moments that it does provide. Let's hope you'll find it more palatable than I did.

What the heck, Sharin no Kuni isn't anywhere near that dark. It's not an utsuge for a start.

Heck, I would report the opposite; I felt Sharin no Kuni was an incredibly UPLIFTING piece. I was left with a better impression of the world as a whole from playing it. The overall message was quite positive, as it generally is with Looseboy games.

Hopeful Death 2009-11-06 06:28

Yes, the theme of the game is generally positive and it has an uplifting, triumphant tone. Bittersweet at times, yes, but I have to wonder what kind of drugs you are on to call it dark(or maybe you just haven't actually played a dark VN before)

MaccaSvenne 2009-11-06 06:45

I wonder if what Kenn is talking about is the same kind of feeling as Sono Yokogao, the only other experience I have with Akabei Soft, gave me.
The Mio route was, to me, really depressing and somewhat painful to read but still captivating and hard to stop reading. Can definitely say that I'm a bit more wary towards starting to read another of their games after that.

Though after what other people said, these two games might not be similar, as I can't imagine anyone finding the Mio route in Sono Yokogao "uplifting".

Moogy 2009-11-06 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful Death (Post 64197)
Yes, the theme of the game is generally positive and it has an uplifting, triumphant tone. Bittersweet at times, yes, but I have to wonder what kind of drugs you are on to call it dark(or maybe you just haven't actually played a dark VN before)

sharin is real deal man

better than that black cyc disney shit

Kenn 2009-11-06 09:30

Hahah, I'm beginning to wonder if we played the same game.

This is the one where the girl gets shot point blank and dies about 10min into the game right?

Spoiler

Only if you've finished the game:
Spoiler

Moogy 2009-11-06 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenn (Post 64200)
plethora of bad ends

There are four bad endings in the entire game, and they're all short and difficult to even get to. Edit: In fact, going by line count and excluding ero, the bad ends take up a whopping 1% of the game.

You should probably avoid ever playing a real dark eroge.

Hopeful Death 2009-11-06 09:53

Anyway, it would be better for you not to advertise a positive game as dark. You're just going to get dark game fans playing it and then make them utterly disappointed.

Kenn 2009-11-06 10:00

I can see my post was perhaps too long for you folks to read its entirety. Ah well, I did my best. :P

Hopeful Death 2009-11-06 10:22

Fine fine, these are major spoilers, don't look until you beat the game.

Spoiler

Kenn 2009-11-06 11:04

Spoiler

Oh, and sorry that my simple warning has turned into somewhat of a thread hijacking. I think I'll just leave it here even if there are more replies. Regardless of how the game is, the patch staff members truly deserves a big kudos for their enormous efforts.

Minimoto 2009-11-06 14:16

God people, you keep posting spoiler tags everywhere and I'm itched to click on them but I haven't played through the whole game yet. So far though, this seems like one of those games that has a some dark but gives a really nice ending. Sort of reminds me of Sakura's ending from FSN. Not the story but the vibe I feel might come later.

Unregistered 2009-11-06 17:02

Hi I have question to your walktrough Ascenai I got all the endings except the last one "other" but I don't know how to get that one. There seems to be a gaap in the walktrough, as save1 from which we are to load seems to be much further in the game then the one we were supposed to save. I tried to just take the last decision that was supposed trigger that ending "worry about isono" but it didn't work. I am sorry that I am vague but I din't know how to use spoiler tags and I don't want to spoil anyone.

Unregistered 2009-11-06 18:06

Well never mind now I figured it out sorry for the spam

zalas 2009-11-07 08:44

This tweet speculates that the reason Sharin no Kuni is #9 in terms of eroge sales at ErogeShop.com is because of the patch.

Ithy 2009-11-07 10:06

Well wow, this visual novel is great. i started on it today, and couldnt let it go till i finished chapter 2. The characters are interesting, and so far a great emotional story. I'm so excited to see what will happend in the next chapters, too bad i will be busy tomorrow so might not play it much :x

I love that alot of vn's get translated at the moment, i just managed to finish aoi shiro, and then this comes out.

meisnewbie 2009-11-07 17:29

Posting to complete the sunflower dev unholy alliance.

Also yesssssss at sales

zalas 2009-11-07 19:10

Well, it looks like it dropped off the top 10.

X-Calibar 2009-11-08 00:17

I would imagine most people bought their copies long ago? [was around the first partial patch for me]

Minimoto 2009-11-08 09:48

Nah, for people like me, who don't like partial patches, we wait for the full one to be released and then buy the game. I mean, sometimes, they don't even get released right?

~HyoShin~ 2009-11-08 19:17

In any case, I'm still surprised it got into the top#10 at all. Who knew that there were THAT many people awaiting this patch so eagerly? (Can't say I wasn't one of them, but still... heh, xD)

Unregistered 2009-11-08 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~HyoShin~ (Post 64230)
In any case, I'm still surprised it got into the top#10 at all. Who knew that there were THAT many people awaiting this patch so eagerly? (Can't say I wasn't one of them, but still... heh, xD)

Either that or business has gotten so slow that a small boost was enough to push the game into the top 10. Without any quantifiable data, ranking means almost nothing.

Kenn 2009-11-11 09:43

I can't be the only one that noticed the reference to Sharin HnS in Seitokai 6. =]

PS. hover your mouse again and again over Touka's icon in extras for an Easter egg.

Recca 2009-11-17 18:33

Wondering

Just completed the first playthrough but I felt the need to ask.

Is there an Eri Nagumo ending? Or Kyoko Oone ending?

Asceai 2009-11-17 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Recca (Post 64294)
Just completed the first playthrough but I felt the need to ask.

Is there an Eri Nagumo ending? Or Kyoko Oone ending?

1) In the fandisc

2) H scene in the fandisc.

Unregistered 2009-11-18 16:40

Just curious, Asceai, but what can we expect in the fan disk aside aside from what you've just told us?