gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2007-08-22, 03:14
Serke

Default Bugfix patches for Kana Little Sister and Castle Fantasia 2 R

I've made two bugfix patches, one for Kana Little Sister (fixes the notorious BGM bug) and the other for Castle Fantasia 2 Renewal (fixes the bug that causes the game to crash randomly when PCM is used - the bug is present in Japanese versions (ver.1.00 and ver.1.01) and inherited by English version by BTAxis). Just wanted to know if anybody here could be possibly interested in these patches. I don't suppose they could be put on VisualNews since there's no appropriate section for such patches on the site.

EDIT (10.10.2009):

For the latest version of Kana -Little Sister- BGM patch, look here.
You can get Castle Fantasia 2 Renewal patch here.

Last edited by Serke; 2009-10-10 at 10:13.
Old 2007-08-24, 11:37
Visitor

really? i am interested in bug fix patch for castle fantasia 2 renewal. could you send me one? i'll pm u my email address.
Old 2007-08-26, 11:37
Visitor

thought i give my feedback to you about castle fantasia 2 renewal. the patch is great! i no longer bump into those annyoing crash caused by ntdll.dll xD

thank you very much!
Old 2007-09-10, 15:34
Unregistered

would you mind posting it or uploading it on some link? im sure loads would love to have it :)
Old 2007-09-10, 15:38
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Yeah, for now Serke, just upload both patches as attachments to the forums.

Sorry for not responding to your PM promptly, been out of internet and fairly busy the last two weeks.
Old 2007-09-10, 16:51
Serke

Misu
Well, there is a problem: the size of each of the files slightly exceeds the forum's max filesize limit.
Old 2007-09-11, 14:27
inferno

Smile great!

The CF2R patch really helped me out. Before patching my game crashed a lot. Now it crashed only once while I played the aria route.

Here are several more tips that may help you run CF2R without crashes:

- Set CF2.exe to run in Windows98/ME compatibility mode
- Run the program with AppLocale(I used AppLocale) or set your system to JP unicode.

Launcher Settings
- "Fullscreen", "16-bit color", and "Use Software Rendering" Enabled.
OR
- "Use Software Rendering" with everything else disabled for window mode.

Sound Settings
- All sound enabled, "Music source = PCM", and "Voice Skip = Validate enabled"

Window Color Settings
- Use the default settings

Effects
- Characters = "Use transition blending", "Smooth Edges" Enabled. Background = "Use transition blending" enabled.
- Disable all options when lots of crashes still occur
Old 2007-09-14, 12:08
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Patch for CF2:
http://downloads.visualnews.net/patc...gfix_Patch.zip

Kanna patch coming soon.
Old 2007-09-15, 12:48
Unregistered

I'm really interested in a patch to Kana. No background music!
Old 2007-09-15, 13:18
Visitor

Hi there.

Is there a bugfix for background music in Kana Little Sister? Could you please upload a fix if you got one? Would like to play the game with music!

Thanks in advance!
Old 2007-09-15, 15:09
Serke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
Hi there.

Is there a bugfix for background music in Kana Little Sister? Could you please upload a fix if you got one? Would like to play the game with music!

Thanks in advance!
Please try the prepatched exe:
http://rapidshare.com/files/55654417/KANAUS.zip.html

and after that please leave a feedback. It looks like the patch is unable to solve the problem in some cases (even though there's clearly a bug in the game that prevents BGM from playing and the patch fixes it). I'm trying to find the cause of it but considering that I was unable to reproduce the problem with BGM not working in patched game on my 2 PCs... well, to be honest, my chances of succeeding in this are pretty slim. So for now I'd like to gather some sort of statistics if possible.

Last edited by Serke; 2007-09-15 at 15:21.
Old 2007-10-06, 02:23
Visitor

Thanks for the castle fantasia patch, I wasn't really looking for it but it might come in handy later.
About Kana music problem, I believe that problem only occurs if you play using a cd image on a virtual drive instead of the original cd.
The game tries to read the music from your true cd/dvd drive.
To correct this, reassign the virtual drive letter as the first cd drive.
Old 2007-10-14, 12:17
Unregistered

Default kana little sister sound?

do you think you could try posting the bgm fix patch somewhere? I tried the posted patch but that didn't work...
Old 2007-10-23, 04:31
Serke

I'm currently working on a new patch (which is actually more like a hack) that will 'teach' Kana to play compressed audio (OGG, MP3) and/or WAVs. It will use SDL_mixer library functions to play its music instead of MCI commands that original game uses to play CD-DA. You'll have to rip the audio tracks, convert them to the desired format and place all the audio files in 'CD' subdirectory in your game directory. Hopefully that will solve the BGM problem once and for all.

Last edited by Serke; 2007-10-23 at 04:39.
Old 2007-10-28, 20:10
Unregistered

Hello, I tried your patch for kana but it did not work and the cd drive was set to the first one. Good luck on finishing the patch.