gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help > Kirikiri patching troubles

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Thread: Kirikiri patching troubles Reply to Thread
Your Username: Click here to log in
Random Question
Title:
  
Message:
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
 

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options

Topic Review (Newest First)
2013-05-08 01:07
Unregistered Sorry for the double post

A few other details. I was able to unpack them with Kikiriki, but got gibberish instead of the script. I tried just repacking these files to patch.xp3, but that caused the same error.

I tried to hook Kikiriki with the exe and the tmp file, but then there is an error message (not a vaild kirikiri exe) so I can't repack with Kikiriki.
2013-05-07 22:25
Unregistered Hi and thanks for the reply!

The game is Taishou Mebiusline.

I don't know if it's relevant , but the xp3 files could only be opened by xp3viewer (it and every other program says "this archive is protected", but xp3viewer was still able to extract). Once data.xp3 is extracted the text files are in SJIS format and aren't encrypted.
2013-03-18 21:54
Unregistered
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryn View Post
Hello,

I've been trying to patch a game that uses the Kirikiri engine with one script file that I have added a little English to to try. I have tried packing it with the Kirikiri tools into patch.xp3, but when I try to run the game with the patch I get a "fatal error" about ANSI not being able to be converted into Unicode, etc.

I have tried converting the script file into unicode and also leaving it in SJIS, but the problem was not solved. I'm hoping that somebody can give me a little bit of advise here! I would be very grateful.
that depends on what game your packing with... can you give specific details
2013-03-18 19:46
zryn Hello,

I've been trying to patch a game that uses the Kirikiri engine with one script file that I have added a little English to to try. I have tried packing it with the Kirikiri tools into patch.xp3, but when I try to run the game with the patch I get a "fatal error" about ANSI not being able to be converted into Unicode, etc.

I have tried converting the script file into unicode and also leaving it in SJIS, but the problem was not solved. I'm hoping that somebody can give me a little bit of advise here! I would be very grateful.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 14:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.