gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-03-03, 21:16

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default [spoilers] AIR TV Discussion #4: AIR [I'm gonna flour ya!]

Starting a new thread for discussion from the last part of Episode 9 onwards. Please use http://forums.haeleth.net/viewtopic.php?t=193 for discussion SUMMER related events (main parts of episode 8 and 9 and the last parts of episode 7)

AIR TV Official Homepage: http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/
AIR TV DVD Purchase Links:
1: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007D5J2Y/
2: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TKPI6/
3: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007TKPIG/
4: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007URZAQ/
5: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007URZB0/
6: http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007URZBA/
Old 2005-03-04, 00:58
Keisuke

V pna urne Fben'f ibvpr!!! V pna ernyyl urne!!!
Old 2005-03-04, 02:35
Ex-boss

I see they're following their same policy of making blindingly obvious in the anime that which one only realises gradually in the game. Or maybe it just looks blindingly obvious with hindsight...?

The next-episode teaser looks VERY promising. Looks like they're going to include the bit with Potato! Piko piko wa~i! (I hope they don't leave out That CG...)
Old 2005-03-04, 03:25

For some reason, I remember that Potato scene from DREAM, and not AIR :/
Old 2005-03-04, 07:57
Keisuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
For some reason, I remember that Potato scene from DREAM, and not AIR :/
I can't remember for 100%, but I think scene which Sora encounters Potato comes up in AIR, if you (Yukito) decide to hear Haruko's 'backyard' story during the prologue scenario of the game.
Old 2005-03-04, 08:02
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
I see they're following their same policy of making blindingly obvious in the anime that which one only realises gradually in the game. Or maybe it just looks blindingly obvious with hindsight...?
It's definitely a very non-subtle hint, but I think the hindsight makes players of the game much more aware and sure of fact that what's happening is indeed happening, while non-players would be having a good time just poundering about whether "it" really did happen.

Either way I don't think it was a bad call to do it, because it ended the episode on a very good note and ob yet another cliffhanger.
Old 2005-03-10, 10:28
Addicted

I hope I'm not being too dense for not getting 'it' quite yet...

The DVD boxart for the series is absolutely gorgeous - it's just too bad that 6 or so $45 region 2 DVDs is not quite a good financial investment right now. -_-
Old 2005-03-10, 10:41
Irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
I hope I'm not being too dense for not getting 'it' quite yet...
That's not being "dense". That's being "financially responsible". ^_^

[Edit: oops. I got totally mixed up about which 'it' you were referring to -_-]

Fortunately, the AIR DVD's should remain on sale for at least the foreseeable future :)
Old 2005-03-10, 18:11

Just watched episode 10. I'm actually glad for once at the way they used speed to get through redundant scenes. :) However, I do miss some of Sora's commentary that was in the game but absent in the anime, and also the bleaching incident (if I remember correctly). Oh well, can't have everything :)

Episode 10 Spoilers:
Gur jnl gurl unaqyrq ure grzcre gnagehz jbexrq ernyyl jryy, naq vg'f xvaq bs shaal ubj vg ybbxf yvxr Zvantv fpnerq Fben bss ol bssrevat uvz n cynpr gb fgnl, naq nyfb gur snpg gung n fvzvyne bssre jnf cerfragrq gb Lhxvgb orsber, V guvax. Naq orsber Lhxvgb'f erirnyrq, vg'f xvaq bs shaal ubj lbh qba'g frr uvf snpr ng nyy :Q Ubjrire, V qba'g dhvgr erzrzore Lhxvgb gryyvat Zvfhmh nobhg abg tvivat hc hagvy lbh ernpu lbhe tbny, gubhtu zl zvaq'f xvaqn shmml nobhg vg.
Old 2005-03-12, 10:58
Keisuke

I really liked Sora's class room scene XP

Judging by the next episode preview, I believe I will need a tissues right next to me when I watch the rest of AIR Anime. -_-
Old 2005-03-12, 13:54

Just realized that it wasn't bleach, but flour -_-;;;
edited thread title <_< >_>
Old 2005-03-12, 17:59
AzureLight

At long, long last, I finally caught up with the raws >D;

ウルトラハッピー~

((EDIT: I nearly made an even greater mistake by clicking on the New Topic button instead of the Post Reply button... dang it, whenever I'm here I never get it right...))
Old 2005-03-13, 18:05
Ex-boss

Found time to watch it... ;_;

Possibly still a tad too rushed. I have to agree that a full treatment of AIR would probably have ended up seeming too repetitive, but even so, at this pace - and considering how much of the rest was in the preview of ep. 11 - it's hard to see what's going to be left for ep. 12! Surely they're not planning to stretch the goal scene out to a full episode, complete with a 25-minute extended version of "Aozora"?

Sora == too goofy. It's something in the voice, I think... in the game he seemed to have a modicum of dignity, but the anime version might as well be a Disney sidekick. Fortunately Misuzu more than makes up for it. They've really gone all-out on her...

I shall never forgive the heartless bastard who decided to cut this (mild game spoiler, except not really as we already talked about it above).

BTW, this time's preview has more spoilers than previous ones. Not that they haven't already made most of the plot a lot more explicit<sup>*</sup> than it was in the game, so that may not be a big problem.

* Not like that, naughty.
Old 2005-03-13, 20:37

Uez... V qba'g erzrzore gung sernxl Cbgngb cvp va gur QP irefvba, ohg V erzrzore gur fprar. Qvq gurl gnxr gung PT bhg? =C
Old 2005-03-15, 04:52
Visitor

My prediction on how the next 2 episode will be laid out:

Va rcvfbqr 11 vg jvyy pbire Zvfhmh fybjyl ybfvat ure zrzbel, Gnpuvonan nccrnef naq znxrf gurve 3 qnl cebzvfr, Unehxb gelvat irel uneq gb cynl jvgu ure, naq gur ynfg 5 be fb zvahgrf jvyy or gur ornpu fprar. Raqf ba n frzv-ubcrshy abgr. :c

Va rcvfbqr 12, fcraq svefg unys be fb qrnyvat jvgu gur zngfhev orvat envarq bhg, gura tb gb gur fuevar sbe gur qvabfnhe tenoovat fprar. Ynfg unys tbrf vagb gur snzbhf tbny fprar, gura cbffvoyl n fubeg rcvybthr jvgu Unehxb, Gnpuvonan, naq Fben svanyyl sylvat bss.
Closed Thread