gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-08-18, 08:06

Default Is there currently any way to play Midsummer Haze or Kira Snowdrop?

I might have gotten the names wrong, but as far as I know, both of the above games are Japanese doujin VNs released at one of the al|together festivals, probably before I got into the medium. Needless to say, I completely missed their releases.

For the first game, despite hearing that it isn't exactly worth playing to begin with, the patch seems to be unable to find the game from the creators' website: when I clicked on the option to let me download the game myself, it led to a Japanese site but gave a 404 message.

For the second game, I heard that it was released at first but later taken down because the translators didn't get the approval of the creators, or something similar. Is this what happened, and if so, is the game still unavailable in English?

Any help would be appreciated. Since there aren't too many translated VNs out there and doujin games are nice and short, I was able to play through most of them, but I hope I won't have to pass on these two indefinitely (especially the latter, I heard it was great!)
Old 2009-08-18, 08:12
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ETERNAL View Post
For the second game, I heard that it was released at first but later taken down because the translators didn't get the approval of the creators, or something similar. Is this what happened, and if so, is the game still unavailable in English?
Yes, the translator released the English version without permission from the author (who couldn't be reached). He became uncomfortable about this over time, so the release was discontinued.

At any rate, he doesn't want the translated game to be distributed.
Old 2009-08-18, 08:15
Unregistered

Sorry, forgot about this. Midsummer Haze (first link) is available here.

http://at2006.haeleth.net/game.php?id=13
Old 2009-08-18, 10:43

Thanks for the help, but the Midsummer Haze setup file still isn't working. It crashes when I tell it to download the game automatically, and when I ask to download it manually, the page it directs me to can't be found.
Old 2009-08-18, 17:06
Posts way too much

Don't worry; Haeleth's translation of Snowflake -Kira- was rather bad anyway.

Too bad; it's a beautiful game.
Old 2009-08-19, 11:32
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Don't worry; Haeleth's translation of Snowflake -Kira- was rather bad anyway.

Too bad; it's a beautiful game.
Thats kinda mean...

I think I might have the installer, but I don't want to disrespect the translator.
What it Haeleth that did it, I'll try to see if he'll let me if so.
Old 2009-08-19, 14:58
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Kira -snowdrop-'s translation would be pretty decent if, in it, the heroine did not employ a hideous approximation of a southern accent for whatever bizarre reason.
Old 2009-08-20, 04:32

Default amn

That accent is one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.
Spoiler

But yeah, it's not bad if you can tolerate that.

P.S. on topic - I doubt many here will consent to giving out a copy of Kira, since it was revoked by its translator. As for Haze, I uninstalled mine in despair, but somebody might have the files.

Last edited by SRMoogle; 2009-08-20 at 04:37.
Old 2009-08-21, 10:45
Regular

Here I uploaded my copy of Midsummer's Haze.
(There's no problem uploading it, since it was free to begin with, right?)

http://7nightstranslations.wordpress.com/ - VN reviews and stuff
Old 2009-08-21, 18:17
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
Its a waste of harddrive space....

*shudder* So glad to be rid of it.
Old 2009-08-21, 18:37
Posts way too much

Ah, Manatsu no Kagerou. That game uses stock.. everything. Free backgrounds, free music, free tachie...
Old 2009-08-30, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
Thanks a lot. You really saved me there, despite the fact that I wasn't missing much. I think that's about it for my doujin VN quest, until I stop slacking off and start learning Japanese.
Old 2012-07-30, 21:14
Ominous

Default It's such a shame...

I'm on my quest to find the working files for A Midsummer Haze and yet I realize that megaupload was taken down by the government. I understand that it's against the laws and that it takes away money from working people, but I'm sad already and there's probably nothing I can do any further to find a working copy of this visual novel.

There was a time when I was so naive that I thought everything you downloaded could work without any difficulty. I was wrong. I thought I understood everything about the computer, but really I knew so little that I couldn't even do basic commands within the computer itself. I have trouble trying to find out how extracting and archiving work exactly and I've quit trying to do anything.

In life, I just wanted to live a life that I could live leisurely, but that's a dream only reserved for the fat cats who were born rich, and I'm ashamed that I kept thinking about such thoughts and even asking why I was even born into this world -- into my circumstances. There was so much I regretted, yet all of them were things that made me who I was. I really am sad. Really.

Yes, I'm ranting on and on, but you know what? I'm finding myself more willing to tell it to the world that will probably never hear this voice to the world I always thought rejected me, to the world that I eventually found out wasn't just a sad symptom of my paranoia. When I really think about it. The world is cruel. Really cruel. It can mess you just by thinking about something.

But you know what's even sadder? Me. I throw too many pity parties that no one but me attends to. No one cares about. It's true. Why? Because I made them feel like that. I'm frustrated, I'm bored, I'm unmotivated, I'm a jerk, I can't empathize with people properly, I'm too naive, I'm a shut-in, I spend too much time on this computer, people are likely to forget me. But...even after all the agony and pain I went through, I finally found out that I need to accept the fact that these are all the traits that belong to my own individual.

Nowadays, I find myself just slaving the days away on this computer. I'm still that sad individual I was before, I haven't changed much, but one important thing has for sure. This computer is not just my obsession now, it's my life, it's a life that doesn't exist. I realize this, but I don't truly realize since I never act upon that realization.

Wait...did I just go on like that just by talking about a visual novel...?

...Wow, this is some serious stuff I have to think about. >.>
Old 2012-07-31, 12:59
Obsessive

I don't know why you're rambling on about your life because you can't find a terrible doujin game…

… but I found the english files pretty quickly. The original DL is in the Internet archive.

http://web.archive.org/web/200612111...91;AT2006].exe

If that doesn't work:
http://web.archive.org/web/201007212...game.php?id=13 is the archive of the related page for it, click the http link not the mirror.

I didn't test it but that's the original file from AT. If it needs something from a Japanese site to work your better off searching the Japanese title.

Last edited by jyuichi; 2012-07-31 at 13:04.
Old 2012-08-18, 17:45
Ominous

Thanks for the help! ^^

Uh... Sorry about my ranting back there, but unfortunately, I can't seem to get the page to display. I keep getting the infamous, "Page cannot be crawled or displayed due to robots.txt" text. I'm not even sure how people even bypass this. Some help would be appreciated in this little problem.

Thanks again.