gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2012-06-25, 22:43
Unregistered

Why the hell are you teling us about OVELNs?
Old 2012-06-27, 03:31
THE MYSTERIOUS EXPERT

Cool

OELVN is a Visual Novel from the "VN" and fan made anime otaku style
and thus this topic is news about whats happening around the otaku world it self...
so you argument is invalid...
Old 2012-06-27, 13:28
Obsessive

I think his/her point was that OELs are somewhat outside the topic of encubed and encubed gemot, as the latter are focused primarily on the translation of Japanese VNs to English. Which would be a valid point, for what it'd be worth.
Old 2012-06-27, 14:33
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
I think his/her point was that OELs are somewhat outside the topic of encubed and encubed gemot, as the latter are focused primarily on the translation of Japanese VNs to English. Which would be a valid point, for what it'd be worth.
Quote:
Welcome to gemot encubed, the third iteration of our forums for discussing visual novels and related topics!
Rules and FAQs post doesn't explicitly mention any such mandate.

Yes, I know that's what the majority of the users here primarily discuss, but it doesn't necessarily make OELVN outside the topic "of encubed and encubed gemot", by the definition of the board rules.
Old 2012-06-28, 21:02
Obsessive

Well, I did say "somewhat", by which I meant something on the order of "effecticely".

Like I said, the point that it's somewhat outside the general topics in gemot is valid, but whether or not that's important in any way I don't know.
Old 2012-06-28, 21:18
Obsessive

Ask John: Why Do Some Seemingly Obvious Licenses Not Reach America?
http://www.animenation.net/blog/2012...reach-america/

a nice read, the answer might even apply to VNs licensing as well!
Old 2012-07-01, 10:03
dorkatlarge

Some fans on Facebook are striving to get the Windows versions of Sakura Wars 1 - 4 translated, and published on digital distribution services. They started a group called Kiss Me Sweet. I don't know if they're aiming to get their message to any one specific company, but they're probably thinking of NIS America, which translated Sakura Wars 5 back in spring 2010.

If some company can get the rights to Sakura Wars 1 - 4, will more than a few people buy the games on PCs? I don't know. Sakura Wars 5 on PS2 / Wii was a major sales disappointment. I know that these days, people are buying Windows games through online services... but is this still too risky?

Be sure to offer a Like or a comment for the Facebook group if you intend to support this effort. Post on NIS America's forum, so that they know whether people would buy these games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
...a nice read, the answer might even apply to VNs licensing as well!
Agreed. Going from what I've learned in anime and general video game fandom, what gets licensed -- and what doesn't -- sometimes depends on arbitrary factors. One person believes Property X won't sell. The licensing fees for one small aspect of the show are too expensive (usually a song, sometimes a celebrity voice). Sometimes, you'll see instances where Video Game X was never translated because the company considers its console/computer/device to be outdated or unprofitable. Every now and then, there will be a fan whose interest in the series reaches extreme levels so that they do something in public which embarrasses nearly all other fans, and causes companies to be wary of the series.
Old 2012-07-04, 02:02
Unregistered

I want to see them localized, but I have no clue if it would be worth it for the company doing it. I still haven't bought Sakura Wars 5, although I guess I should.
Old 2012-07-10, 16:33
dorkatlarge

Is there a chance that the Kiss for the Petals VNs could be officially licensed? On the Petals' Garden blog, this is discussed, along with a call to action at http://petalsgarden.axypb.net/2012/0...for-the-petals .
Old 2012-07-19, 20:56
Obsessive

Ghostlight UK is trying to port some console JRPG to the PC. No word yet on which JRPG they are trying to work with. (Agarest?)

JRPGs on PC
http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/jrpgs-on-pc

Update: in the comment section of the last week's blog post ( http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/f...out-now-on-psn ) a staff member showed interest in bringing over PC JRPGs, not just the console ports. (although, I won't hold my breath on eroge JRPG being brought over)

Last edited by Stranger; 2012-07-19 at 21:07.
Old 2012-07-21, 13:28
dorkatlarge

Regarding Stranger's comment: aside from porting a console game to PC, some likely candidates would be Falcom's games. The company published quite a few PC games from the mid-90s through 2009. For instance, "Trails in the Sky" was on Windows first, and was later ported to PSP. I dunno what PC exclusives Ghostlight could get that are relatively recent, not adults-only, and relatively easy to license.

...Getting back on topic, it looks like the people at Yaoi Forever have finished their translation of the adult BL game Togainu no Chi. Getting the patch requires joining the Aarinfantasy forum.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:57
Regular

[Semi-OT]
The real life outcome of a Harem nukige hero:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/fi...-death/979270/
Old 2012-07-27, 20:50
REDHAIR_DXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toranth View Post
[Semi-OT]
The real life outcome of a Harem nukige hero:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/fi...-death/979270/
LOL your crazy XD I was literary thought that it was real but LOL

well having 6 wives then the 5 raped him wow as in bummer...
Old 2012-07-30, 01:06
Obsessive

Little Busters! Anime's New Promo Streamed for October Debut
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-october-debut
Old 2012-08-03, 01:42
Swiftnissity1

Nitro+Chiral's next title confirmed:
http://ai-catch.tumblr.com/post/2850...t-seems-that-a

DRAMAtical Murder RE:CONNECT
Apparently it continues from the good ends of each character.