gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion > How's ADVFilms doing?

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Thread: How's ADVFilms doing? Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
2008-02-04 04:32
<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-02-04/shogakukans-masakazu-kubo-offers-proposal-on-fansubs">It would appear even the Japanese industries are starting to consider hiring fansubbers to do professional work as a viable possibility for addressing the digital issues.</a>
2008-02-03 23:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
Gee, I hope they don't waste too much money on that. Only 1% of television owners own a Blu-Ray player, and I don't see any reason that will change in the next ten years.
I would predict that Blu-Ray has heavy market penetration within the next 5 years.
2008-02-03 22:33
I think its probably more that a lot of ADVs recent licenses, and upcoming anime titles are slated for bluray release in japan. Also there are plenty of PS3 owners, which is another BluRay player. Who knows, maybe they plan to try and grab money with the Utaware BluRay. Anyways, I don't think the declaration means much other than they've chosen the format that is the obvious best choice between the two for them. That and they can charge more for BluRay releases than DVD.
2008-02-03 22:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Looks like ADV has decided to go Blu-Ray: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ition-releases

Now everyone can watch upscales of old shows.
I thought ADV was in shit with the licensing issues/fees? They still have money to handle this thing?
2008-02-03 22:07
Shii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Looks like ADV has decided to go Blu-Ray: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ition-releases

Now everyone can watch upscales of old shows.
Gee, I hope they don't waste too much money on that. Only 1% of television owners own a Blu-Ray player, and I don't see any reason that will change in the next ten years.
2008-02-01 10:00
Moogy Looks like ADV has decided to go Blu-Ray: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ition-releases

Now everyone can watch upscales of old shows.
2008-01-31 20:36
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
Your point being? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Clannad over here as well, but ADV isn't the only distributor for English language anime. Though the prospect of another group picking up Clannad or similar titles might be a bit of a stretch.
Well, if ADV isn't going to take risks on these types of anime then I'm not sure who else would with the state the anime industry is in. I guess Funimation maybe? Or maybe we'll get a subbed only released the companies that, um, only do subs mostly now (I forget their name).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Yeah, I know.

I was making fun of the mispronunciation of "Haruhi" in the trailer for the Kanon dub.
Sorry, I haven't been following anime for the last 2 months so I didn't get the joke. But I just looked it up on youtube and...wow.
2008-01-31 17:14
rg4619
Quote:
Officially, ADV says they're doing fine and will continue to release all their titles, despite current "challenges".
To clarify, ADV says that their intention is to continue with upcoming releases (hence the execs are working around the clock to deal with the mess). However, what actually happens is still up in the air.
2008-01-31 15:54
<a href="http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-30/adv-films-removes-titles-from-website-update-2">Officially</a>, ADV says they're doing fine and will continue to release all their titles, despite current "challenges".
2008-01-31 13:39
Moogy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It was Bandai that released Hurahi.
Yeah, I know.

I was making fun of the mispronunciation of "Haruhi" in the trailer for the Kanon dub.
2008-01-31 13:09
boggart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
It was Bandai that released Hurahi. But this situation is worrying because of ADV's rights to Air and Kanon. This also points to them no longer taking any risks, so the possibility of Clannad and Little Busters! being licensed by them is very low.
Your point being? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Clannad over here as well, but ADV isn't the only distributor for English language anime. Though the prospect of another group picking up Clannad or similar titles might be a bit of a stretch.
2008-01-31 12:17
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
No more Hurahi.
It was Bandai that released Hurahi. But this situation is worrying because of ADV's rights to Air and Kanon. This also points to them no longer taking any risks, so the possibility of Clannad and Little Busters! being licensed by them is very low.
2008-01-30 10:59
zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Calibar View Post
Ah... That's a horrible reason to be happy. If buisness had been booming maybe I'd be enjoying selections like the bluray Utawarerumono collection :O
[could import it for only 499$! with no english subtitles... grahhhhh]
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B000XJJMHA/
26% off, comes with Japanese and English audio as well as English subs.
So this is probably around twice what you would pay for a full Utaware R1 set.
2008-01-30 06:50
Moogy No more Hurahi.
2008-01-30 05:03
GipFace This is retarded. There must be some internal politics or contract dispute going on.

I saw 5cm/sec on Anime Network on Demand last week (to my surprise), and I thought the dub was very well done. Kanon is up to episode 6. If they could show their stuff on ANoD one month in advance before the R1 release, what are they waiting for?
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 21:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.