gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   General News (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=7128)

Haeleth 2006-06-26 01:23

That, at least, was easily verifiable.
Sigh... let's hope that kind of thing doesn't become a habit. :/

GreatSaintLouis 2006-06-26 02:05

I'm not sure what to make of this Alison game yet with such a relative lack of info, but I'm all for the idea of a bona fide visual novel on the DS. I mean, Trace Memory and Phoenix Wright have come close, but they're not quite the same. I'm completely unfamiliar with the light novels that the game is based on but... well, I guess I'm hoping this will set some sort of precedent so that the PSP isn't the only portable getting decent visual novel games.

2006-06-26 04:25

You have to hold the DS sideways to play these.

Crazy.

Edit:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1...kibunko1dc.jpg

Looks kind of awkward, but I guess it probably isn't too bad if you get used to it.

The only real advantages I can think of are the extras (if you really like the ranobe) and the backlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anonymous
No you suck bitch... I'm using Firefox.

So am I, mister Look-At-Me-Mommy-I-Can-Swear-Online-That-Means-I'm-All-Grown-Up-Now.

Carl 2006-06-26 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgwtflolz
You have to hold the DS sideways to play these.

Crazy.

Edit:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1...kibunko1dc.jpg

Looks kind of awkward, but I guess it probably isn't too bad if you get used to it.

Clever. Not sure how smart it is to put the buttons at the top and the D-pad at the bottom, though.

2006-06-26 04:46

Judging from the icons at the bottom of the touch screen, I assume that you won't need the buttons and D-pad.

Carl 2006-06-26 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgwtflolz
Judging from the icons at the bottom of the touch screen, I assume that you won't need the buttons and D-pad.

Oh yeah, the touchscreen... ^_^;

guest 2006-06-27 21:44

電撃G'sマガジン8月号購入。

・SS
おにぎり伯爵
名字も名前も同じ漢字がある作家
探偵役がトイレの名前みたい

・4コマ
致死量
お兄ちゃん大好き
美魚ビュー

・フィギュア企画がスタート(次号より)
・サイン色紙プレゼント(次号)
・SS新シリーズは10月号から再開

AstCd2 2006-06-27 23:24

For those who can't read Japanese, relevantly:
- from the next issue onwards, G's will be stepping up their Little Busters promotional campaign with figures and signed illustrations.
- there'll be more short stories, starting with the issue after the next.

Also: this month's Little Busters story.

AstCd2 2006-06-28 02:58

Key Staff Diary Updated
http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/blog/

GreatSaintLouis 2006-06-28 12:44

Is it just me, or is Key's ad campaign for this title much more massive than their last few endeavors? Granted, I wasn't really part of the community for Kanon, Air, and Clannad, but I don't remember this sort of hype and hubbub over Planetarian or Tomoyo After, or even the Air anime/movie.

Carl 2006-06-28 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Is it just me, or is Key's ad campaign for this title much more massive than their last few endeavors? Granted, I wasn't really part of the community for Kanon, Air, and Clannad, but I don't remember this sort of hype and hubbub over Planetarian or Tomoyo After, or even the Air anime/movie.

Well it is their first full game since Clannad.

Casting my mind back, I can't remember any great marketing blitz over Clannad, so maybe they felt Clannad's sales suffered because of that?

AstCd2 2006-06-28 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Is it just me, or is Key's ad campaign for this title much more massive than their last few endeavors? Granted, I wasn't really part of the community for Kanon, Air, and Clannad, but I don't remember this sort of hype and hubbub over Planetarian or Tomoyo After, or even the Air anime/movie.

No doubt about that - and this is even before we've heard a release date. I imagine Maeda is feeling some pressure from upstairs after the relatively lackluster sales of Tomoyo After.

This month's G's articles and short story (better scans):
1 | 2 | 3 | 4

Carl 2006-06-28 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstCd2
No doubt about that - and this is even before we've heard a release date. I imagine Maeda is feeling some pressure from upstairs after the relatively lackluster sales of Tomoyo After.

How much freedom does Maeda-san have in the running of Key, I wonder? Does Baba-san run the show, or is the group mainly autonomous?

AstCd2 2006-06-28 19:53

This month's Little Busters 4koma.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

zalas 2006-06-28 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl
Casting my mind back, I can't remember any great marketing blitz over Clannad, so maybe they felt Clannad's sales suffered because of that?

Well, other than the whole CLANYAD and the preCLANNAD book...


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 20:04.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.