gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-28, 05:59
Local

Ok, I've put together a readable version of the Konomi route. However it includes *just* the Konomi parts, and very little of the shared scenes. The scenes are not as independent as you might think. That means that even if you play through the game and just select Konomi, you will only get half the game in English. Bear in mind that it is only 10% of the total text. Before I release anything I'd like to know if there are people who would test that or not since it almost spoils the game. I spotted only one bug when I tried to zip through the game so I already know about it, but it plays on afterwards beyond that scene. If there are any takers, please raise your hands now and I'll upload somewhere and give instructions.
Old 2009-05-28, 10:16
Local

mmm i might be interested, but wait, the route is not complete? or the game would end in a cliffhanger?
Old 2009-05-28, 13:09
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoNegro View Post
mmm i might be interested, but wait, the route is not complete? or the game would end in a cliffhanger?
The route ends in hard core sex of course.

What I mean is every 2nd scene will still have Japanese writing, but you can play it through to the end if you keep selecting Konomi.
Old 2009-05-28, 14:04
Local

then that's fine for me, i would like to participate, where can i contact you?
Old 2009-05-28, 15:53

GateNegro. The closest comparison to the format of this game among English VNs would be Da Capo. Basically there is an overall plot(a thin one if you ask me) where you get to pick a heroine at particular times so you spend more time with her. And these heroine-specific scenes are what conman was talking about.

The premise of the game is that if you keep picking her, you get into her story arc, which finishes the game. So it's not like you miss the ending, but interactions with other people.

Conman. Sorry, I thought you already translated the common path scripts first before working on each heroine. But this is cool. Konomi route was the only one I finished in the game anyway.
Old 2009-05-28, 16:50
Local

No problems. The common paths that are not character specific are actually quite few. What happens, the way this game is structured, is that a "common" path would be part of Konomi's path sometimes, and part of Tamaki's path at other times and so on. The files are structured according to who the main character is referenced in that scene, because you encounter about half of the characters no matter which path you choose. Truly common paths there are a lot less of, and I found doing one path at a time allowed me to understand better the interactions and flow so I found early on that one character at a time was a much better way to translate.

I'm sure people will still want to play the alpha patches even the way I'll be providing them now, but what I guess I need now are actual testers of the translated portions on screen to see what the proofreaders missed on their pass of the text, and to see if there are any weird issues on playback of the scenes. So they'll be doing on-screen proofreading and 2nd edits of the scripts. To be able to do this, English needs to be their primary language. I'll be posting a public alpha release shortly, but private message me if you think you have the necessary skills and would like to join the team for a bit.
Old 2009-05-28, 19:10
Local

Here goes.

First public alpha patch uploaded to savefile.

Make sure to read the readme file included!

http://www.savefile.com/files/2119394

Private message me for a direct download link
Old 2009-05-28, 21:26
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Savefile is a fucking awful site, so I hope you don't mind me mirroring it here.

I don't think I'll play this one, but I'm eagerly awaiting Manaka!
Old 2009-05-28, 21:45
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Savefile is a fucking awful site, so I hope you don't mind me mirroring it here.

I don't think I'll play this one, but I'm eagerly awaiting Manaka!
No, I don't mind. Thanks for mirroring.

As for Manaka... expect a similar patch pretty soon :D

Tamaki's scenes have not all been proofread/edited yet so I don't want to provide the patch for those just yet.

Also, some people have asked elsewhere if the H (sex scenes) are included in this patch, and the answer to that is yes, the H scenes are translated as part of the route and included in the test patch. I'm not going into a discussion about whether having H in this game is good or not. They're there and they're being translated. We could possibly provide a non-H version that skipped the sex scenes entirely, but that would require a bit more programming effort, and right now I have to keep moving on the translation or we'll never get there since I have to do both.

The real reason for putting these patches out, I guess, is to prove it's not vapourware. Right now, though, my priority is to go back to the translation.
Old 2009-05-29, 14:03
Local

amazing conman, i'll see if i can find some friends to play this and help you if they see a problem! ^^
Old 2009-05-29, 18:17
Local

ALPHA TEST PATCHES

Konomi only path (updated):
http://ittaku-subs.net/th2alpha1a.zip

Manaka only path:
http://ittaku-subs.net/th2alpha1b.zip

Since savefile proved unpopular, I've gone straight for direct downloads this time. No need to mirror.

Please read the readme files. I'm currently seeking an editor/proofreader whose primary language is English for the test versions. See the readme files for how to contact me.

Last edited by conman; 2009-05-29 at 21:04.
Old 2009-05-29, 19:50
Local

what, waaay to cool, but coulnd't you like make a patch with the 2 routes? that would be like more complete and more easily to use...
Old 2009-05-29, 20:03
Local

No, these patches are for testing purposes to attract people who might be able to actually help me, I'm not putting them up just for people to play parts of the game. The game will not be "playable" till I've finished all the translation.

NOTE: I've updated the Konomi path, fixing that bug where it stopped on one scene. It should run flawlessly now.

Last edited by conman; 2009-05-29 at 21:05.
Old 2009-05-30, 11:30
Local

Can't wait for the complete patch hehehe
Old 2009-05-30, 13:24
Local

Are you going to translate to heart 2 another days too??