gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   General News (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=7128)

Asmadi 2006-10-25 23:53

Brilliant news! Hopefully with a new brand they won't feel like having to make things to some standard of comparison and just enjoy themselves.

Is it simple to start up a new company?

DaFool 2006-10-26 11:42

The problem is that the brand image they are projecting is no different.

I can imagine stories limited to those involving girls wearing 100% white cotton panties.

They should have gone with a more generic brand image, then when that one gets successful, then spring cotton soft as a specific genre subsidiary.

AstCd2 2006-10-27 06:58

This month's Little Busters SS:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

And a feature on Leaf's new 3D RPG.

feeling_the_heart 2006-10-27 09:21

sure, i'm happy to see that all staff NNS will make cotton soft. i think the different is new style i think. thx a lot for the info.

GreatSaintLouis 2006-10-27 11:04

Is Tomo Kataoka involved with Cotton Soft, or is he mainly taking off to Stage-Nana fro here on out?

Agilis 2006-10-27 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Is Tomo Kataoka involved with Cotton Soft, or is he mainly taking off to Stage-Nana fro here on out?

The BBS on stage-nana has a post from Kataoka saying that he's not directly involved, but since he's in the same building anyways, they can come to him whenever they need advice and the like.

Misu 2006-10-27 13:27

So does that mean Tomo Kataoka is unemployed? =o.
But that cant be since hes still in the building, so whose employing him then?
(Unless stage-nana makes enough to money pay for the guys salary...)

Asmadi 2006-10-27 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstCd2
This month's Little Busters SS

Yay!

Agilis 2006-10-27 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misu

More than likely, like many business just starting out, Cottonsoft is running out of some apartment >.>

infinity 2006-10-27 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misu

He might be starting a new company or attempting to make it as a freelancer. The latter is becoming more popular amongst game industry veterans (more freedom and royalties without having to finance a studio or oversee day-to-day operations - i.e. they can accept multiple projects with various companies, while letting other people handle the back breaking work. However, some suggest that certain big-shot creators have lost their commitment to quality and are merely rushing out project plans for the sake of easy money), although I'm not sure how viable it is for this particular market yet.

Yuichi Suzumoto worked as freelance scenarist after leaving Key. However, it wasn't long before he became a company employee again. Nonetheless, I doubt that's going to discourage other heavy hitters from trying to strike it out on their own.

Carl 2006-10-27 16:35

Why doesn't someone who knows Kataoka-san email him and ask. ^_^

Agilis 2006-10-27 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Why doesn't someone who knows Kataoka-san email him and ask. ^_^

During august I exchanged an email or two with him, and it came up that he had been planning to go to LA sometime within the year. At the time I hadn't really thought much about it.

but now, looking at the nekonekosoft wiki page,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia JP
ねこねこソフトのスタッフはまた同じメンバーでゲーム制作を続けたいという意思を持っており、木緒なちを中心として『コットンソフト』という新規ブランドを立ち上げた。ただし、ねこねこソフト中心人物の片岡ともは渡米の為に離脱する事になる

It seems that he's planning to emigrate? I'm not exactly sure if it's polite to ask him about that. Though if someone helps me draft an email I wouldn't mind sending. ^^;;

Tetsurou 2006-10-27 22:11

For those that could get themself the Key/Visual Art's Comiket70 set, Key Sounds Label announced that they will release the Soundtrack for planetarian seperately later this year:

planetarian ~ Chiisana Hoshi no Yume Original Soundtrack
Catalog Number: KSLA-25 | Release Date: 2006/12/28
Price: 2,000 Yen (excl. tax)

Mangaoh has it up for pre-order here.

As good as the Soundtrack is on its own (especially with MELL's wonderful voice for "Hoshi Meguri no Uta" used) I still recommend to go for the C70 set for the very lovely planetarian illustration book though ^_~

Asmadi 2006-10-27 22:59

Heh, I haven't looked through my illustration book yet, just been listening to the OST in the car over and over again ^^;

Tetsurou 2006-10-28 00:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmadi
Heh, I haven't looked through my illustration book yet, just been listening to the OST in the car over and over again ^^;

It's a great CD isn't it? ^_^ I keep listening to "Hoshi Meguri no Uta" (guilty of being a MELL fanboy ^_~) and "Gentle Jena" (especially the extended version is *so damn lovely*).

Speaking of Key Sounds Label, Getchu lists that they're going to release the OP/ED song for Kanon as single (due to the Kyoto TV anime ver.):

Kanon OP / ED single - "Last regrets" / "Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho" by AYANA
Catalog Number: KSLA-0026 | Release Date: 2006/12/28
Price: 1,500 Yen (excl. tax)
Contains:
Track 1 - "Last regrets" Original Full chorus ver.
Track 2 - "Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho" Original Full chorus ver.
Track 3 - "Last regrets" TV anime short ver.
Track 4 - "Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho" TV anime short ver.
Track 5 - "Last regrets" 2006 memorial mix
Track 6 - "Kaze no Tadori Tsuku Basho" 2006 memorial mix

Plus for fellow BL game fans who already fell in love with the music of Nitro+ CHiRAL's latest soft (released yesterday in Japan *and hopefully my Mangaoh order with the game will be shipped soon*) Lamento ~ BEYOND THE VOID, HOBiRECORDS already announced the Soundtrack release (also within 2006):

Lamento ~ BEYOND THE VOID Soundtrack - The World Devoid Of Emotion
Catalog Number: HBD7 | Release Date: 2006/11/24
Price: 3,333 Yen (excl. tax) | 2 disc set
Cover art by Tatanakana (the games chara designer)

This, Kanon, the Alicematic Soundtrack, Lia's second Album released in a few days plus the I've Sound releases for this year...I guess I should declare bankruptcy already -.-