gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-03-07, 00:12
Visitor

Send a message via ICQ to Kylon Send a message via MSN to Kylon
Default Kanon Drama CDs? Anyone?

I was just wondering if anyone here has listened to the Kanon drama CDs? Not just the original drama CDs featuring the game's story but the Anthology series, especially the Akiko series...

Akiko no asa gohan,
Akiko no ban gohan,
Akiko no Tea Time.

Those are the ones I have for now but they're quite entertaining already.

For those who haven't heard, the Akiko series features the skits they used for the Kanon Minase Sanchi radio program a few years ago. The skits were recompiled into 5 CDs and are mostly humorous in nature.

Some of my favorite parts are the reoccuring theme where Mishio Amano... 'falls' for Yuuichi and how she subsequently surprises him (off his chair) by showing up unexpectedly all the time.

But my two favorite scenes are of Kaori; one where Akiko threatens her and Yuuichi with her Jam and Yuuichi pulls her away, wrinkling her blouse. Kawasumi Ayako (seiyuu for Kaori) does a great job of screaming at Yuuichi. 8)

The other is where Kitigawa and Yuuichi (overact and) cry when Kaori catches them not studying... and I think Kawasumi Ayako can't help but laugh herself during that scene as well. 8)

Anyways... so... anyone else listen to these? I can't think of anywhere else on the net to ask about something like this. 8)
Old 2005-03-07, 00:53
Addicted

I must confess that I haven't heard them myself, but I hear that more than one background character became fan favourites as a result of them.

On a related note, fans of Minase-sanchi can take heart in the news that a neat little CD titled 水瀬さんちと五つの話 will be bundled as an extra with the Kanon TV box set. I'm not entirely sure whether this is a new recording or just a recompilation of the earlier ones, but it sounds like a decidedly good thing to have.

Link:
http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?id=0000000017
Old 2005-03-07, 07:41
Obsessive

I heard about drama CDs but not about this... but now suddenly your talking about it make me wants it all! Drama CDs, comedy CDs, you name it! :)

Slipgate
Old 2005-03-07, 16:55
Staff

Hell, I'd go for most anything that's Kanon-related and which is considerably good. Especially stuff with Ayu on or in it. <3

Where do you find these CDs, though?
Old 2005-03-07, 17:00
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritsnare
Where do you find these CDs, though?
All the usual places have them... Amazon and so on. Five disks at 3000 yen apiece = £100 for the full set, though... O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstCd2
I'm not entirely sure whether this is a new recording or just a recompilation of the earlier ones...
The contents list does not have any titles in common with the contents lists for the five seperately available CDs, so it may well be a new recording. Or episodes from the radio that never made it onto disk, if there were any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon
...the Akiko series...
I see disk 4 has 名探偵水瀬秋子さんの事件簿 (The Case-book of Famous Detective Akiko Minase)... presumably the series producers decided on a job for her, then. ;)
Old 2005-03-07, 18:07

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

And through suitable application of "Mystery Jam," she solves all her mysteries efficiently!
Old 2005-03-07, 18:51
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
All the usual places have them... [Link to Amazon.co.jp] and so on. Five disks at 3000 yen apiece = £100 for the full set, though... O_o
I typically buy from cdjapan.co.jp but its pretty much full price there. Like you said... ouch.. my wallet still hurts.

CDJapan is good if you can't deal with the Japanese though. However, Amazon.co.jp does sell old or re-used CDs which are cheaper. You'll need a Japanese address to send them to... if you have any friends in Japan you can save a bit of money. (Still have to ship them from Japan so calculate your costs. 8) )

Quote:
I see disk 4 has 名探偵水瀬秋子さんの事件簿 (The Case-book of Famous Detective Akiko Minase)... presumably the series producers decided on a job for her, then. ;)
aCk! Disc 4 had a bonus track for the first press. First press is sold out at CDJapan. 8)

If this helps, these Akiko-san anthology drama CDs are

MACP-1006
MACP-1007
MACP-1014
MACP-1015
MACP-1016

The other Anthology CDs are what they say 'side-stories' but as far as I can tell, they're background stories before during and after? the Kanon anime/game. (Er.. maybe that's what side story means after all. o.O)

For example they talk about Kaori meeting Makoto just as she... er.. 'came into town', before she hunts down Yuuichi.

*** 質問タイム ***
Ok, so now that I've determined that (hopefully) some of you have this... the question is... on CD 5 of the Akiko-san series, Akiko-san no Tea Time...

Track 13, Mishio no dairi seito, near the end (4:20), Yuuichi says something:

[Yuuichi] "Kimi no oya-san **au** naccha."
[Amano] "Eh? Watshi no... oya ni? Masaka!"
[Yuuichi] "Chigau."
[Amano] "Suteki. Suteki! Suteki!!"
(and then Amano goes off into her own little world while Yuuichi leaves.)

What did Yuuichi say? I can't quite hear or figure it out. Did he just say he met her parents? There doesn't seem to be context to understand this from the rest of the CD. Maybe it happened on disc 4 that I still don't have... grrr.

On retrospect... that would make Amano go off into her own little world after all. 8)
Old 2005-03-08, 00:21

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

For some reason, I read that as "your parents started saying 'auuuu'" -_-;;
Old 2005-03-08, 01:50
Addicted

Now, if they'd only hurry up and make 神尾さんち =P
(霧島さんち or 岡崎さんち would also be acceptable).
Old 2005-03-08, 13:47
AzureLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstCd2
Now, if they'd only hurry up and make 神尾さんち =P
Wow~ the demands, the demands...
Old 2005-03-10, 09:01
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon
aCk! Disc 4 had a bonus track for the first press. First press is sold out at CDJapan. 8)
They all did, I believe... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon also
Ok, so now that I've determined that (hopefully) some of you have this... the question is... on CD 5 of the Akiko-san series, Akiko-san no Tea Time...
[see above for the quote in question]
Given Amano's usual reactions in this series, might it be a reference to meeting the parents as a step towards arranging a marriage? I don't have #5, so I can't check your transcription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanwhile, AstCd2
Wouldn't 岡崎さんち just consist of Tomoya and his poor father ignoring each other? Hardly the stuff of which comedy is made. :p

Now, if you'd said 古河さんち... ☆_☆
Old 2005-03-10, 12:30
Addicted

Quote:
Now, if you'd said 古河さんち... ☆_☆
What I actually had in mind was the post-final ending 岡崎さんち lineup, but 古河さんち isn't without it's own charms =P
Old 2005-03-10, 12:40
Ex-boss

Oh, those Okazakis. That makes more sense.
Old 2005-03-14, 00:11
Visitor

So, has anyone else listened to the Drama CDs then? Any of them? Obviously Haeleth has. 8)

What do people think? Comments? Questions? Recommendations?

I'm trying to continue the discussion here since... there's no place else in the world where I could discuss something like this (in English) I think. 8)
Old 2005-03-25, 05:29
Ex-boss

Recommendations? Anyone who understands Japanese and hasn't listened to these should at least try it. ;)

You've prompted me to complete my collection, but I haven't had time to listen to the lot yet...
Closed Thread