gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-08-10, 11:20
Unregistered

Default The Gang Rape Club has been released by Dark Translations

Happen to notice that Dark Translations released The Gang Rape Club
http://www.darktranslations.com/news/Gang%20Rape%20Club
Old 2008-08-10, 13:28
Regular

Fantastic.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:36
Unregistered

Hey, I'm happy about this. It's been on my radar ever since I finished Taimanin Asagi a while back. I really like this translator because he delivers in a timely manner. The games he does are a nice change of pace from what normally gets fan translated.
Old 2008-08-10, 20:39
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaioShin View Post
Fantastic.
I am going to take this as you being too overwhelmed with amazement to type anything more energetic.

I am happy there is actually a translator who finishes up (presumably short?) projects in a timely manner with no drama :3 I will probably never play this game, but this is good news among the usual "blah blah blah needs a translator".
Old 2008-08-10, 21:19
Unregistered

-_-; This is going to be quite the handicap for anyone trying to convince other people that visual novels aren't just about sex. It seems like the type of thing that would cause people who are somewhat curious about the genre to abandon the fandom and never look back.
Old 2008-08-11, 07:16
Unregistered

right, guess the ones that you try to convince also decided that books was a bad media after reading one with a theme they disliked
Old 2008-08-11, 12:14
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyuichi View Post
I am going to take this as you being too overwhelmed with amazement to type anything more energetic.
or he could be typing with one hand if you know what I mean. xD
Old 2008-08-11, 15:06

lol I think I like the layout of their site more than the actual game, but score one more for the translation community
Old 2008-08-12, 23:31
Unregistered

Guys there is already a torrent labelled "[ENGLISH H-GAME]Taimamin Asegi Perfect Version" which is this patch with the game included already. Depending on which side of the warez war you are on, you may be interested to know.
Old 2008-08-13, 01:18
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerccio View Post
or he could be typing with one hand if you know what I mean. xD
Nooo, he got me >_<
Old 2008-08-13, 17:53
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guys there is already a torrent labelled "[ENGLISH H-GAME]Taimamin Asegi Perfect Version" which is this patch with the game included already. Depending on which side of the warez war you are on, you may be interested to know.
I cannot see why you would bother to mention this (the full torrent name no less) unless you were intending to encourage piracy which is discouraged in this forum.

The fact is everything gets pirated. Those who give a damn buy it anyhow.
Old 2008-08-15, 11:57
Unregistered

Quote:
-_-; This is going to be quite the handicap for anyone trying to convince other people that visual novels aren't just about sex. It seems like the type of thing that would cause people who are somewhat curious about the genre to abandon the fandom and never look back.
Nothing wrong with sex, peoples need to be a bit more tolerants about this.
Old 2008-08-15, 15:41
Unregistered

>Nothing wrong with sex, peoples need to be a bit more tolerants about this.

Well, this game is not about sex, it's about raping women as violently as possible (it's also not translated well either, think ATLAS with the really big wrinkles ironed out).
Old 2008-08-15, 16:30
Regular

Quote:
Nothing wrong with sex, peoples need to be a bit more tolerants about this.
Nothing wrong with disposing of body waste, people need to be a bit more tolerant about this. Embrace the beauty of bowel movements, lol.

On a more serios note, there is nothing wrong about any natural physiological act, including disposing of body waste. However, despite its being a perfectly natural act, it is still (well, at least it was the last time I checked) considered a private matter.

Sex is a delicate matter and it's easy to cross the line between tasteful and distasteful when dealing with it (I'm referring to depiction of it, in case you thought of something else). And when dealt with improperly, it becomes a turn-off for some people including yours truly. My two cents.
Old 2008-08-15, 18:26

Quote:
Well, this game is not about sex, it's about raping women as violently as possible (it's also not translated well either, think ATLAS with the really big wrinkles ironed out).
Out of all the positive feedback I have received regarding the translation quality (aside from typos and minor nitpicking), this is the first time hearing that it's comparable to Atlas, which is rather insulting to say the least.

I am by no means a professional translator nor do I claim to be, and I freely admit I am still learning Japanese and thus still make mistakes from time to time, but I take tremendous pride in knowing that the translation work that I'm doing is leagues ahead of what any machine translation is capable of.

I would encourage anyone who finds faults with my translations to post in my forum so that I may correct and learn from them.