gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-03-25, 20:25
Obsessive

Default Help with Gadget Trial patch? :3

Okay I bought Gadget Trial on my trip to Japan but I can't figure out how the patch the !@#$ thing. The Kumasan patch is different now as I found out the hard way and the "pre-patch" versions instructions told me to install that patch and didn't seem to work ^^;

Sorry folks, anyone know how this thing works?
Old 2008-03-25, 20:41
Posts way too much

The patch site says 'We understand that Kogado is no longer distributing the update patch which is required to apply our translation patch. To address this, we have made a version of the patch that works on the game that comes out of the box. To get the patch, just check 'Downloads'.' So I assume you just get the pre-patch and ignore the instructions, which are probably older than this notice. =p
Old 2008-03-26, 22:23
Obsessive

I ran that and the checksum for GADGETT.exe doesn't verify. I ran a error fix install off the original disc and then uninstalled and reinstalled but had the same problem. It seems to run fine in Japanese.

The MD5 for my file is 7c5e34e9dba67d09c3462285fc26dbe1. I couldn't copy down the checksum it wanted because the command window closed too fast.

Frankly if anyone could just send me the correct exe that would probably solve the problem but anyone with the game on here has probably patched it already. ^^;

EDIT: The only difference between the desired checksum and mine is the desired one has a e in front of it...

Last edited by jyuichi; 2008-03-26 at 22:46.
Old 2008-04-03, 18:50
Addicted

A new build of the patch is being prepared to address this issue. Frankly, it's a bit concerning that no one's pointed this out in the half-year or more since the revised patch's release.