gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Old 2014-02-06, 20:33
dsp2003

Smile The Infinity Series Engine Reimplementation (archived)

Since I could no longer find nor reach the developers, I'm uploading the last version I had on hand at GitHub. Hopefully, it will be useful to someone.

https://github.com/dsp2003/e17p

Excerpt from the ReadMe:

Quote:
The 'infinity series' is a set of proprietary visual novels produced by the semi-defunct company KID ('Kindle Imagine Develop'). Various proprietary engines for these games are available, including for Win32 and PSP, but at the time of writing there is no Free engine capable of playing these games natively on Unix-like OSes.

The purpose of e17p is to create such an engine by reverse-engineering the storage formats used by these games, and writing a free parser based on the knowledge gained this way.