gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-11-26, 07:52
Local

Send a message via AIM to The One Freeman Send a message via Yahoo to The One Freeman

It would be l33t if a translation is made!
Old 2007-11-29, 21:21
Obsessive

What is there to know about it?

It's voiced allages Air like all the console ports.

Some cute PSP features but no new content strictly speaking.

(I'll add the link to the product page soon. Key is doing server maintenance and I don't know the url (its on the Key home page).)
Old 2007-11-29, 21:23
Local

The CG's were cut off rather than expanded for widescreen. That's basically it.
________
Ultimate Fighters

Last edited by fireshark; 2011-03-09 at 08:32.
Old 2007-12-07, 17:56
Regular

This question may be stupid, but in the scripts page, why does Kano's path end at July 30? Doesn't it end on August 3rd or something?
Old 2009-05-25, 00:08
Unregistered

Default I Play Japanese Dating Games

I am from America and I play Japanese dating games all the time. I don't understand Japanese either. I play the games as they are. I don't translate them. I usually play Otome games aims towards the female audience, where the girl picks the guy she wants to date. I am thinking about buying the game Otomegari. Which is aim for men. The games has vampires. Since a lot of the Otome games I have played don't have any vampires, wish they did. Wish they make an Hellsing one.

If you want to translate the games into English theirs programs that can do that. I think it sort of silly. But what ever is your choice do it. When I play these games, I usually have the walkthrough, they're in Japanese, I just match the words on the walkthrough to one on the screen.

http://www.himeyashop.com/index.php Is an excellent place to buy these Japanese games, they are not cheap, but they order them straight from Japan, and if there game you trying to look for, if you know the name of it, they can order it for you.

Until you these games become popular in America, a lot of the them will not be translated into English, most Americans find these games boring.
Old 2009-05-25, 01:28
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

A+++++ post, would read again
Old 2009-05-25, 01:37
Posts way too much

*doesn't get it*

I mean, look, if the URL actually linked to worldofwarcraftgold.ru or something, I'd be suitably impressed that we were targeted by an unusually clever spambot. But I don't see himeyashop using those..
Old 2009-05-25, 08:19
Regular

I am baffled to the point of being impressed.
Old 2009-05-25, 12:14

Best troll ever?
Old 2009-05-26, 02:56
Regular

I tried to use the W(hat) icon. It took me that long to realize this wasn't actually SA.

Still, WHAT.
Old 2011-11-01, 13:16
Kawaii Usagi

So, is this project dead?
Old 2011-11-01, 21:41
Unregistered

Yeah, the project is dead AFAIK. From what I've read, the AIR translation project got a cease and desist notice from Visual Arts. Damn shame if you ask me, as I was going to buy a copy and then use the translation patch when it was going to come out. Really, stopping the game from being translated isn't doing KEY or Visual Arts any good, and it's not a matter of intellectual property I think. I mean, translating a game is no different than modding a game. Ugh...
Old 2011-11-02, 10:19
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yeah, the project is dead AFAIK. From what I've read, the AIR translation project got a cease and desist notice from Visual Arts. Damn shame if you ask me, as I was going to buy a copy and then use the translation patch when it was going to come out. Really, stopping the game from being translated isn't doing KEY or Visual Arts any good, and it's not a matter of intellectual property I think. I mean, translating a game is no different than modding a game. Ugh...
The C&D wasn't what killed it. It was repeatedly being badly/machine translated (varied per "translator" working on it) and being dropped, then picked up by another "translator" who did the same thing, repeated several times.

At this point I'm no longer sure who is "translating" it anymore. But they've probably practically dropped it by now, but they're probably still "translating" it without actually doing anything. Last news was that after 'Hikari-chan' picked it up a year ago ( http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35903 ), it was dropped around March/April (once again, no announcement of the kind after announcing she would translate it, it had to be dragged out of the person in question, and immediately afterward I heard it was picked up by another group again. I have no idea where it went after that.
Old 2011-11-02, 13:42
Kawaii Usagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDZ View Post
The C&D wasn't what killed it. It was repeatedly being badly/machine translated (varied per "translator" working on it) and being dropped, then picked up by another "translator" who did the same thing, repeated several times.

At this point I'm no longer sure who is "translating" it anymore. But they've probably practically dropped it by now, but they're probably still "translating" it without actually doing anything. Last news was that after 'Hikari-chan' picked it up a year ago ( http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35903 ), it was dropped around March/April (once again, no announcement of the kind after announcing she would translate it, it had to be dragged out of the person in question, and immediately afterward I heard it was picked up by another group again. I have no idea where it went after that.
Just read that thread.... the "translator" seemed to have an angry reply/taking things out of context complex. I think all she thought was "if I translate the text, I can just swap the Japanese characters with english ones!" Not as easy as you'd think!
Well, anyways, I think you'll agree, the state of this translation is in is a damn shame, as I really enjoyed the anime (even bought it and the movie) and I'd love to get more out of this series, as I really enjoyed the artstyle. But ah, I doubt we'll ever see a full translation unless a group like mirrormoon translated it, but they only do TYPE-MOON stuff, so eh. So are there any groups like mirrormoon, except they translate Key's visual novels?
Old 2011-11-02, 16:55
Local

Send a message via MSN to VDZ

If by 'groups like mirrormoon' you mean groups that translate exclusively games from a single company, the only other example I know of is NNL, who translate minori titles.

If by 'groups like mirrormoon' you mean dedicated VN fan translation groups in general, there's multiple. Amaterasu is a well-known one, there's TakaJun (former mirrormoon translator)'s new group Yandere Translations, there's Tengu translations...there's also at least one community that can't really be called a 'group' but does translate stuff: TLWiki is basically a wiki where multiple projects are hosted so you have a whole bunch of translation-related people in the same place.

We will see a translation at some point (it's a non-fandisk Key title, the only other untranslated one is Rewrite because it's so new), the question is whether that'll be in 2014 or in 2024.