gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-09-01, 15:51
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox View Post
Paid or unpaid, pro or amateur. Lets set all of that aside for a moment. Let me share my viewpoint.

Moogy has achievements.

Sharin no Kuni and Saya no Uta as well as Demonbane and establishing TLWiki and there are probably others before my time.
To Moogy: A lot of people hold you in a position of respect. You've brought bunches to the visual novel scene and for that we are grateful. But now why are you ranting on other fan translators? Why are you talking crap about mangagamer and kouryuu, about JAST USA? Aren't they all part of this very awesome visual novel community that we've established? And yet now you seem like you're backfiring on everything you stood for (or perhaps only appear to stand for). Look, if you don't care for the industry, then get off the pedestal and be the 4channer you are - that's completely fine. But be done with the elitist talk. And I'm sorry if I get any facts wrong, but these are the things I think I've been absolutely certain of.
Many companies are run by loudmouth CEOs (who make their livings off the backs of talented people they've gathered to do the real work) who strut around, generate self-publicity, and slander everyone else. They don't have the real abilities to meaningfully contribute, but they nevertheless worm their way to the top.

The leaders of NNL and TLWiki would be our very equivalent. Because they now have some clout, they're going full steam ahead.

We all knew from the start, but hey, TLWiki produces results.

Quote:
So what did he get paid for?
What do many CEOs get paid for? They organize the talent, secure business contracts, and pay themselves well. I'm sure the likes of Eisner and Kotick know the game well.
Old 2010-09-01, 16:10
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
We all knew from the start, but hey, TLWiki produces results.
No one was saying they didn't (although I'm not sure why you are giving Moogy credit for other people's work on TLwiki. Sure he hosts the site but would you give the owners of gemot credit for good posts written here?).

People are simply saying we are sick of his elitist attitude, especially his recent habit of insulting other hard working translators.
Old 2010-09-01, 16:35
Unregistered

Quote:
No one was saying they didn't (although I'm not sure why you are giving Moogy credit for other people's work on TLwiki. Sure he hosts the site but would you give the owners of gemot credit for good posts written here?).

People are simply saying we are sick of his elitist attitude, especially his recent habit of insulting other hard working translators.
Oh, I don't disagree. I'm just stating why it's tolerated or allowed to continue, just like how many good for nothing pricks can thrive in politics and business. Often, the worst people succeed (off the backs of the real contributors).

TLWiki was founded in that way - just someone manipulating the scene (probably sucking any number of dicks along the way, figuratively speaking), focusing in on the talent, and taking credit.

'Tis the way of the world, and the visual novel scene is evidently no different. If it isn't apparent already, I have never had any respect for the likes of Moogy. He was a douche from day one.
Old 2010-09-01, 16:55
Obsessive

I always thought Moogy was pretty nice besides his obvious trolling...
Old 2010-09-01, 17:33
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
I always thought Moogy was pretty nice besides his obvious trolling...
I don't want to argue with you fujifruit, because I think you are a really nice guy, but this is what, the third thread derailed recently by Moogy acting like a dick?

I don't care if he thinks he's "trolling", he's really making gemot an unpleasant place to visit.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:05
Unregistered

How was this thread derailed by Moogy? Setting aside the matter of whether his first post was 'acting like a dick', I don't see anyone being provoked by his doubts there about the Hoshimemo translation, just capitalizing on his presence to drag up random things he's said and done in the past.

Are you saying he shouldn't post at all because people can't resist the opportunity to rag on him anonymously, no matter how off-topic it is, about the postponed SubaHibi translation and whatever he said about JAST USA?
Old 2010-09-01, 18:13
Posts way too much

Moogy's presence causes the threads to be derailed, sure, but I think saying he's the one doing it is taking it a bit far. He's just a naturally caustic sort of fellow, I think.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:32
Unregistered

Quote:
Are you saying he shouldn't post at all because people can't resist the opportunity to rag on him anonymously, no matter how off-topic it is, about the postponed SubaHibi translation and whatever he said about JAST USA?
People rag on him because whenever he does post, it's to insult someone needlessly.
We're not saying he shouldn't post, we're saying he shouldn't make childish and pernicious posts.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:41
Unregistered

Expressing concern that someone's translation may be detrimental to a game as their sample image demonstrates improper grammar is not a "needless insult" (it will hopefully compel the translator to recruit a capable editor,) and none of his other posts in this thread have been remotely insulting.
Old 2010-09-01, 18:44
Posts way too much

I doubt the translator in question will ever read Moogy's response to it, to be honest
Old 2010-09-01, 18:46
Obsessive

Quote:
Nope, I was just saying Peter did something that made Moogy gain money and Moogy did something that might lose Peter money. Hardly seems fair, does it?
Peter would have lost more money paying the translators he normally uses; I don't see how Moogy could make him lose more money than he would've spent anyway. I like Peter for trying to create a market for eroge, but it's not like he took a bullet for the TLWiki-hired translators. It was a business decision.
Old 2010-09-02, 03:25
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
hard to ruin something you didn't translate ololol
mixing up didn't and couldn't ololol
Old 2010-09-02, 08:12
Unregistered

Quote:
I also helped organize the project in general, along with LoSs, once it went "legit."
Ahh... so that's why LoSs suddenly changed his attitude and showed his dorkside.

Both of you are doomed. Now get the hell out of scene and don't even think to return from your earned place along Payne's hard member.
Old 2010-09-02, 08:24
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
mixing up didn't and couldn't ololol
I agree that I probably can't translate SubaHibi properly - not due to anything silly like not understanding the Japanese, but simply because I'm not anywhere near as good of a writer as Scaji is. That's kind of why I stopped.

Or to put it another way, I wouldn't want to translate any game I voted 10 out of fear of fucking it up completely with my half-assed writing skills.
Old 2010-09-02, 17:27
Regular

I have a feeling that the unregistered guys here just posted to insult Moogy,
And more and more guys are joining this bullsh*t.
Look at the first post before posting anything, if your post isn't relevant to the thread or you don't have any intention to help anyone, then stop posting here.

Quote:
People rag on him because whenever he does post, it's to insult someone needlessly.
From what I see, you people are the one who are insulting someone, not him...
Quote:
'act like a d*ck', 'asshole'...
Aren't those words vulgar?
And this is one of the reason why I hate 4chan and anything related to it.

Quote:
he's really making gemot an unpleasant place to visit.
YOU guys are making this thread an unpleasant place to visit.