gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-08-06, 19:35
Local

Send a message via MSN to neo-kun
Default i got Air movie

yay for me
Old 2005-08-06, 21:03

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Ah ha, but did you get either the collector's edition or special edition? The special edition packaging is nice...
Old 2005-08-07, 08:09
Addicted

Do tell, how is it? I'm on the fence about purchasing the regular edition, but I want to make absolutely sure that it's any good before plunking down the amount of money required for it. Give us the details! ^_^
Old 2005-08-07, 09:08

I'm too busy to actually watch it now -.-;;
Old 2005-08-07, 09:10
Ex-boss

Too busy to watch a film? On a Sunday? What are you, a bishop or something? :p
Old 2005-08-07, 09:21

I have two projects for class I need to be finishing up, along with writing 10 peer reviews for seminars -.-;;
Old 2005-08-07, 16:14
Local

Send a message via MSN to neo-kun

xnab bayl ncrnef bapr naq zvantv bayl ncrnef 2 gvzrf!!!

i might watch it again, see if i understand it more
Old 2005-08-07, 17:05

Well, just watched it. I really like the music and the effects they use on the movie to give it a sorta weird ethereal yet comfy look. However, the repeat effect gets a bit annoying after a while. The OP and ED were also diced up, and I have to say the OP dice up is a little less jarring, but still jarring none-the-less, and the ED dice up is pretty poorly done. It just doesn't *flow*. I wonder if the karaoke version of IF WINGS COULD FLY is on any CD... because it was really beautiful.

Naq nyfb, gur jnl gur zbivr pnzr bhg unf vgf hcf naq qbjaf. Gur cnenyyry fgehpgher bs Xnaan'f fgbel naq Zvfhmh'f fgbel jnf cerggl avpr, OHG gurl unq gb unzzre n ebhaq crt vagb n fdhner ubyr gb qb vg, guhf fbegn xvyyvat gur bevtvany fgbel.

And oh yeah, they should make actual episodes of that Cbgngb show :D
Old 2005-08-10, 15:22
Local

I saw it. Chinese fansubbed.

While the animation was quite nice, I didn't like how they used so many cutscenes to forward the plot. I also didn't like how Minagi, Michiru, and Kano were given barely any screentime.

What I DID like was how the story flowed better... and the romance in the movie made the ending much sadder (for me, at least). And hey, at least they played Aozora!
Old 2005-08-14, 07:20
adun50

just watched the movie myself. I found it quite enjoyable. although different to the game and TV series it made some good changes. the animation I liked but the effects do get rather dull after a while. though needed more Minagi, Kano, Michiru, and Potato!

the story flowed quite well. even with a few fast forwards, it flowed nicely. but comparing this to the TV series, they are both equally good, but most people would probably be disappointed if they watched the TV series first. if they watched the movie as a standalone, they may think differently.
Old 2005-08-20, 07:09
mr.aufziehvogel

i watched the movie yesterday. and i am fascinated. what kind of technique did they use to create these cool sun effects? i like air much (but i've never played the game ...no japanese :(

but i loved the movie. i think it's much much sader than the series. i also don't like that minag ietc. didn't really show up (just a little scene or so), but the story and the feeling in the movie is really good. at the ending song, i was not far from crying :P
Old 2005-08-20, 14:47
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

I dont know, watching the movie a second time, I noticed how many times the used the sun flare/lense flair, it actually kinda got a little annoying on me. They should have probably diversified their effects a bit more, at least in my opinion.
Old 2005-09-05, 12:43
Regular

I noticed that the FIRST time I watched it. But overall it's not bad. Very different though.

And I thought the focus on only one story is a good thing. It made the cameos even better =)
Old 2005-09-28, 06:00
Local

Sorry to revive an old topic ^_^;;

But does the Air movie DVD have english subs? I figured it wouldn't have, but somewhere I read something that made me suspect otherwise.

What does the special edition include by the way?
Old 2005-09-28, 06:27
omgwtflolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu
I dont know, watching the movie a second time, I noticed how many times the used the sun flare/lense flair, it actually kinda got a little annoying on me. They should have probably diversified their effects a bit more, at least in my opinion.
I like that effect. Gives the show a distinct feel. Artsy.