gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-09-03, 22:03
Addicted

'Ponkotsu' literally means 'junk', but in NNS terminology, it describes a type of hapless and somewhat airheaded heroine found in many of their games.

'Ponkotsu Tomo' is also an alias for (NNS writer) Kataoka Tomo.
Old 2006-09-03, 22:59
Keika

Enlightening and indeed instructive as this discussion is, would it be an imposition to gently nudge it back to the question of a tool with which to rip the script for Lamune?
Old 2006-09-03, 23:11

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I think this boils down to if someone has the time to reverse engineer a game... which I don't... <_<
Old 2006-09-22, 14:23

Personally, I haven't looked at the Lamune game (PC or PS2), but when it comes to choosing a project to work on, there's usually a few turn-offs that block me, for lack of others to work with. Those are:

Compression (Haeleth even helped me once on that),

Command-Usage (Many anymore dont use a text-display command before and/or after the actual text, rather they just use a &H00 (zero zero) between most text lines... which makes it a devil of a time to find any kind of common command usage.),

Translation Assistance,

And of course when a game doesn't know how to keep its bloody text inside of a nice neat little box (me so-- dislikes full screen text with darkened screen overlays),

And I guess also format conversions in some cases for graphics (cause it's always nice to fix up graphics and menus to be in english).

---------------------------------

But really, I've always loved scripting. And, when I enjoy tracking down stuff in a hex editor or text app to find & figure out common commands. I really enjoy once I've tracked down the commands for such things as fetch-text-from-point-in-file, move-to-point-in-file, and of course text & graphics commands.... I tend to cheat though when it comes time to import text & such back into the scripts. Like how on when i was working with the original Adventure 95 client for Paradise Heights 3, I basically got the points setup and used a basic default character count, and then just linked from where the original text was and inserted stuff at the end of the script files... making it so that Absolutely of the of the other position-pointers would have to be recalculated and corrected. Saved a Lot of hassle. Too bad XP didn't want to handle running that client anymore once SP-2 was installed. :( I really liked working on that client back then. I'd really enjoy it actually to to get stuff figured out for that Adventure v1.00 client actually to take care of a few of those old old games that have since become abandonedware but never had the trilogies finished like PH3 & IS3. Really saves the trouble of having to flush them to a differant client and having to rescript or even worse script stuff from scratch.

PS: feel free to give me a PM on any knowledge of the Adventure v1.00 client(s). If I recall right, they use &H00 instead of nice text commands infront of everything....

Btw, if you can find someone to figure out any compression issues with the scripts & graphics on Lamune, I'd probably be glad to lend a hand in some of the scripting work. Even "SOME" graphics editing, for menus & such. Personally I like ripping text from uncompressed scripts, rather its by use of self-made tools or often times by hand. It's a good way to get more familour with the scripting really.
Old 2006-09-22, 21:43

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY99
PS: feel free to give me a PM on any knowledge of the Adventure v1.00 client(s). If I recall right, they use &H00 instead of nice text commands infront of everything....
If they are just giving you a null-delimited list, then either (1) the game reads in all the strings or (2) there's a lookup table. In fact, this may be easier than having script commands. For example, if the string table is totally separated from the code or after the code, then modifying strings do not amount to modifying jump pointers, which can be a pain *cough*Leaf*cough*
Old 2006-09-29, 22:50

I declare my complete and utter incomprehension as to what was being said in the last two posts. That said... six revisions later, I have finally reached the third day (stargazing at the beach... >_< ohhhh)!

Suzuka probably went to Cheltenham. There is no other explanation. ::nods to self::