gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-05-18, 01:58
Regular

Default Releasing Narcissu Again

First of all, this is not a 'real' release, it's missing things like translation notes, which I'll add real soon.

But here it is:
http://visualnoveldai.com/visualnovels/narcissu

Yeah I know, Narcissu again, it's a few years old, and it was just recently re-released with Narcissu 2. What's the point?

Well, what the point is is this. Right now you're looking at it with a browser, I assume Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Opera, no, don't try to look at it with IE. In about a week, iPad compatibility will be done, and Narcissu will be available on the iPad. Give me another week, and I'll have it be embeddable, in your personal blogs or sites, or on this forum. In another week, it'll be available as a facebook game. I don't have a schedule for the iphone and android versions, but should be available shortly as well.

So that's the point of this re-release. What I'm hoping is that for anyone out there, who wants to talk to people about visual novels, instead of telling someone to download something, will simply embed this, or perhaps link to the page, and have the person be immersed in the world of VNs right away. I'm just hoping that this will be an easier way for people to read visual novels.

If you want to see the editor that made this:
http://visualnoveldai.com/node/add/visualnovel

This might not match 100% with the downloadable game, since I wrote the converter in about 2 hours, and so it might have errors. If anyone finds any bugs or anything that's inaccurate in terms of how the downloadable works, please let me know.

PS: Is there any other (o)nscripter games I could legally port? Since I have a converter but no games...
PPS: Thanks a lot to all the translators, stage-nana, and everyone else who took part in making something so awesome so liberally licensed.
Old 2010-05-18, 02:14
Obsessive

Try umineko, that would be epic if you could port it to android.
What about releasing the converter too, once it's done?
Old 2010-05-18, 20:44
Regular

umineko sounds cool, but what's the licensing situation there?

Edit: Forgot to mention that to save you hover over the bottom and click the save button.

Last edited by Charuru; 2010-05-18 at 20:49.
Old 2010-05-18, 21:15
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
umineko sounds cool, but what's the licensing situation there?
First chapter is free.
Old 2010-05-19, 06:57

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
In about a week, iPad compatibility will be done, and Narcissu will be available on the iPad.
By this, you mean you're getting rid of the Flash on the website? I thought it was going to be a fully HTML5 implementation but got Flash complaints on the iPod touch hehe.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:19
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
By this, you mean you're getting rid of the Flash on the website? I thought it was going to be a fully HTML5 implementation but got Flash complaints on the iPod touch hehe.
The touch/iPhone does not have 'real' html5 support for media, so I can only speak for it working on the iPad.

The flash is necessary for Firefox, which doesn't support the same html5 stuff as everyone else do... But anyway, it'll just take me a bit to test out the html5 detection and swapping flash for html.

Quote:
First chapter is free.
Sounds good. I'm doing it.

Quote:
What about releasing the converter too, once it's done?
I'll release it ASAP. It was a bit too specific for Narcissu, since I wrote it based on that script, but testing it out on Umineko will probably allow me to generalize it.
Old 2010-06-07, 13:00
Regular

Ahh gawd, totally forgot about this thread.
The HTML5 was done a while ago, if anyone's curious. I never got around to doing Umineko, just the demo is actually not that attractive to me.

Also totally forgot about the converter, will try to release that asap without testing it on Umineko.